Random Thoughts....

What obesity epidemic? :p

Is it just me or does anyone else see that as revolting to eat for breakfast? I haven't eaten a sugary cereal since I was a kid, and even then the most extreme ones were Froot Loops and Frosties. And even then I was only allowed to eat them for a treat while on holiday.

Yes, I eat weet-bix. What of it?

Sugary cereals kind of all just taste like sugar. Plain cereal tastes like nothing. Most healthy cereals are like eating wood, tastes like wood and requires beaver teeth to bite through it's so hard. :/

Speaking of sugar, am I the only one that thinks that white sugar smells terrible? It smells like ass. One of the few things that actually smells different than it tastes.

don't want to make a new post edit: Top Gear has become like The Office. A ton of different versions in different countries all following the UK version closely. The characters are basically the same, the setting is the same, the national culture is different.

Last edited:
Sugary cereals kind of all just taste like sugar. Plain cereal tastes like nothing. Most healthy cereals are like eating wood, tastes like wood and requires beaver teeth to bite through it's so hard. :/

Speaking of sugar, am I the only one that thinks that white sugar smells terrible? It smells like ass. One of the few things that actually smells different than it tastes.

That's why I refuse to eat breakfast at all. Prob not the best choice but given that my stomach agrees otherwise...it's best to keep it that way.

And I'm with you on the smell of sugar...it's totally smelly. :/

And I'm with you on the smell of sugar...it's totally smelly. :/

Drop a couple vanilla beans/pods/sticks in your sugar pot, it will immediately make everything better. If you like stronger smells you could try cinnamon or cloves for instance, but be prepared for a but of unexpected bitterness when you catch a piece of one in your tea/coffee and crush it.

My solution is to heat up plain oats and add whatever the hell I want to it (or just plain if I can't be bothered), not the best in summer however. Fruit / yoghurt usually does me in warmer weather. I don't usually eat toast, never have. A lot of people I know can't function without vegemite on toast, while think vegemite is the nastiest 'food' ever invented alongside that horrible processed slice cheese crap. :yuck:

Anyway....I don?t believe it, our missing cat just came home. He?s really hungry and a bit dehydrated but he?s otherwise fine. Earlier this evening I walked around the neighbourhood a bit further afield than I?ve been yesterday, asking if anyone had seen him. I also dropped notes into letterboxes. I suspect he?s been trapped in someone?s garden shed or something and they?ve read the note and checked, releasing him. I?ll sleep better tonight, when he?d till not turned up this morning I?d pretty much convinced myself that I?d not see Silas again. I'd love to keep him and his sister as inside cats from now on this kind of thing is going to happen, but our house really isn't designed for two overgrown hyperactive kitties.

Last edited:
My solution is to heat up plain oats and add whatever the hell I want to it (or just plain if I can't be bothered), not the best in summer however. Fruit / yoghurt usually does me in warmer weather. I don't usually eat toast, never have. A lot of people I know can't function without vegemite on toast, while think vegemite is the nastiest 'food' ever invented alongside that horrible processed slice cheese crap. :yuck:

Anyway....I don?t believe it, our missing cat just came home. He?s really hungry and a bit dehydrated but he?s otherwise fine. Earlier this evening I walked around the neighbourhood a bit further afield than I?ve been yesterday, asking if anyone had seen him. I also dropped notes into letterboxes. I suspect he?s been trapped in someone?s garden shed or something and they?ve read the note and checked, releasing him. I?ll sleep better tonight, when he?d till not turned up this morning I?d pretty much convinced myself that I?d not see Silas again. I'd love to keep him and his sister as inside cats from now on this kind of thing is going to happen, but our house really isn't designed for two overgrown hyperactive kitties.

I know how you feel, but for me it's both more natural and easier to keep an outdoor cat, we never even had a litterbox. Glad to hear he came home :)

I'm so going to regret posting this, but eh.

Ok so, for all of you latin Americans (all 5(?) of you) you'll know what I'm on about. Over here we have a magazine called tu, which is sort of like the Latin American version of "Heat"; sort of the gossip, celebrity bullshit magazine that actually makes you wonder how many trees were cut down to make this crap.

Naturally my sister loves it.

Anyway, Since I'm doing cleaning I come and move a bunch of these magazines, then just for shits and giggles I open one from 2008 or thereabouts, to see the REALLY important topics of back then. After flipping page after page of mexican slang and shitty questionaires to find out if your man is cheating on you, mercifully I reached the end an found myself face to face with Aura. Aura is a comic published by some random artist who mostly does pinups and shit like that. Anyway the comic itself was meh, but after all the crap I'd just sat through, I found it not bad at all.

Naturally It was cancelled sometime later that year. Good thing the author has a website in which he can post it (Hurrah!). too bad the moron sold the rights of the comic to the editorial (Harruh.). But then he got them back and now is releasing a new storyline on his website. I do hope it doesn't turn out to end up being one of those silly, teen drama comics that make me sick (The few ones I saw involved someone making a Hamster cake...It makes sense in context). though this coming from "Calor" magazine, seems the most likely case.

I'll stop before this post makes Cowboy there puke.

Ton contrarest the fagginess of that last post, I watched House for the first time in a long time and after the "WHO ARE THIS PEOPLE!!" vibe (I didn't recognize chase with less hair, where the hell is Kutner?, Who is this cameron replacement?) I've got to say. Hugh Laurie as House driving a monster truck is one of the most cool things I've seen in a while.

I wouldn't worry. According to Terry Pratchett cat's have the ability to slip through wormholes in space time. You think they've gone missing but in fact they just jump a few days into the future to enjoy the huge, welcome back meal you are bound to give them.

And anyone who owns a cat should have a copy of "The Unadulterated Cat" on their bookshelf.

Ton contrarest the fagginess of that last post, I watched House for the first time in a long time and after the "WHO ARE THIS PEOPLE!!" vibe (I didn't recognize chase with less hair, where the hell is Kutner?, Who is this cameron replacement?) I've got to say. Hugh Laurie as House driving a monster truck is one of the most cool things I've seen in a while.

Wow, you are REALLY far behind.

today was supposed to be nice and sunny and instead it is cold and drizzly. <_< God does not want me to purchase a scooter, then again I wasn't in good enough shape to drive today... or the last 5 or so days so I guess I wouldn't be using it much anyway.

*walks in after a long day, sees 2 pages on breakfast cereal and gaasc talking about womens magazines*

:blink:

*opens liquor cabinet*

Dammit! Why is it never lupus?

:shakefist:

The cops are on a stakeout in front of my house. I suspect my across-the-street-neighbours (who are members of a notorious outlaw motorcycle club) are the target.
While naturally i don't want to support organized crime, my neighbours never did anything to me, in fact, I frequent the same pub as them (the one closest to our homes) and never had a problem with any of them, so my instinct tells me to tip them off, while the reasonable part of my brain tells me to mind my own business...

If these guys are reasonably competent at their organized crime business, they notice the stakeout cops anyway. If you want to tip them off, you know, don't do it from your own phone. :D

If these guys are reasonably competent at their organized crime business, they notice the stakeout cops anyway. If you want to tip them off, you know, don't do it from your own phone. :D

*laughs* So i figured. When i smell the cops, any criminal worth being caught has already smelled them.