Random Thoughts....

It was very pretty over here.

A pair of turtle doves nested in our balcony.

As always the solution is simple:

1740-porch.jpg

What?

Current random thought:

If the nation of Yemen ever decides to turn on Oman and Jordan for whatever reason, Yemen would be like "Yeah, man!", Oman would be like "Oh man!" and Amman would be like "Ah, man!" in a Jamaican accent for some reason.

Current random thought:

If the nation of Yemen ever decides to turn on Oman and Jordan for whatever reason, Yemen would be like "Yeah, man!", Oman would be like "Oh man!" and Amman would be like "Ah, man!" in a Jamaican accent for some reason.

While Jordan would probably find someone else to re-marry?

<----- Passed her driving test today.

Congratz and well done.

Anyway, random job sitrep and be warned, thar be long rant ahead:
having been pre-occupied with other things recently there have been some development concerning my ongoing saga towards employment. Not exactly all for the better. I'm still working as a volunteer in a charity shop that continues to provide me with a load of experience and allows me to keep the CV up to date. The Manager of the store has been impressed and has stated that in the coming weeks she's going to get me trained up in more areas of the shop. She's already said that she'll give me a reference which i can use on applications. While some of it is fairly straightforward stuff. a good sizeable chunk of it has been that the Manager believes that i can be left on my own in the shop and she is confident that i'll keep the shop tidy and running smoothly (which i do anyway but it was good to hear it. on top of that they are only upstairs and in the event of a problem i can just yell up at them for assistance). Mostly while i'm still waiting for replies from various companies that i've applied for, i do honestly feel i've got a much better shot at a job now than i had before.
Unfortunately, this is where the Job Center has decided to stick their nose in. 4 weeks ago, while attending a signing on session with my job advisor. He ran through a list of possible jobs and pointed out a retail one to me. it was working in a bridal store and at the time believed it to be standard shop floor stuff. He said that i might not be suitable for the role and didn't think it was worth applying. My response was to simply say "i'll look at it and judge it on its own merits." After getting a printed copy, i later had a look at it and found that the job basically required fitting brides into dresses and taking measurements. Now i could be extremely chauvinistic and state that this was a dream job. But honestly i couldn't see anyway where the bride would be comfortable with a man taking her measurements and there's no way i would be comfortable either. Since the job wasn't suitable, i binned the piece of paper and never thought any more of it.
Roll on 2 weeks and the Job center sends me a letter, threatening to cut off my benefits. Reason? because i didn't apply for the bridal store job. Apparently, when they print job details off in the job center. You HAVE to apply for it. no matter what. since my job advisor himself said that the job wasn't suitable and at no point did he tell me that i was required to apply for it, i was given a piece of paper to send off with my response. So i wrote down a lengthy message making it clear how the job wasn't suitable and the advisor not informing me of the requirement.
Now we get to the good part. Last week i visited the same job advisor, i mentioned to him what had happened and his response. "I told you, you had to apply for it. You've obviously lied." When i stated that i wasn't aware of the requirement, he responded. "I always make it clear when i print off details, it is required to apply for." I kept my cool, politely informed him that he didn't. but i was now aware of the situation and would act accordingly in the future. His response was "perhaps you should have listened to me in the first place." In that place, they will never admit fault. its always my fault, never theirs.
Now i'm sat waiting for their response. Common sense says they will see it my side and just accept it as a misunderstanding. Worst case scenario, they either restrict my benefits or cut them off completely. What annoys me the most is that this is a method that is used for going after the workshy, those who don't want to work. Yet, despite my working in as a volunteer, job searches and applications (that they all get copies of) i'm basically seen as not doing enough.

Thankfully, despite all that crap going on. I was extremely thankful to find out last week that there were lose who were concerned about my disappearance from the forums. Either from messages in IRC or to a surprise phone call from a good friend. It was all noticed and i thank you all for the concern.

So, how you feelin' to today, Mally Pedal Pusher?

I think I posted this on here before but decided to post it again today because it came to mind that my bike is 23 years old this year. Kinda strange that I have owned a bike longer than some FG members have been alive. This pic is from a few years ago, I look a bit different but the bike is the same. 1988 GT Pro Freestyle Tour, back when all the bike colors were electric.

bike.jpg

Last edited:
My brain is a weird... Whenever I hear the word "Batman" I can almost taste the cereal from 1989....:dunno:

1.jpg

Am I wrong, or did that basically taste like a cross between Kix and the "plain" Cap'n Crunch?

Am I wrong, or did that basically taste like a cross between Kix and the "plain" Cap'n Crunch?

That's exactly how they tasted....and they somehow didn't cut the roof of your mouth like Cap'n Crunch.

I miss S'mores. cereal. :( Imagine chocolate-flavored Golden Grahams, with the mini marshmallows you might find in hot cocoa mix.

3240966594_a33a16ce40_z.jpg

THIS does not count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smorz.jpg