Random Thoughts....

True. I think I like that last one. The sentence would be something like:
"Ensured accuracy of up to $2.1 million of inventory through verification of both in-coming and out-going shipments."

I'd change that slightly, from "up to" to "exceeding $2 million"

So...a former teacher of mine wants to get back into teaching, despite having gone to prison for glassing a woman a few years ago and getting into a drunken gay slur with her. :|

Never heard it before, but in the context, I'd assume...hotting someone with a glass?

I should be getting off the computer, retrieving my clothing from the dryer, and packing for my weekend trip to the People's Republic of Madison. Emphasis on "should." Procrastination FT---hell, I'll do it later.

Crazy... Crazy guy. That's why I don't go to clubs anymore.

I'm wondering tho if everyone here will be familiar with the word "glass" being used as a verb?

Never heard it before, but in the context, I'd assume...hotting someone with a glass?

It's usually done in nightclubs, it's when you thrust a pint glass into someones face or throat. It's very popular here and in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glassing

I think I should put "[ninjacoco] deserves $2 million for being awesome" on my resume and see where that gets me.

I'm not having much luck with what I've got.

I've been trying to get into the habit of asking people I know to give me a million dollars if they win the lottery. Ask enough people, and eventually it's bound to pay off, right?

I've been trying to get into the habit of asking people I know to give me a million dollars if they win the lottery. Ask enough people, and eventually it's bound to pay off, right?

Sure, someone's always winning, just a matter of time before it's one of the people you ask, the more people you ask the better odds, though I'd get it in writing, that way they can't just go :tease: when they win :p

Let me ask,

Is it a problem that I have zero close friends and near enough that it makes no difference, zero female friends? I only hang out with friends around four times a year outside of school and to top it off I have two over protective parents who are extremely worried that I may get abducted if I go out alone, god forbid I get into a bus or a taxi meaning that they have to drive me everywhere and wait for me everywhere whenever I meet up with said friends leading to some very awkward encounters. Also, I'm not that good looking, tall or muscular either due to my dislike of sports which mostly likely stem from jock classmates who would yell at you like it was the Olympics if you drop a ball during PE, not to mention it's just boring. Ironically enough, yelling at people to like sports doesn't make them like it. Finally, my family has no car and due to some sudden and severe financial calamities (oh what a difference 12 months make) we can't buy anything better than a decade old Ford Falcon.

One more thing, I want to not care about what other people think of me but I can't do it, somehow I've garnered the reputation of the rich kid at school and to turn up one day in a rust bucket...that would have been fine a few years ago when kids didn't care about those sorts of things yet but I guess I picked the worst possible time to have my fortunes asplode before me.

One more thing, I want to not care about what other people think of me but I can't do it, somehow I've garnered the reputation of the rich kid at school and to turn up one day in a rust bucket...that would have been fine a few years ago when kids didn't care about those sorts of things yet but I guess I picked the worst possible time to have my fortunes asplode before me.

It's not about what you are on the outside to people, it's about who you are on the inside and putting it out to the outside. It took me three years to loosen up and not be a psychopathic bullying victim and gain confidence with myself and with others. Indeed, I've had a lot of bumps along the way (some of which have taken a toll on me, but that's another story for another thread) but coming out of high school is probably the best feeling I've had for quite a while.

You may end up being with the same people for the 6 years, but at least you have a choice of who you want to be with. It's up to you what you do and to make it happen.

Good luck.

I doubt there's a single teenager who emerges from their high school years completely unscathed. It's an unapologetically rough, unforgiving business, especially socially.

/Had her own bullying problems, but is now completely over it and admires everyone who graduates successfully! :)

Tough it out, tough it out you'll be fine in time.

I doubt there's a single teenager who emerges from their high school years completely unscathed. It's an unapologetically rough, unforgiving business, especially socially.

/Had her own bullying problems, but is now completely over it and admires everyone who graduates successfully! :)
So did I, they kept running away from me. .... Rats. ...

Last edited:

Too many hormonal changes, too much immaturity. I completely agree with you.

LeMans GTR: I'm sorry that you have deal with what you're going through. It's a shit-tastic situation to be in but just hang on. Once you're out and about in college things are better. The people get more mature, the environment changes, chemicals start settling, and there's booze to be had. We're here for you dawg.

Also, to those that are in medicine, are these early signs of a possible stroke or is it just nerves?

I think I should put "[ninjacoco] deserves $2 million for being awesome" on my resume and see where that gets me.

I'm not having much luck with what I've got.
Remember the covering letter/eMail text is as important as the CV ('wot' we call a Resum?). It should show how you can meet their requirement that the list in the advertisement, if they list 8 then you need at least 5 skills/experiences that match.

Having applied by either eMail or Letter ALWAYS phone up the next day to ask if they have got the application, try and get to person dealing with the applications and ask some intelligent questions, especially about training and promotion if possible. Always look the company up on the internet to see what they do and find out about them before talking to anyone as well.

Good luck with finding that perfect job.

It's not about what you are on the outside to people, it's about who you are on the inside and putting it out to the outside. It took me three years to loosen up and not be a psychopathic bullying victim and gain confidence with myself and with others. Indeed, I've had a lot of bumps along the way (some of which have taken a toll on me, but that's another story for another thread) but coming out of high school is probably the best feeling I've had for quite a while.

You may end up being with the same people for the 6 years, but at least you have a choice of who you want to be with. It's up to you what you do and to make it happen.

Good luck.

Too many hormonal changes, too much immaturity. I completely agree with you.

LeMans GTR: I'm sorry that you have deal with what you're going through. It's a shit-tastic situation to be in but just hang on. Once you're out and about in college things are better. The people get more mature, the environment changes, chemicals start settling, and there's booze to be had. We're here for you dawg.

One more year, I only fear that Uni will be just like high school only with more expensive tuition fees.