The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Have to have that in high res.

What's that website that lets you put in the URL of the small picture and it finds the high res for you? (I'm getting hung up at the watermarked site)

That's TinEye and it doesn't find anything.

gulfstream_g650.jpg

On another note, I'm completely smitten with the PC-12 and Phenom 300 cockpit:

Pilatus-PC12-NG-25small.jpg

embraer-phenom-300-cockpit.jpg

Last edited:
224th_Flight_Unit_Antonov_An-124_over_Moscow_6_May_2010.jpg

Ever wonder just how much performance is built into a modern jet airliner? Wonder no more:

Granted, that KC-10 is probably empty save for a few tons of fuel, but even still, I was shocked by the climb angle - that says a lot. After a bit of Googling, I find this fun fact...an empty KC-10 has roughly the same thrust-to-weight ratio as a fully loaded F-15E Strike Eagle.

Ever wonder just how much performance is built into a modern jet airliner? Wonder no more:

How about a C17? :D

Short takeoffs are awesome BTW.

Last edited:
It seems Cars 2 will get a new character:

siddeley-cars-2.jpg

Remind you of anything?

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mi/mineworksfine/2011/03/08/pspotdemot.png

It's funny cause its true.

I don't get it. :?

This might provide the explanation. I just cross posted since I thought it may amuse.

I can just imagine how thrilled the mechanics must have been when they were told to open up that bird and rinse it out. Having spent a season crawling through Twin Otter floats doing that exact thing myself, I don't envy those guys one bit.

We have enough trouble keeping our C-130s from corroding just from being around salt water let alone in it.