Automatic supermini

dfs

Car(s)
Fiat Brava
Hello there.

I was just wondering if anybody could give me some advice. I?m considering buying a new car and am trying to get as many opinions as possible.
I?d like to know in your opinion, which are the best automatic sumperminis? I?m going to check out the Corsa tomorrow.
I currently drive a fiat Brava, but it?s just too big for my needs.
Any comments would be appreciated & apologies if I?ve posted in the wrong section!

Hello there.

I was just wondering if anybody could give me some advice. I?m considering buying a new car and am trying to get as many opinions as possible.
I?d like to know in your opinion, which are the best automatic sumperminis? I?m going to check out the Corsa tomorrow.
I currently drive a fiat Brava, but it?s just too big for my needs.
Any comments would be appreciated & apologies if I?ve posted in the wrong section!

Did you shrink?

A Brava is quite large. I echo Hbriz comment, try out the dual-clutch automatics, altough they can feel like a significant expense in the price range of such a car, they are far better than the robotized clutches that is usually meant by automatic in this class. There are conventional torque-converter automatics in small cars, mostly asian, but they are not preferable as they waste far too much power and increase consumtion and emissions.

Last edited:
Nowadays, almost all superminis measures 4 meters length, the same as a FIAT Brava. Can't quite understand how the Brava is too big for your needs but a current supermini isn't.

Nowadays, almost all superminis measures 4 meters length, the same as a FIAT Brava. Can't quite understand how the Brava is too big for your needs but a current supermini isn't.

A Bravo is 4336mm, a Fabia is only 4000mm - should be small enough :nod:

My definition of supermini is Hyundai i10, Chevrolet Matiz, Opel Agila, VW Fox etc. A Fiesta, Corsa or Fabia is 4 meters of car, thats not very mini.

I wonder where the op went.

I've been driving quite a lot of Corsa's with the so called 'Easytronic' semi-automatic transmission.

Horrible thing.