Random Thoughts... [Photographic Edition]

Maybe this can help you a bit with HDR. While it's not a proper tutorial, it sheds some light on the matter.

Also, you can check how big your camera's dinamic range is (in EV stops) here.

LE: I also found out something interesting by checking out DxOMark and that is, that dynamic range drops with ISO increase. That's interesting, never knew that.

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
Thank you for the links, and +rep!

Cokin filters: worth the money, even if just for craps and chuckles to try them out?

Last edited:
I'll edit this post later with the wallpaper versions of my photo as requested, I don't want to clog up the Lens Flair thread. :)

Yes I'd say Cokin are worth it to try them out, that's the way I was going before I bought the D7000.

Edit:

:)

Last edited:
I've been asked to act as my squadron's unofficial photographer to get photos of people at work and at various off-job functions. Today all I did was walk around with the camera and take photos while everyone else worked. :p Until now I've concentrated on photos of objects or landscapes so photographing people is a new skill I'm excited to learn.

I'm going to my DofE award in photography; and I can do whatever I like so long as I show that I have improved by the end of it. Any ideas on how to go about this? Should I start a project? Try to do something commercial? Should I just try to take it seriously and actually take some proper photos (something which I haven't done for ages)?

Sigh... what's a nature shooter to do during the Winter-to-Spring transition that makes everything butt-ugly?

Sigh... what's a nature shooter to do during the Winter-to-Spring transition that makes everything butt-ugly?

Shoot black and white :).

Black and white doesn't make wet snow look any less shapeless and ugly.

-1 :p

That's true but you don't always get to photograph beautiful things...you just need to find something interesting and yes, I agree, that is really hard to find in those conditions.

So my dad is in search of a new camera. Should I ask for advice here or make a new thread?

If it is here, at a max $500 Canadian and would like it to do video as well.

And what form factor? That's some necessary information, that.

Like a spy camera, super compact, compact, bridge camera, or chunky monkey SLR. (aka smallerest, smaller, small, bigger, biggest) You know, form factor.

Last edited:
Bridge or SLR.

Sorry I can't give much more "need this and this." I am USELESS with photography in general.