Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

Does anyone notice the way Hammond, while he's talking, seems to get quieter andquieter over time, to the point where youcan hardly hear him. and then, SUDDENLY, MID SENTENCE, GETS LOUDER AGAIN, and then gets gradually quieter and a little bit louder then quieter, quieter still, and then GETS LOUD AGAIN?

Two things....

1. I LOVE when they wear something extremely flashy and the instant question is "Are you wearing that for a bet?"

2. The people who remember when Richard tested the Morgan, what kind of jacket he was wearing? I want to find one like that.

Knight XV - Top Gear Season 16

Knight XV - Top Gear Season 16

The promo to season 16 highlighted Richard driving through walls and smashing cars in a Knight XV. This doesn't seem to be aired. Does anyone know why this wasn't aired?

Watch @ 0:18 and you'll see the highlight:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgIMTgpu1lo&feature=related[/video]

Was Jezza's chair powered before this season? Looks like in this last episode it was even hooked up to a battery:

http://img231.imageshack.**/img231/9744/topgear16x0620110227720.jpg

Also, why blur out his watch? It's obvious it's an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean with leather strap

http://img19.imageshack.**/img19/9744/topgear16x0620110227720.jpg

I'm guessing that the blurring of watch and clock in the Jag vs the World film were to prevent the Constabulary attempting to use the information to assist them in their inquiries.

There's no way even on quiet roads at night that Jeremy could have achieved the required average without speeding at some point and there is bound to be a number of policemen who are also Daily Mail readers and can do maths. He'd be a rather big prize to nail.

Rolex = (Full Fat) Mans watch, Omega = (Little, frilly pink nicks) Girls watch - in general.

Bond doesn't seem to mind wearing one. :p

I'm guessing that the blurring of watch and clock in the Jag vs the World film were to prevent the Constabulary attempting to use the information to assist them in their inquiries.

There's no way even on quiet roads at night that Jeremy could have achieved the required average without speeding at some point and there is bound to be a number of policemen who are also Daily Mail readers and can do maths. He'd be a rather big prize to nail.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. In fact, there's a scene where it's obvious he's blasting through.

Bond doesn't seem to mind wearing one. :p

Connery Bond had a Rolex. Brosnan Bond had an Omega, and drove BMWs and drank Smirnoff. 'Nuff said. Craig Bond is still working off his predecessor's endorsement contracts so that's not his fault just yet.

Also, why blur out his watch?

Maybe they didn't. Mine goes like that sometimes ever since I accidentally dropped it into the bath.

Did I miss something?

Did I miss something?

I dont recall seeing the film about the large truck busting through the wall like they showed in the preview. I was really looking forward to that. Did I missing something?
"That gaps big enough...." Hammond

In the words of Top Gear: "Thats rubbish"
They could have shown that over a number of less interesting films. I want to see that Maurader break through walls!

OMG SOMETHING THAT THEY SHOWED IN THE TRAILER WASN'T IN THE SERIES, I MUST LET EVERYONE KNOW ON THE TOP GEAR FAN FORUM.

Do you people yell about scenes that are shown in movie trailers but don't show up in the movie in the theater too, god its obnoxious!

You try to fit a bunch of long clips in an hour long show each week and not make it feel rushed, Top Gear has kept a pretty tight set up for the show, the order varies but this is bog standard Top Gear schedule here: Power test with power lap, news, big movie pt 1, SIARPC, Big movie pt 2. They don't deviate much from that and I think that works pretty well with keeping my attention. Some things get cut out to make a segment that is more worthy longer, get used to it, it'll probably pop up next series.

Last edited:
totally agree with you guys...i have been anticipating for that large red truck ever since seeing the preview.

I was thinking that same thing and i was about to post about it. But yeah i was waiting for that film. It looked hilareous

Sometimes they film more bits than they need and they show them in the next series, other times the bit itself isn't overall good but there are parts of it that make it into trailers...
There was such a thing some series back when there was a Stig doing stunts in a red outfit I think, that we didn't get to see.