Spied: Chrysler 300C Facelift

In the UK and select European markets, Chrysler will continue to exist. It'll be Lancia everywhere else. :)

Killing Chrysler Europe and Making the 300 a Lancia is means you can have half the Dealerships and save lots of money.

Also we all know the majority of the car-buying public doesn't know anything about the cars they buy, so it might take them some time to even realize that their shiny new Lancia is a 300. I highly doubt any reasonably-intelligent salesman would mention it's an American car to a potential buyer.

Oh people research their new purchases quite thoroughly, because a car is not something you can just buy and trash, it's a huge investment. Cars are expensive. The current 300C with a 2.7 engine and a 4-speed auto (yes, it's very 90's!) starts at 314000 here, or some 50 thousand of your green money. The top spec is double that. And thats why people don't buy Chryslers except for their minivans, there's too much of a gamble buying such an expensive car with such poor image. You'll never get your money back on a 300C. Businesses can afford the risk due to various deductions, but they have an inclination to buy black BMW's. At least people have heard of Chrysler, they think of big cars and questionable quality. Lancia is a blank sheet for most. Good in many ways, gives the ability for a fresh start (just look at Skoda!) but they'll have to convince people they offer something new and appetizing or people will just play it safe and go to an established player.

Chrysler doesnt have any dealerships of their own around here, they're crammed into the "all vehicles" dealerships. The one closest to me also sells Mercedes, which isnt very good for Chrysler sales.

Mercedes or Chrysler... Cake or Death...

Last edited:
your green money.

Actually my money is more quite flamboyant lol.

I hear what you're saying, but at the same time what you said kinda backs up using the Lancia name. People view Chryslers very poorly over there, so ditching the Chrysler name makes sense. Maybe for the current generation of Lancia/Chryslers people will know exactly what they're really getting underneath, but a generation or two down the line it will become less clear. Good decision by corporate IMO.

The main problem with the 300C in Europe is not the badge nor the image, but the pricing. The entry-level model in Germany is twice as much as the entry-level model is in the US. It's priced not to compete against VW, Opel or Ford, but against BMW and Merc, which is a battle it won't win, no matter with which badge.

Opel Insignia base model: 25000 Euro
VW Passat base model:26000 Euro
Ford Mondeo base model: 23000 Euro

Chrysler 300C: 43000 Euros

I know the 300C is massively larger than the above, but if you're in the market for an estate, these are the three logical options a European considers. If you can get the ChrysLancia 300Cema for the same or only a little more money, the extra size might compensate for lack of image and, more important, lack of any resale value whatsoever. But asking more than 30000 Euros for this car is commercial suicide, no matter with which badge. The only people (and that will be a problem for the rebadging) who'd chose a 300C over a E-Class (43000 Euro) or a 5-Series (again, 43000 Euro) are the one who want an American car cause they like American cars. Maybe they'll bury "Chrysler badging" somewhere in the options list...

Last edited:
The 300C is expensive here too. Hence it's only bought by nightclub owners and footballers.

Over here, it's drug dealers and pimps (traditionally the demographic that constitutes 90% of the non-classic U.S. car buyers over here) :p

As the euhrmm......sorta person Chysler was aiming for in Europe I have been thinking about this, and for the life of me I can't figure out if I want one (If I had the money)

Pros (in comparison to the old 300c):
-It looks brilliant inside and out, exactly like a proper sedan should look
-With lancia will no doubt be coming more runningcostfriendly Alfa dieselengines, the main reason I do not own a current gen 300C (they are dirtcheap 'slightly' used) is that the runningcosts with the US spec engines are insane (I'm cheap on that sorta thing)

Cons :
-the first time some "non car person" goes "did you buy an Italian car? lol they are for gay hairdressers and catch fire all the time" I'm gonna shoot him.

This brings me to the point some of you have already made, here there is just so much diference between the "American" car culture (and associated stereotypes)and the Italian one (with its own set of stereotypes)......Most yankdrivers don't want to be caught dead in an Italian car "hurr durr gay hurp durr catches fire hurp durp" and I can imagine likewise Italian car enthousiats aren't gonna want a Yank in drag......because it doesn't smell like roses or something, I dunno, you should ask them :p

So who will they sell it to? Certainly not to non car people because they will simply buy something they know......

Last edited:
As the euhrmm......sorta person Chysler was aiming for in Europe I have been thinking about this, and for the life of me I can't figure out if I want one (If I had the money)

Pros (in comparison to the old 300c):
-It looks brilliant inside and out, exactly like a proper sedan should look
-With lancia will no doubt be coming more runningcostfriendly Alfa dieselengines, the main reason I do not own a current gen 300C (they are dirtcheap 'slightly' used) is that the runningcosts with the US spec engines are insane (I'm cheap on that sorta thing)

Cons :
-the first time some "non car person" goes "did you buy an Italian car? lol they are for gay hairdressers and catch fire all the time" I'm gonna shoot him.

This brings me to the point some of you have already made, here there is just so much diference between the "American" car culture (and associated stereotypes)and the Italian one (with its own set of stereotypes)......Most yankdrivers don't want to be caught dead in an Italian car "hurr durr gay hurp durr catches fire hurp durp" and I can imagine likewise Italian car enthousiats aren't gonna want a Yank in drag......because it doesn't smell like roses or something, I dunno, you should ask them :p

So who will they sell it to? Certainly not to non car people because they will simply buy something they know......

Buy the Lancia 300, obtain chrysler badging and grille. Job done.

This is what a proper 300C looks like;

57pose.JPG

Exactly this. Screw the new one. If i'm going to have a car with piss poor brakes and handling that will make a dump truck look nimble at least I can have one that looks fucking awesome. The new ones fail at that.

Over here, it's drug dealers and pimps (traditionally the demographic that constitutes 90% of the non-classic U.S. car buyers over here) :p

Oh yeah, them too. Although the majority of drug dealers and pimps successful enough to afford a 300C also own nightclubs :p