Crysis 2

Cryptopygia

The Eastern state where you can't fill your tank
Car(s)
Whichever car is still working
Played the Xbox demo, should be brilliant.

I'm really glad I just got a GTX560. However, the drivers are a bit crap and need work. I don't expect Crysis 2 to be supported on this release at all. I don't even have textures in Shogun 2 and Crysis Warhead hangs massively, even though it gets high FPS at max settings.

EDIT: Wow, I can run it smooth at max! Goooo nVidia!

And this is the best looking oil spill I've ever seen.

http://img98.imageshack.**/img98/4413/crysis2demo201103010026.jpg

I even get per pixel motion blur. I've never seen per pixel motion blur on DX9.

Last edited:
So, uhh, anyone know what the single player's like? Multiplayer is literally call of duty with armor powers. Lame, if I want to play call of duty I will... and I'm not going to, I've played plenty of COD and I'm done with it. (Not that I was much of a fan of Crysis' multiplayer, I don't really want to play Battlefield mixed with UT and Tribes and missing the best parts of each)

Even for a beta demo my 8800 GT ran it remarkably well and looks great, :thumbsup: for CryEngine 3. Now the game play, that was remarkably trite. Even with the nanosuit's function it was unexciting, and the mouse movement for me felt unusually rigid and slow to respond, I hope mouse acceleration isn't on by default. I know most fps games have a fov of around 65, but this one the field of view is ridiculously narrow and I felt claustrophobic at times. :thumbsdown: for gameplay.

I think the gameplay is swell. It's intense and strategic. It resembles Call of Duty in some ways, like the progression system and the pace of combat, but the suit powers really mix things up. I'm not complaining. I loved MW2 and I love having that feel in Crysis 2.

/played the demo a while ago on the xbawks

I think the gameplay is swell. It's intense and strategic. It resembles Call of Duty in every way

You had a typo there.

Yeah, and Quake is just a Doom rip off.

Come off it. They're separate games that play differently.

Dude, you can't rip yourself off, id made Doom and Quake. That's like saying Starcraft is a ripoff of Warcraft. How can you deny that Crysis 2's multiplayer is extremely derivative of cod? The rank system, unlocks, loadouts, killstreak rewards, removal of vehicles, even the map design philosophy is derived from cod. Yeah, there's armor powers, that's obviously not in cod, but the framework is definitely derived from cod to try to win the affection of console players (ie. the biggest most money making market) with a best selling formula that will be comfortably familiar to the hordes of cod players and just different enough to not be cod.

Last edited:
Dude, you can't rip yourself off, id made Doom and Quake. That's like saying Starcraft is a ripoff of Warcraft. How can you deny that Crysis 2's multiplayer is extremely derivative of cod? The rank system, unlocks, loadouts, killstreak rewards, removal of vehicles, even the map design philosophy is derived from cod. Yeah, there's armor powers, that's obviously not in cod, but the framework is definitely derived from cod to try to win the affection of console players (ie. the biggest most money making market) with a best selling formula that will be comfortably familiar to the hordes of cod players and just different enough to not be cod.

This is why I play Battlefield.

Anyways, I'm a fan of a Crysis singleplayer series, but yeah, that's all I'm really leaning towards right now.

Apparently, no DX11 support at launch, though it will be patched in at a later date.

You wouldn't believe the shitstorm, and all the cries "CONSOLE PORT IT SUCKS," it sparked at the XS forums. (Though to be honest, the users who hang around the news section seem to bitch about everything.)

It's still disappointing though.

Crysis 2's multiplayer is extremely derivative of shooters. Tight maps were not invented by Call of Duty. Nor were ranks and unlocks (everyone seems to forget BF2 when they think of that, though many games have had them before). Many games have not included vehicles (vehicle combat was pretty mediocre in Crysis and Warhead anyway). Killstreak rewards, as far as I know, was first introduced in MW.

"Doom is a rip off of Quake" was sarcasm.

Crysis 2 reminds me a lot more of GRAW PC.

Crysis without the open area and cutting edge graphics just isnt' Crysis. I never got into the original game, but even I can see why the fans of the original are dissapointed.

Apparently, no DX11 support at launch, though it will be patched in at a later date.

You wouldn't believe the shitstorm, and all the cries "CONSOLE PORT IT SUCKS," it sparked at the XS forums. (Though to be honest, the users who hang around the news section seem to bitch about everything.)

It IS disappointing. The game's UGLY in DX9.

This is one game that should not be launched like this.....Push back the launch date and release it properly.

Being at the cutting edge of technology was always Crysis' party piece, the game it self was good, nothing more and it offered nothing new really, except the graphics made everything that much better. Without it the game doesn't feel right to me.

Ooooh a fellow XSer :thumbsup:

Anyway, you can't blame them. They've all got great PCs and they're just being wasted because consoles are slowing down the rate at which game tech is improving. Furthermore it makes sense for everyone to be raging. If it was some other game it wouldn't matter, but Crysis is supposed to be the showpiece of the upper limit of game graphics. A game with expectations like that going DX9 at launch... in 2011 is just silly.

Not to mention:

1) The demo has very limited graphical options
2) The opening screen says "press start button"

I tried it out, it's basically CoD + nanosuits, and even then they consolidated the suit a bit. Strength and armor were better off separate IMO...

The graphics are pretty but on my PC at least, nothing unheard of, basically on par with the last game, or Far Cry 2, or Just Cause 2. I can't really complain since that's about the upper limit of my system anyway.

One theory I've seen for the demo is that Crytek/EA never intended for a PC demo. Once the PC community made themselves heard, they rushed to whip one up.

Also, there is a rumor that the DX11 patch could be uploaded on launch day. The theory behind that is that Crytek is working on DX11 implementation while the retail discs are being produced, possibly to meet the launch date.

Ooooh a fellow XSer :thumbsup:

What's your username over there? Mine's "amtgman."