Branded Crap

Those Nokias that Aston put their name on were actually pretty basic and renowned for poor battery life.
Pretty though :)
Don't forget to mention this Porsche phones which cost a small fortune and do nothing - what is with these luxury phones that do nothing anyway, I'm looking at you Vertu and Meredist. At least the Ulysse Nardin phone actually lived up to its name.

http://img848.imageshack.**/img848/1230/porschedesignp95212.jpg

If they did however do a touchscreen phone with specs worthy of the price tag and looks to kill, I'd gladly hand my money over. (If I had any that is)
I don't really understand them either. Back when everyone was using dumbphones I could see the Vertu and the like having status but I don't see a point in the world of iPhones/Androids.

Last edited:
They still have a market, trust me. For instance, the same person who would have a Porsche thumb drive. :rolleyes:

Even when smartphones weren't commonplace Vertu phones were horribly under-specced. When high end phones already had multi-megapixel cameras and large-ish colour screens and Bluetooth the Vertu had none of those. The people who bought these things never really cared about features at all anyway.

I can't really count that one, though. The others are trinkets and trash the carmaker sells to make a little extra money on the side and keep their name out there as a form of advertising. The Cygnet is a quick way for an independent carmaker that only makes gas guzzlers and highly taxed emitters meet Euro fleet emissions/fuel economy regs without having to go out of business or be bought by someone else.

And if I had a DBS Volante in the garage, I'd love to have one of those for errands running in the city.

Surely AM could have saved themselves a lot of hassle if they just gave away a free mountain bike with every car sold?

:p

And if I had a DBS Volante in the garage, I'd love to have one of those for errands running in the city.
F that, if I had a DBS Volante I would be driving that thing EVERYWHERE.
The Cygnet is a quick way for an independent carmaker that only makes gas guzzlers and highly taxed emitters meet Euro fleet emissions/fuel economy regs without having to go out of business or be bought by someone else.
Should have made an electric car instead. Electric/hybrid Vantage would achieve the same goal.

Last edited:
The way I see it AM just hooked up with the wrong Japanese car maker.

Now, an MX5 re-nosed...........

o_36-46.jpg

Ferrari Shoes

I actually own a pair of Ferrari Pumas.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/03/14/photo.JPG

I bought them 2 years ago and still have never worn them (1. I'm very careful with my sneakers / 2. I have no idea what to wear maroon sneakers with without looking like a prat). I only got them because there was a buy-one-get-one-free sale at my local Puma outlet, so why not. (You may say that I should've got shoes I can actually wear, but those were the only other ones in my size in stock at the time).

I actually own a pair of Ferrari Pumas.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/03/14/photo.JPG

I bought them 2 years ago and still have never worn them (1. I'm very careful with my sneakers / 2. I have no idea what to wear maroon sneakers with without looking like a prat). I only got them because there was a buy-one-get-one-free sale at my local Puma outlet, so why not. (You may say that I should've got shoes I can actually wear, but those were the only other ones in my size in stock at the time).
They look comfortable for driving so just wear them when you go out for drives :p Also as a Russian you should know that maroon Puma sneakers go perfectly with a blue Adidas track suit :p

They look comfortable for driving so just wear them when you go out for drives :p Also as a Russian you should know that maroon Puma sneakers go perfectly with a blue Adidas track suit :p

I have 2 other similar pairs of Pumas, and I love wearing them while driving.

Also, I don't own any track suits. (I'm a terrible Russian, I know).

How about this.
acer_ferrari_4000_7b.jpg

acerf22-2.jpg

Acer-Ferrari-PDA.jpg

I once saw a pair of Puma Ferrari's, they had a tyre tread-esque sole... I almost bought them. :(

You need to come down to Brighton ASAP and get one :p (I also don't own a tracksuit)

Oh wow, I didn't notice that you live in Brooklyn. I used to live on Ave N. (between 18th and 19th). I still have family that live minutes from Brighton Beach.

The way I see it AM just hooked up with the wrong Japanese car maker.

Now, an MX5 re-nosed...........

Exactly. We know that small block V8's easily fit under the nose of the car and one NA is running around with a Jag V-12. Aston could of easily bought some MX-5 PFF's and bodies, bought some Ford Ecoboost V-6's thrown in some leather interior and charge 60 or 70K for it and call it a day, the approach they took is even lazier and more idiotic.

What are pouch cars? And how dare you post a photo of an NSX in a thread that concerns itself with crap? :hammer: :p

I'm taking about the actual fancy branding the Japanese car makers use so that we have to pay more on what essentially a Nissan or a Honda.