• The BMW Compact

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • The Honda Civic

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • The Hyundai Coupe

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

kamenfi

Hello there, I hope this is the right board. I'm thinking about byuing a new second hand car.I'm looking at BMW 3 series Compact (E46, 2001-2004), Hyundai Coupe (2001) and Honda Civic European hatchback (2006-present). + Seat Ibiza SC. What I'm looking for - a hatchback with a (semi) automatic. I don't want no manual! Please, help me choose! :)

Last edited:
Mazda MX5/Miata

/thread

Whichever one is RWD and not a bimmer :p
Mazda MX5/Miata

/thread
When it gets power and roof of the other 3 out of the box we'll talk till then it fails. S2000 is better as a roadster anyways :p (Mind you didn't say cheaper or more tuneable)

Last edited:
Also, where are you located and what's your budget?

Heart says BMW, head says Honda.

The Honda's the newest in your list and probably much cheaper to run than the BMW, as much fun as an E46 would be. I would avoid the Hyundai Coupe--that was before Hyundai started really improving, so it'd probably be hard to find one that wasn't worn out already or riced to bits.

I would avoid the Hyundai Coupe--that was before Hyundai started really improving, so it'd probably be hard to find one that wasn't worn out already or riced to bits.

^^this.

the last thing you should ever do, is to buy a used Hyundai. right now, when it comes to Hyundai vehicles, either buy new or go home.

i assume you live in Europe, but i heard that the Honda Civic Type R FN2 has gone with a torsion beam axle. you might as well get Corolla. i would find an EP3 Civic Type R.

the BMW of early this decade (2000) are not bad in my opinion compared to the new ones.

Yes, I'm from Europe. Eastern Europe to be precise. As you may have noticed by my choices, I prefer cars with quirky design. :p Ok, so the Hyundai is dismissed. The BMW or the Toyota is better? I know the Toyota's new but is the newest always better? I like it, but arent its windows too small? And aren't its doors too protuberant? I mean parking it must suck...
What I like about the BMW is that its doors are not as protuberant as the Civic's doors, which is quite important if you're going to park in tight spaces. Recently a friend told me "Buy the BMW, it still looks almost like new. Besides, its better for your image, as the Civic won't help you get the girls." :lol: However, I might go for the Civic, although it will cost more as its new.

The BMW Compact was pretty much designed for girls, at least that is how it was perceived in the UK.

Yep where you are I'd say the Civic - the MX5 if Mazdas are cheap enough, and you have a dealer network. But remember soft top - do you get Chavs slashing them with knives?

Compared to the E36 compact, the E46 compact looks like ass. The Honda is probably indestructible, but I'd rather take the Hyundai. Is it the bug-eyed version or the newer?

Were you forced at gunpoint to pick one of these 3?
Nope, but these 3 are the only cars I like from the newer ones. They're quirky and unlike other cars around. Except them, I'm all for 70s and 80s cars. However, I don't want to waste any money on restoring such an old car...
@public - the bug-eye. I already said that I like strange-looking cars.

Last edited:
The Hyundai Coupe, if it's the same car as the Tiburon over here, really isn't a bad car at all. I test drove some a few years ago and it was a bit to hard for my tastes but that was the only issue.

I also had this kind of a problem about two months ago but my selection of cars was more "reasonable".
I had to choose between Golf V 2007, Honda Civic 2007 and Ford Focus 2008.
I picked the Honda with a diesel engine and I must say that it was a very good choice and I don't regret it.
Honda has only one flaw - stiff suspension; why am I bringing this up? because I aslo live in eastern europe and the roads here are sometimes crappy.
Neither I, nor anyone I know considers it as a girly car. I would say that the hyundai is more like a girly car, but I can be biased :)

Last edited:
The Hyundai Coupe, if it's the same car as the Tiburon over here, really isn't a bad car at all. I test drove some a few years ago and it was a bit to hard for my tastes but that was the only issue.

Oh... Boooo I thought it was the Genesis Coupe, can I change my vote then?

What is keeping me away from the Honda is that people say that Hondas, manufactured in the UK are worse than the Japan-built. Is that true? I already gave up on the Hyundai btw. At the end I'll go with the Civic, although I wanted the BMW since 7th grade. I guess it's too old now and I'm not ready to risk again with a second hand car (I had a Peugeot 106 for a while that was crappy). I guess I'm gonna save cash for a new Civic. Seriously guys, the Civic hatchback is the only current car that I like, all the others look the same to me. We have a Peugeot 308 and it's not that good, does the Civic have a higher build quality than the Pug?

2001 Tiburon
70814b39500a7fdec1d570703c5faf78581d218d.jpg

[/IMG]

Last edited:
I would go for BMW but it should be at least with 16 valve engine(318ti). Honda is ok but a bit dull(excluding Type-R). First series Hyundai Coupe is very bad choice.You chould check the second series coupe.