Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Well, I can get a bone-stock black one for under $7000.

For example:
V70R Maroon for $3900
V70R Silver for $4000

Oh dear god, at those prices, I want one too.

Looking at this for my next car: http://www.kelolandautomall.com/show.aspx?vid=1723752&limit_body=

Any thoughts on it? Clearly I'm going to be offering them less and see where it goes, and the only thing I don't like about it is the automatic. Other than that, it has everything I want.

Why get a Focus for $7000 when you can get something as awesome as an V70R for just over half that?

random thought: can you use ATF as servo fluid?

Looking at this for my next car: http://www.kelolandautomall.com/show.aspx?vid=1723752&limit_body=

Any thoughts on it? Clearly I'm going to be offering them less and see where it goes, and the only thing I don't like about it is the automatic. Other than that, it has everything I want.

Get either a Civic or Corolla (or a Mazda 3/Protege of you want to sacrifice some reliability for some more sportiness). That Focus (and any other domestic compact from that period) is just garbage.

Last edited:
I was looking to pick up one of these at the store the other day:

07250.jpg

but according to the salesperson since my head and tail-lights aren't too bad, I can use this stuff instead since its a hell of a lot cheaper:

06208.jpg

True or false? Any adverse effects I should be aware of?

Last edited:
One at fault accident that involved an Outback's plastic trim panel falling off (and they decided to replace both doors, wtf??) added $525 to my insurance premium. And this is 3 years later, mind you - it was even higher when it first happened I think. FML

I've neglected F1 2010 (game) but the incoming start of the season made me wanna complete my current season before the real thing starts.

I can't learn the Singapore grand prix. It's an uninspired track designed by someone who thought a succession of 90 degree corners left and right would be a great idea.
I know its a street circuit and has to "adapt to the surroundings" but every corner looks the same and there are so many of them. I can't drive at 250 kph and looking at the mini map. I had never raced in Monza and I learned the track in a day and came 3rd on that race... but this is gonna take me forever. My back already hurts from keeping my arms up to the wheel

[/rant]

Here's a picture I came across and I was wondering, how does McLaren go from building what is considered to be one of the greatest cars in the world..... to the SLR in the background? I guess a partnership with Mercedes will do that to you. I am very happy they decreased Mercedes ownership and are now building the car they should have built all along, the MP4-12C.

4344371310_1afafe586f_b.jpg

Here's a picture I came across and I was wondering, how does McLaren go from building what is considered to be one of the greatest cars in the world..... to the SLR in the background? I guess a partnership with Mercedes will do that to you. I am very happy they decreased Mercedes ownership and are now building the car they should have built all along, the MP4-12C.

4344371310_1afafe586f_b.jpg

:(What's so bad about the SLR?

/supercar n00b

EDIT:
aston-martin-virage-fd.jpg

I'm gonna need a new pair of underwear..... What a breathtakingly beautiful car...and yes...orange..digging it! :wub:

Last edited:
:(What's so bad about the SLR?

/supercar n00b

Mclaren F1 : superlight, superfast focused sports car, considered by many to be the best car in the world, ever (despite the Veyron being a tad faster)
SLR : very heavy automatic GT type car that that just happens to have a lot of power

TBH I don't consider the SLR a Mclaren at all, more a Mercedes

am i seeing two pairs of earmuffs in there? and if so, why? :?
I think you actually need those in order not to go deaf in the LM. As in, I think I read somewhere that that's actually what the factory puts them in there for :lol: