Stupid Driver Stories

IOUX FALLS, SD - An 18-year-old man is in the hospital after an early-morning crash on Cliff Avenue in Sioux Falls.

Police say two cars were street racing at speeds higher than 60 miles per hour north on Cliff Avenue just after midnight. That's when the driver of a Chevy Cavalier lost control and hit a power pole near Avera McKennan hospital.

The man was pinned inside his car, but rescue crews did get him out and took him to Avera-McKennan. Police say his injuries are life-threatening.

Police are not releasing the name of the victim.

The driver of the other car was not hurt, but was ticketed for racing. Police say alcohol was not involved in the crash.
Wow excess of 60mph.... Holly crap that is INSANE!!!! Fucking idiots, lost control at around 70 and couldn't bring it back what a poofta...

...I seriously have got to get another car...

As for losing control, the Cavalier drives like a dead cow on roller skates. It understeers like a derailed freight train, rolls like a boat in a category 5 hurricane, and is about as comfortable as getting hit by a bulldozer. 70MPH can be a hair-raising experience at times...

It's a genuine piece of junk and it's one of the biggest reasons, among others, why I despise GM.

He/she's not the sharpest tool in the shed if he/she thought racing a stock Cavalier was a good idea...

My current car (1990 Grand Am) isn't much better, except it will run forever thanks to the iron lump under the hood. Hopefully I can secure that V70 I'm looking at so I can have something good.

...I seriously have got to get another car...

As for losing control, the Cavalier drives like a dead cow on roller skates. It understeers like a derailed freight train, rolls like a boat in a category 5 hurricane, and is about as comfortable as getting hit by a bulldozer. 70MPH can be a hair-raising experience at times...

It's a genuine piece of junk and it's one of the biggest reasons, among others, why I despise GM.

He/she's not the sharpest tool in the shed if he/she thought racing a stock Cavalier was a good idea...
Sounds alot like the 98 Century I used to drive. It was a 3.1L V6 that BARELY managed to get to 97mph on a cold morning when I was flooring it for a couple of miles. (This was on a race track in Canada ofc). Steering matched the accell. Still can't believe that my A4 (with same amount of power stock and a smaller engine) that weighs slightly more is a faster car. I mean how do you even MANAGE that?

Douchebag person in the new gray Lexus RX350 with the Connecticut plates you are a complete asshole/ bitch (didn't see what gender the driver was). First you were like a cm away from that BMW 3 series in front of you in a nice neighborhood (speed limit 25 mph, kids walking around, school 10 feet away). Then you continue to tailgate this BMW on a road where there were children crossing the road, and try to weave around the BMW in front (the guy or lady didn't see the children even tho his/her car was taller than the 3 series in front). I honestly thought you were gonna go on the shoulder (2 lane road, a narrow shoulder), and wipe out those two kids crossing the road.

And Person in the Explorer in the Pathmark parking lot, I and I think everyone else would appreciate you using your blinker before you go into a spot. And you shouldn't like speed into the parking spot at all when I was pretty dam close to that spot you wanted (you could wait like 2 seconds and let me pass before you try to run me and my car over)

Dear semitrailer driver,
Please don't overtake another semitrailer on a dual carriageway. No one gets happy about two trucks jamming both two lanes, one going 80km/h and the other going 81. Just wait the extra couple of miles until the road becomes three-lanes (it does, eventually) and then everyone would have a better day.
Oh, and for pete's sake, make sure your trailer is properly covered, because the red Polo behind you is now covered with sand. >: (

Hey you!
Yeah you, the chrome-dome in the silver Civic!

For crying out loud, this isn't Pacman! Get off the phone and stop hogging both lanes!

- The rush-hour traffic you were holding up.

According to the spec sheet in VW's UK site, the 1.2 Polo can get 118mph, or 190km/h. D:
(as if I'm gonna get anywhere near that figure)

My car is supposed to go 115, it goes 104 if you have a very very very long stretch of road and takes forever to get there. Not that I would want to go faster than that as it doesn't like going that fast very much.

In the last two days of driving around the university, I've come across the following:

Two cars parked in the middle of a one-way street.

A pickup driving the wrong way down a one-way going at least 15 over the limit to a blind corner.

Four people that took more than 5 seconds to notice the light changed from red to green.

And one entitled idiot that dove out of a parking lot without looking for traffic first.

Well ok something with a bigger motor :p I'm fairly certain most 21st century cars with around 150hp should reach that speed assuming the gearing allows for it (not necessarily easily)
Unfortunately not all. Being too big slows down a car... the Focus Mk. II with the 2.slow engine is rated at 107 kW (145 hp) and has a quoted top speed of only 206 kph. Personal best is 217 (GPS-measured), downhill of course. Gearing would allow a little more, but the engine just isn't powerful enough.
It's sad considering I reached 202 kph in my old 66 kW (90 hp) Passat (which is quoted with a 174 kph top speed)...

I've managed 178km/h in a Fiat Multipla.. holy crap that was scary!

Top speed is a weird thing, doesn't always make sense. Our current Suzuki Swift for instance.. Is quoted at 175km/h, which is pretty much right on the money. Which would make the Multipla the faster car..

I've managed 178km/h in a Fiat Multipla.. holy crap that was scary!

Top speed is a weird thing, doesn't always make sense. Our current Suzuki Swift for instance.. Is quoted at 175km/h, which is pretty much right on the money. Which would make the Multipla the faster car..

175 in a Swift 1.3? that's impressive! though... Denmark is flat :p
here the 1.3 is useless, cause of hills.

You're all wusses!!! I did 180+ km/h (downhill with payload) in a Dacia Logan 1.4. :mrgreen:

Anyway, stupid drivers...

I have to go through a residental area with cars parked everywhere every morning. I usually make way for oncoming traffic if I can. Today, I made way for a total of five cars. But would you expect a single one of them assholes to thank me for it? You guys have the obstacles, you are the ones that should stop for me. I stop because I am nice, and you fuckers don't even raise a hand to thank me for it? <_<

Last edited:
I seriously hate out-of-towners. Idiot with Victorian no plates yesterday obviously needs help navigating, because he nearly ran me off the road TWICE by trying to merge at the very last second. Too bad he couldn't see the look I gave him- he would have hit me had I been driving a car. I will admit I was somewhat in his blind spot, but that was unavoidable due to traffic and a head check would have revealed me immediately.

As for stupid breakdowns, somebody killed their car somehow out the front of my house early this morning and left the damn thing parked (no hazards or anything, and his battery/electrics definitely werent the problem here!!!) right in the middle of my street, basically at the give way point of a t-intersection. You are just asking to have your car totalled doing that (people fly around that corner using both sides of the road all the time)