Earthquake/Tsunami Thread - FG Members Check In.

So what do you lot reckon 'bout this? Is he right in saying it's reached the US or is what he's saying a load of balls? I haven't been watching the news ave been asleep. XD

Considering that we haven't heard this from anywhere else, he says just numbers without units, and his other videos, I'd say load of balls.

Considering that we haven't heard this from anywhere else, he says just numbers without units, and his other videos, I'd say load of balls.

Yeah I figured as much. I think it's gonna get to a point where the US public are gonna start a mad-panic about things that other people have posted on youtube an what-'ave ya. I think people have started panic buying Potassium Iodide tablets, just had a look on eBay an it's fuckin' ridiculous. ?_?

Yeah I figured as much. I think it's gonna get to a point where the US public are gonna start a mad-panic about things that other people have posted on youtube an what-'ave ya. I think people have started panic buying Potassium Iodide tablets, just had a look on eBay an it's fuckin' ridiculous. ?_?
He was also saying something about dealing with "The Illuminati" from about 1:20, which, to be fair, didn't help him prove much... That's when I stopped watching...

In China people are buying lots of iodized salt.

He mentioned microrads at the end, but the difference was about 10% (22x > 24x)and he said it went down immediately. Look at any of the readings from Japan and you'll see much wider fluctuations at times of normal radiation. I'm going to steal this guys image for a minute to illustrate...

2010120rad.gif

He was also saying something about dealing with "The Illuminati" from about 1:20, which, to be fair, didn't help him prove much... That's when I stopped watching...

Yeah I kinda cracked up a bit when he was waffling on 'about that. So I got back on the news channels an had a listen to what they're saying, which is nothing really, so what does this bloke have to gain from this eh? I wonder if this bloke has a stockpile of Potassium Iodide an' is flogging it on eBay...

So what do you lot reckon 'bout this? Is he right in saying it's reached the US or is what he's saying a load of balls? I haven't been watching the news ave been asleep. XD

What he says does not match with the images he shows. He is saying stuff like 200ish, while the map shows single/double digits.
If you visit the pages he was looking at yourself - http://www.blackcatsystems.com/RadMap/map.html and http://radiationnetwork.com/ - you will see single and double digits.
The first page is in ?R/h, for unit conversion 10?R/h = 0.1?Sv/h. Those values around 5/10/20 are normal background radiation levels. For reference, the power plant gate (not directly next to the reactor buildings) in Japan has measured up to 100000 times higher.
The second page is in CPM, count per minute. Conversion to real units depends on the specific geiger counter used, however they say 60cpm is normal background radiation - none of the stations is reporting a value greater than 60 right now.

For even more reference, this is a map of about 1800 German monitoring stations: http://odlinfo.bfs.de/ Each little plus sign is a clickable station... yeah, Germans love their data.
Values around 0.2?Sv/h ("20" on the first US map) are fairly normal, and it's certain that nothing from Japan has made it here.

So yeah... I call BS.

Last edited:
What he says does not match with the images he shows.

*bunch of numbers I can't really get me 'ead round but I get the general jist of it.* (Sorry I know what you're on about sorta it'sjust me an numbers aren't friends. XD )

So yeah... I call BS.

Yeah I dunno, I reckon this bloke is trying to mek it out to be more than what it is or summat. A few of me US friends posted this on facebook, so I gi' it a listen an wasn't entirely convinced.

More to the point, there's media operations all over the US sitting out in open areas with radiation detectors hoping they will get something so they can scream about it on the news. So far, nothing.

Especially in LA - apparently all the major networks have reporters on beaches 'waiting for the radiation to come in.' :rolleyes:

Last edited:
More to the point, there's media operations all over the US sitting out in open areas with radiation detectors hoping they will get something so they can scream about it on the news. So far, nothing.

Sometimes an overhyping media is a good thing. Lack of hype = really no problem existing at all.

Pretty much. Apparently there was a false alarm this morning in Pennsylvania when an idiot reporter team set up in a field where a house used to be and their detector started reading elevated counts.

Turns out the reason the house was razed was because radon gas was seeping up through the earth. Oooops.

Especially in LA - apparently all the major networks have reporters on beaches 'waiting for the radiation to come in.' :rolleyes:

Are they waiting a giant glowing green cloud or something? :blink:

So it's a "OMG! THE NUMBERS WENT UP!!" kinda situation wi' them huh?

Numbers go up and down all the time. That's the thing about geiger counters measuring randomly occuring events. If the time span is short and the count is low there have to be massive fluctuations.
That's like sitting next to a street counting cars, and calling the radio stations reporting an upcoming traffic jam just because a load of cars from a green light caused a sudden up-spike in your cars per second counter.

The only way to get reliable numbers is to look at the figures for a longer period of time. For example, if you look at Kiel lighthouse's figures for the past month it's basically flatlining because the normal short-time spikes both up and down are averaged out.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2011/03/17/010020001.gif

h-p: Blue.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean if there isn't a dramatic lingering increase then I guess it's normal when the number just goes up an' down a bit eh? I had a look at a link that was posted along wi' that youtube vid I posted an' some bloke actually has his cam streaming a counter on bloody USTREAM. Seriously. ?_?

Or, it could be several very clever reporters looking for a way to chill at the beach at work.

Or not, today's not the best day to be at the beach, it's cloudy.