News: Mercedes BLS set for 2014 launch

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
With Audi and BMW moving down market, it's no surprise that Mercedes is following suit with the B-Class sedan dubbed the 'baby CLS.'
While the vehicle has been rumored for months, a new report is indicating the car will be launched in 2014. The specifics are still kind of murky, but the model is expected to feature dramatic styling which draws inspiration from the CLS and F800 concept. Furthermore, the car will ride on the new MFA platform and feature front-wheel drive.
Engine options remain shrouded in mystery, but Auto Express is reporting choices will include a 2.0-liter petrol with 200 hp (149 kW / 203 PS) and a 2.2-liter diesel that develops 170 hp (127 kW / 172 PS). Additionally, the car could be outfitted with Renault engines as a result of their recent alliance with the French automaker.

7435053.jpg

2016483.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/265261/mercs_baby_cls_is_coming.html

:cool:

BLS reminds me of bullshit.

I for one like these huge ass grills Mercedes is going with these days. Not saying I like this car at all, the grill is the only thing I could find to comment on.

I kinda like it ;)

FWD Merc??!?!?

yuck.

I'm taking anything Auto Express says about it with more than a pinch of salt, those guys are first class purveyors of bullshit.

Shame if it is FWD though, its a very pretty little sedan.

What's with everybody stealing names of eachother? What? Did we ran out of letters? :p

This is a Saab with a different nose BLS

Cadillac%20BLS.jpg

It kinda looks like it's pinching off a turd. PUSH! >.<

Love the design but hate the drivetrain choice.

The Mercedes BLS? Are they planning a Turbo version?

You know, the BLS-T?

What's with everybody stealing names of eachother? What? Did we ran out of letters? :p

This is a Saab with a different nose BLS

Cadillac%20BLS.jpg

Indeed, it may not have sold much but BLS is a GM trademark either way. Should be some monies involved if they get to use that name on the finished product.

BLS also sounds to me like it is a Coup? version of this:
mercedes-b-klasse-49d0c6b4dade77.99905205.preview.jpg

And thinking of that while looking at the BLS kinda makes me sick! (FWD Merc saloon/coup?... eeeeew...)