Dead Space 2

just completed the first game (that ending, that scared the crap outta me and made me scream like a little girl). watching the Dead Space: Aftermath film tomorrow and then on with Dead Space 2.

i just got into the government sector.

seriously the most fucked up creepy truly scary game I have ever played.
I love it.

just completed the first game (that ending, that scared the crap outta me and made me scream like a little girl). watching the Dead Space: Aftermath film tomorrow and then on with Dead Space 2.

I just finished the first game and remembered you said something about a movie, so I searched for "Aftermath", found it and on the way found there's another one called "Downfall"....Are these connected to the plot of the game? Do I need to watch them before I started the 2nd game or are they completely separate?

I just finished the first game and remembered you said something about a movie, so I searched for "Aftermath", found it and on the way found there's another one called "Downfall"....Are these connected to the plot of the game? Do I need to watch them before I started the 2nd game or are they completely separate?

First movie mostly recounts the final hours of the USG Ishimura and most of the events in the first film are covered in the ship logs found during the first game.
Second movie mostly deals with the time period in-between the first and second games and introduces a character that appears in the second game and covers his back-story.
they aren't really essential viewing and the games can be pretty much played on their own. if you did like the background story running in the games you will probably enjoy the extra layers added in the films. they're mostly a bit of fun and expanding the games universe a bit.

First movie mostly recounts the final hours of the USG Ishimura and most of the events in the first film are covered in the ship logs found during the first game.
Second movie mostly deals with the time period in-between the first and second games and introduces a character that appears in the second game and covers his back-story.
they aren't really essential viewing and the games can be pretty much played on their own. if you did like the background story running in the games you will probably enjoy the extra layers added in the films. they're mostly a bit of fun and expanding the games universe a bit.

There's also a short comic book (or graphic short story, whatever) covering the intervening years between the game from a different perspective (plot summary not possible without giving away a surprise in Dead Space 2)