Audi RS6 breaks the world speed record...

^325mph?

why would it be slower on ice than on pavement? due to the lower temps it should be faster on ice...

You as an Audi driver should know that that is a standard feature on all Audi's sold to people who think in powerpoints and wear sunglasses when it's cloudy :p

LOL I actually do wear sunglasses quite a bit, sometimes its cloudy but the light still bothers my eyes :p
Jeeesus, how fast can it go on dry pavement?
Roughly same speed, it would accelerate faster and be more stable on dry pavement but that's about it.

Just pulling the highest card is hardly going to be exciting, next we need someone else to try, maybe Porsche or Lambo, and then Bentley can trump them all by pulling out the Veyron.

Any one of those "companies" can pull out a Veyron if they ask their boss in Wolfsburg nicely.

Impressive. Now the only thing left to do is a Bentley/Audi drag race on ice.

Roughly same speed, it would accelerate faster and be more stable on dry pavement but that's about it.

BTW, shouldn't these cars be actually faster in the cold given the turbos are more effective?

BTW, shouldn't these cars be actually faster in the cold given the turbos are more effective?
From personal experience you would get a little boost but I don't think it would be worth more than something like 2-3mph.

It might have more power from the denser air, but that power increase should be linear to the density increase.
The denser air would also increase aerodynamic drag, that grows faster than linearly so overall you would have a slower top speed.

For some figures, at -5?C the air is 11% denser than at 25?C.

I've done over half that speed on a frozen lake and without a windshield it's pretty intense, in a car with the perfect groomed road? not such a big deal.

I haven't watched the video but it's pretty easy to tell Nokian tires wanted this done to show off their product.

Hell, I should just be happy people are still going fast in cars, lol

Great! Now you can end up upside down even faster!! :burnrubber:

We got halfway through the second page of this thread without an obvious Audi Icebone joke. Finalgear, I am disappoint.

You as an Audi driver should know that that is a standard feature on all Audi's sold to people who think in powerpoints and wear sunglasses when it's cloudy :p

You forgot the bluetooth earpiece, the striped shirt and the squash bag in the boot. They're a common sight here, and all of them are called Gavin. :D

Great! Now you can end up upside down even faster!! :burnrubber:

We got halfway through the second page of this thread without an obvious Audi Icebone joke. Finalgear, I am disappoint.

I'm trying to cut down. :p

Nice, but was it driven by the great Juha Kankkunen? No. So not that awesome.

That's the head of VWAG.

Oh is it really? Thanks I had no idea.

Every other CEO/chairman mentioned above directly or indirectly is influenced by Piech.

Then again you're the German here so whatever, I could care less if I'm right or wrong about a bunch of old millionaires.

For the people suggesting Bugatti trying to use the Veyron as the trump card, it can't. Tires of this sort don't exist for it, and I highly doubt they'd contract a company out to make a single set of tires.

For the people suggesting Bugatti trying to use the Veyron as the trump card, it can't. Tires of this sort don't exist for it, and I highly doubt they'd contract a company out to make a single set of tires.

I think ya'll missing the point. The purpose of this was not to show off the Audi or show up Bentley it was specifically to show off the tires and their performance. They just chose something stupid fast to do it with.