The "Things that annoy me" thread

But they gamble on you being too lazy to change providers. Many times, the gamble pays off.

"My car has a V-4." No it sure as hell doesn't, it looks nothing like a Saab Sonnet or a Ford Taunus.

"My car has a V-4." No it sure as hell doesn't, it looks nothing like a Saab Sonnet or a Ford Taunus.

Be glad you weren't around when 16valve 4bangers became the norm in mainstream cars......If I had a nickle for every time I heard some idiot explain how his Corsa was a 'V16', infact some of them still don't get it 15 years later:

He : so what kinda engine does that thing have? *points at my truck*
Me : V8 *bored*
He : V8? It only has 8 valves? hell mine has 16, *points at French ecobox*
Me : go away.

You can argue all you want. It still pisses me off and there's no truly logical explanation (gambling isn't a logical business decision)
Oh, I do agree with you - just pointing out how the contract thing apparently works. For instance, I've been on the same mobile phone contract for five and a half years and only stick with it due to the cashback offer I get every two years if I sign up for another two. If it wasn't for that, I'd have changed long ago.

Be glad you weren't around when 16valve 4bangers became the norm in mainstream cars......If I had a nickle for every time I heard some idiot explain how his Corsa was a 'V16', infact some of them still don't get it 15 years later:

He : so what kinda engine does that thing have? *points at my truck*
Me : V8 *bored*
He : V8? It only has 8 valves? hell mine has 16, *points at French ecobox*
Me : go away.
They are the same people who say that the top speed of their car is what the highest number on the speedo is, or that if a car's model name has numbers in it that is the amount of horsepower it makes. I don't even bother explaining how they are wrong to these people because they most likely have believed it most of their life and won't accept any correction.

They are the same people who say that the top speed of their car is what the highest number on the speedo is, or that if a car's model name has numbers in it that is the amount of horsepower it makes. I don't even bother explaining how they are wrong to these people because they most likely have believed it most of their life and won't accept any correction.

Yeah, I hear you, I tend to not even bother with car conversations in General IRL but you know how it is when you stand out......

1007Hp, France! FUCK OUI! :p

You know, I get lots and lots of comments on my YouTube channel about the videos I made with different cars on the Autobahn, where I put them to the max on a flat surface at sea level. Those comments go like this:

"Hey, 215 km/h isn't the top speed. My father has the same car and it does 235!!!"

or

"I have the same car and it accelerates much faster. You did something wrong!"

It's really annoying and I simply don't react to it anymore. Pointing out, that it matches the numbers the car maker published in the data sheets, doesn't help a bit. At top speed, speedos of new cars are quite accurate these days. At least when you have new tires mounted. When 4 mm are missing from the tread, it's logical that the speedo goes higher. That's because the speedo counts the revs of a wheel and older tires rev more, than new tires.

But that doesn't mean the car goes faster!!!!

I actually met some people once, who put smaller wheels on their cars just so they could say their cars go faster :rofl:

All this reminds me of a guy I knew about 20 years ago and who worked in my shift. He claimed, that his 60 HP Opel Kadett could do 200 km/h on the speedo. Well, yeah, it did. Downhill on a 10 % slope, reving the life out of its poor engine.

Same goes for people, who actually believe, a car with a top speed of 255 km/h goes faster, than a BMW M5, because the BMW is limited to 250 km/h. Firstly BMW's limiter usually doesn't kick in before 260 km/h (they cheat, you know) and secondly the M5 can also hold the speed uphill and accelerate about twice as fast and that's why you'll never get near enough to take any advantage of your additional 5 km/h top speed.

The world is full of idiots.

Last edited:

Sadly I think Renault used that convention when they made my Renault 19 :p

But hey it has 220 in the speedo so I'm as fast as anyone out there.

Bundles of brand new chrisp singles. Pain in the ass to count.

People that annoy me: those who consider others who disagree with their views to be enemies. It can be politics, criminal justice or even something as insignificant as aircraft manufacturers (Airbus vs. Boeing) - some people will always take things to extremes as if their lives depended on being "right".

People that annoy me: those who consider others who disagree with their views to be enemies. It can be politics, criminal justice or even something as insignificant as aircraft manufacturers (Airbus vs. Boeing) - some people will always take things to extremes as if their lives depended on being "right".

You forgot the never ending PC vs Mac... uuuuuuggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh -.-

And those people who can't accept that you appreciate a bit of both worlds like "I think pcs are much more fun cos of the games and I love gaming, but I admit macs have a solid build with a nice OS and are better work computers"
"Uhh huhh but what are you, PC or mac?! you can't be both!!1"

I always favored the notion, that Bill Gates has customers, while Steve Jobs has disciples.