Pacific Northwest Meetup (previously the west coast meetup thread)

A road trip is the best way to inaugurate a newly acquired license :p

:lol: Unknown situations still make me really nervous. I don't deal with spur of the moment decision making so well yet, but that's mostly due to not being super comfortable driving. I'll need time before I get there.

I drove all over the place when I first got my license. But then I didn't live in Portland. :p

Anyway, I'm down for a Portland one but couldn't make it to one anywhere else for a little while. License will be incoming soon, but I don't think I'll be ready for a huge roadtrip for a little while. ;)

freeway driving is easy.. constant speed in a mostly straight line with most other cars doing the same thing. It's the city driving that'll get you :D

So is this still in the works or is there a definite plan? because with spring come up theres always the coffee and cars meet up every sat at Bridgeport Villge in Lake Oswego we could meet up and look at some nice exotics or even when the OSU formula SAE team meets up in Wilsonville for testing we could meet up there check out our 2011 car. just a thought Im down to meet basically anywhere off the I5 corridor.

Lets make this happen :thumbup:

Last edited:
Well, I'm going to the Portland swapmeet, and I'll be in Oregon from the 1st to the 4th. So if anyone from that area makes it out to the swapmeet keep and eye out for me.

I'll probably be with a tall blond guy and two girls.

Oh, Dave and I might drive up. If it's in Portland, we'll be staying near the airport. First few weekends of April look good as does the last weekend. :)

Ok, so many people are saying they are coming now. I better get wrenching.

Are the people from BC planning on sleeping overnight? I personally don't see the point of 10+ hours of driving if not.

I just renewed my driver's license and apparently I can rent a car with no problems with it (I mention it because I have the yellow "Interim" license until I renew my work permit).

Now we need to really get cracking with the organization if we want to do that around April, which would be great for me as I have to cross the border anyway for my work permit.

I should be able to get some days off for the weekend of the 19th/20th or 26th/27th.

This needs to happen on a Saturday for me to come down. I can't drive down on a Sunday any more :(

My car is in the shop (Everette Street) downtown, but I'll have it back Tuesday-ish!
If anyone is in P-town and wants to meet for lunch this week, hit me up!

(ladies preferred). ^_~

Technically I work any Saturday/Sunday, but I should be able to ask for any week end, as long as it is planned long enough (at least a couple of days before I guess :-D).

heh.. let me be more clear then. This would have to be on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday for me to come down. But I assumed this would happen on a weekend anyway..

I will be coordinating the meetup in Portland, guys.
Leave it to me!

ITINERARY:

1. Meet at Portland City Grill for happy hour
2. Visit the Waterfront for some romantic time <3
3. If we hit it off swimmingly, we can catch a movie at the Broadway Theater.
4. ????

No license (yet -- a few more weeks probably), but if it's here in town I could catch the bus and/or light rail anywhere. I could also get a ride if it's out a ways.