Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Yeah I got a copy off ebay for 35 quid, it arrived earlier this week. It's so weird playing it ont GameCube. o_O

similar thing happened when i started playing Final Fantasy 7 the other week (i haven't completed it yet but i swear its on my to-do list). spent the first few minutes wondering why the character wouldn't move until i realised i had to use the d-pad.

Simbin have released a small freebie game, all you need to do is register over at http://www.raceroom.net/.
It contains Hockenhiem GP track and 2 other version if it and a race Camaro and "formula RR" :p
This also works as an addon if you own any other game from the Race series. You get an activation code and you download it from steam!

similar thing happened when i started playing Final Fantasy 7 the other week (i haven't completed it yet but i swear its on my to-do list). spent the first few minutes wondering why the character wouldn't move until i realised i had to use the d-pad.

Haha! I know what you mean! I swear I spent the first 15 minutes shouting "GAMECUBE CONTROLLER Y U NO WORK" then I figured it's be a good idea to actually read int manual what the buttons actually did...

read the manual? nah, i just follow the Clarkson method. curse and scream at until i figure it out or i just throw the controller to one side and find something else to play.

As it turns out, cracked CDs are uncooperative... it appears my Metal Gear Solid CD is 76% intact. Won't play on PS3, sort of plays on PS1, and can't rip an image....

So...when exactly are they going to stop putting commercials extolling the virtues of Blue-Ray technology...on Blu-Ray discs? Like...do I really need to be sold on this? And, also, why do they show dramatic action scenes when advertising Blu-Ray discs on regular DVDs? Who is sitting in their living room, watching a DVD, and see the commercial for Blue-Ray and think to themselves "Wow...that looks great...I need to get me one o' 'dem." I would have bought one sooner had they actually said why it's better and not just resorting to "Immerses you like never before!"

i'd like them to do away with those sodding copyright ads as well that are at the beginning of a disc. i get the hint, pirating films = bad, buying film = good. with the blu ray commercials that NJ mentioned, it often feels like the companies think every buyer of a DVD has no idea what to do with them and spends most of the time thinking "ooh, bright shiny thing."

Mortal Kombat looks and plays like a Dreamcast game.

Avoid.

You must be on crack. I played it at my friend's house (who has PS Plus on his PS3) and it was fantastic.

Also, Kratos was announced as a PS3-exclusive character! :D Kratos Gameplay Video

Hooray! A grown woman will play the grown-up Lois Lane in the Superman reboot being prepped by Zack Snyder. Oscar-nominated Amy Adams will play the nosy reporter,

?There was a big, giant search for Lois,? Snyder said of the casting. ?For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it.?

Adams, 36, will play opposite Henry Cavill, 28, as the Man of Steel.

Last time out in Superman Returns, Lois was played by 23-year-old ingenue Kate Bosworth, who not only didn?t have the maturity of a star reporter, but would have been a teenager when Superman knocked her up. (In Superman Returns, Lois and Kal-el have a young son that Superman creepily peeps in on after abandoning him to go on a vision quest. Right.)

Director Snyder, whose female centric Sucker Punch is being drubbed be critics this opening weekend, obviously likes a strong leading lady, as Dawn of the Dead and 300 showed.
Source

The choice of Amy Adams is a bloody good choice. However its still not enough to stop me from doubting the choice of Zack Snyder for director. Watchmen was ok, 300 was watchable. I don't want a film thats ok or watchable, i want one thats going to knock the hinges of the door and shatter the doorframe into splinters. i keep thinking that this entire film is just going to be superman punching people in slow motion.

Am I the only person who thinks the Hangover 2 can't work?

I loved the first, but the sequel is like Home Alone 2.

not seen the original, not planning on seeing it either. think its safe to say it will be the same plan for the sequel.

Am I the only person who thinks the Hangover 2 can't work?

I loved the first, but the sequel is like Home Alone 2.

What's wrong with Home Alone 2?

What's wrong with Home Alone 2?

As far fetched as leaving your son alone once was... you wouldn't do it again. Technically that was Kevin and the Talkboys fault. Point being, it shouldn't happen twice.

It was still better than Home Alone 3.

Or Home Alone 4.