Firefly

I...uh... don't know what you're talking about... :shifty:

Saw this a few days ago. http://helpnathanbuyfirefly.com/.

I saw the original interview that spawned this campaign and i think that they are taking this way out of proportion. It would be amazing if they brought Firefly back but i really think that if Nathon Fillion had $300mil, he's just spend it being awesome instead of buying the rights to Firefly.

I think Firefly started to reair on TV, yesterday it was on the Science Channel.

I think Firefly started to reair on TV, yesterday it was on the Science Channel.

Saw a press release saying that the Science Channel is airing them, and then doing a segment afterwards profiling how technology featured in the show either does or would work (depending on if its based in reality or purely fictional). Sounds like it could be kind of cool.

As for the "user funded" thing, it initially sounded like something that I would have been willing to throw $10 towards. Unfortunately, its a lot more complicated then just finding money to buy the rights and fund the production. To me, its only worth doing if all the players can play. All the actors need to be there, Joss Whedon and alot of the original writing team, and stuff. The show has been out of production so long that it would probably be a challenge just getting everyone's schedule aligned. Who knows if everyone from the original cast would even want to be in it.

I'm at the point where if a professional studio hasn't managed to take the reigns, then its probably not worth happening. I would be thrilled if it happened, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. I think either a movie or a mini-series might be more likely, but still not holding my breath for that either. Most of me thinks that ship has sailed for good.

Josh

p.s. If Wash aka Steve the Pirate aka Alan Tudyk isn't in the new Firefly creation if/when it comes, I'll be VERY disappointed. I friggin hate writers who feel the need to kill characters for stupid reasons, especially when they are one of my favorite characters. The reason they gave for it (listened to the commentary) was that Zoe needed to be "hard" and be the stable one, and having Wash out of the picture put her back into "soldier mode".

Actually, Wash getting killed was typical Joss Whedon. He is notorious for killing off main characters, especially beloved ones. I think it's one of the things that make his shows stick out: You can't rely on the main cast surviving like you can on Star Trek, the show that even found a way to bring back Tasha Yar.

What's that you say? The natives on this planet are very aggressive and if we beam down we will die? Send all the senior officers!

If you've got a ship with 1,000 crew why would you not send down the 5 most senior officers? It makes perfect sense. Just leave the Doctor to captain the ship as clearly none of the remaining 994 crew members are more capable.

[video=youtube;x-yHSaP0Dyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-yHSaP0Dyg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Reactions: 47
[video=youtube;x-yHSaP0Dyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-yHSaP0Dyg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Damn that's catchy....I would like to pay Mikey Mason a beer.

While watching the behind the scenes featurette, an idea came to me. Joss Whedon should partner with a game studio to make a Firefly game that continues the story where the series left off. Not some cheap FPS cash-in but something like an RPG similar to Mass Effect. Just an idea...
You called?

OK, the game doesn't really continue the story, but at least it's based in the same 'verse...