Post Your Watches

Well, assuming no parts need modifying or ordering and it's got an adjustable stud, I've been able to strip one down, ultrasonically clean it, reassemble, oil, time, and recase in 3 hours. Normally though, with the average issues that need correcting I'm at a point where it's been taking me 5-8 hours with all the little hold ups. I'll get better though.

Any thoughts on the Orient Mako?

I'd go with a Seiko Monster over the Mako for quality, but I can't say I've heard a lot of bad things about the Mako aside from the Orient watches being relatively cheap quality.

I'd go with a Seiko Monster over the Mako for quality, but I can't say I've heard a lot of bad things about the Mako aside from the Orient watches being relatively cheap quality.

Yeah, but I prefer the Mako's styling over the Seiko's. I might get myself a proper watch in the near future, but I'm still looking.

Blancpain Fifth Fathoms. (Flyback version pictured) A famous diver's watch that isn't the Rolex Submariner. I would wear this watch everyday.

blancpain-fifty-fathoms-chronograph-flyback.jpg

Last edited:
High end watches are totally beyond me, in price and in personal function. If a watch is gonna be one of those most expensive things in your life you buy next to your car and your house, then... I'd rather not. o_O Knowing my luck it'd be broken in a week.

I just bought this for me boyfriend's birthday.
17181.JPG

bentley-supersports-light-body-watch.jpg

Holy Christ, Breitling. Just when I thought the Bentley watches couldn't get any more douche-ridden and tacky, you go ahead and design a watch that seems surgically grafted on the newborn wrists of nouveau-riche guidos from Fabric to Platinum Lace.

I prefer leather and metal, never had confidence in rubber. On a side note, one of my friends got an Edifice today, this one as far as I can tell

oscthumb.php

Looks nice, I suppose, a bit too busy for my tastes.

Huh, I didn't know Edifice is a branch off of Casio. I like some of them but most of the faces are too big for my wrists... don't like to go too far past 40 mm diameter. Runs in the family unfortunately.

This is what I wear now, some sort of Invicta chronograph. The band is all beat up from wearing it everyday, but the crystal has no scratches. That's one thing I've found out over the years is that it's pretty damn hard to scratch any sort of half ways decent face. I had a black leather band on it for about a year.

tumblr_lf1w2jxTcw1qc0raqo1_1280.jpg

I'd love to get something classy with some rose gold on it, kind of like the IWC on the last page minus the price tag, for dress occasions.

Mine.

1g1y4p.jpg

Last edited:
How do You wear such a watch? When? Why? And what's inside? A ginnie with ultimate wishes?

You wear it on your wrist any time the mood strikes you because you are obscenely rich. And inside is a tourbillon movement which is pretty much the most expensive type... but tourbillon watches don't necessarily need to cost $1.5 million, the cheapest ones probably cost like $20-30k or something.

Last edited:
I like those. My Dad always has one just like that. When one breaks he has a 2nd one already in store...

Stumbled upon these automotive inspired watches:

Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic speedometer

10_4.jpg

The watch inspired by it

10_1.jpg

Mercedes 300SL speedometer inspired

4_1.jpg

Jaguar XK120 inspired speedometer

5_1.jpg

5_4.jpg

Cool thing is they are only around 200 euros.

Last edited: