UFC/Strikeforce/MMA 2011

It's more of a timing thing for these PRIDE gfuys, look at when they had their best days.

Big Nog 2000 - 2008 - By this time he'd already fought and beaten, Cro Cop, Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, Sylvia (who was top 5 at HW at the time), Werdum, Heath Herring (was a top guy who was considered a phenom when they first fought years ago), Mark Coleman (Still a very legit guy back in 2001), Sergei Kharitonov and many many others. Plus the cage favours wrestling.

I actually like the cage, but cannot deny that the UFC rule system favours wrestling based competitors and it's a credit to Big Nog that he beat so many great wrestlers.

Also to stay Objective let's at the top UFC guys from 2007 when they bought PRIDE.

HW - Randy Couture - Ah yes the natural, defying father time to take the belt from Sylvia and defend it against Gonzaga, would later abscond with the belt for more than a year while chasing a fight with Fedor. Eventually came back and lost to Lesnar, then Nogueira, he beat Vera in a questionable decision, beat Coleman, then faced James Toney of all people. Toney may not have belonged in the Octagon but I was happy to see him lose. Apparently now interested in novelty fights. :roll:

LHW Champion - Chuck Liddell - Has only won a single fight since 2007 when Rampage smashed him, everybody save for Jardine finished him. Oh and lest we forget it's in PRIDE that Rampage made his name, he beat Chuck in a fight in PRIDE as well.

MW Champion - Anderson Silva - this guy is an exception, he is literally superhuman. He's beaten pretty much everyone there is to beat, only Chael Sonnen has made him look human. Has fought in multiple orgs over and smashed pretty much everyone save for a few early submission losses. He dominated in Shooto and the UFC. PRIDE stars face - Dan Henderson, defeated him via sub.

WW - GSP - still young very rarely get hurts and fast approaching his prime asides from Blips against Serra and Hughes, he's looked unstoppable. No real PRIDE stars in this division as it is dominated by wrestlers who GSP routinely destroys. GSP is UFC through and through.

LW - This was when the UFC finally came to its sense for a while they didn't have a 155 division but since then it has come on leaps and bounds, only PRIDE name to come over is Gomi who is 1-2.

Last edited:
Well keep in mind Randy is fighting Lyoto next month, I wouldn't call that a novelty fight.

True, it's the most serious fight he has taken in a long time.

Bobby Lashley's fight from last night. Watch him gas out before the end of the first round.

So he continues to refuse to fight anyone but a complete can, he's made no improvements in his skills since he started, he's done nothing but make excuses for the Griggs loss, and then he couldn't even put away a hand picked middleweight who just barely has a winning record. I'd almost love to see him in a freakshow fight Pudzi, they'd both be sucking wind so hard within 30 seconds that the first 5 rows of the audience would pass out from oxygen deprivation. It's time for him to either get serious about this or admit he's only interested in the paychecks.

Last edited:
Or better yet put him in with Lesnar and watch Brock annihilate him so badly he retires from MMA forever. :lol:

Fuck that, that is exactly what Lashley wants, a huge payday. I say lock him in the cage with Bones so we can see him get torn up by a guy half his size.

Bon't know about that, Bones is much taller and has a far longer reach.

Any picks for tonight.

Demarques - Amir has not impressed me so far.
Garcia - has a habit winning decisions he shouldn't, I have a feeling that trend will continue, hope for a Jung win though.
Johnson - Both he and Hardy have suspect ground games, so this will stay on the feet and if Dan Hardy brawls with Johnson he will lose as Johnson is a HUGE Weltereight.
Nogueira - Davis while a great fighter hasn't faced a top guy yet, it he wins well done, but I see him losing to Nog here.

Well I've been impressed twice tonight already.

First.

And now Jung submiting Garcia with that twister, I have never seen that move before.

I'm not sure if tonight showed that Davis has a long way to go before he's anywhere near ready for Jones, or if the fight just felt so underwhelming because everyone was expecting a repeat of what Jones did to Shogun last week. Maybe coming in on late notice was a factor, I don't know, we'll have to see how he does next time out.

I found it funny that the judges gave him round one, despite getting hit with punches and failing on every takedown attempt, it wasn't until round 2 when he swtiched to a single that he actually got Nogueira down.

Yeah I gave the first round to Little Nog as well, but I think it's safe to say he'll just be a high level gatekeeper from here on out. This is two in a row to good wrestlers and I felt he lost the fight with Brilz, it might be time to hang it up like his brother before they really tarnish their legacy.

I think Nick Diaz will get the win here tonight, he won't risk trading with Daley for too long as Daley has nasty power, he'll probbaly puish a high pace then go for a submission.

I really really really hope Daley knocks his ass out cold, I want nothing more than to see Diaz face down on the mat with little tweetie birds circling his head.

If you hear something tonight that sounds like an ornate glass chandelier being thrown down a flight of steps, don't worry, that's just Jardine's jaw. If Keith loses tonight, he really should consider hanging up the gloves next to Arlovski's.

So Gegard has a full year to drill his takedown defense after he got dominated by King Mo, and he didn't do jack shit with it. When Jardine is taking you down almost at will, it's time to face facts that you have to learn wrestling.

Diaz wins by TKO, that was unexpected though I have to say the stoppage was a bit early.

I agree, i think Daley was defending

So Gegard has a full year to drill his takedown defense after he got dominated by King Mo, and he didn't do jack shit with it. When Jardine is taking you down almost at will, it's time to face facts that you have to learn wrestling.
Yeah, Mousasi's performance was really disappointing. If Jardine would have been in better shape he could have easily won.

As for the Diaz-Daley stoppage, I think it wasn't early. It looked early at first, but Daley sure took a long time to get up and he didn't protest at all.

Yeah but what about when Diaz was faceplanted during that second knockdown, a lot of of refs would have stopped the fight right there.

Yeah, Mousasi's performance was really disappointing. If Jardine would have been in better shape he could have easily won.

If Jardine was a much better fighter he could have easily won.

If Jardine was a much better fighter he could have easily won.
Jardine actually wouldn't have had to be that much better, just have the cardio to do round 1 over and over again, and maybe actually have the energy to do something after he got a takedown. That's exactly the reason why it was so disappointing. Jardine is pretty much proven to be not that great of a fighter. Still he managed to take down Mousasi almost at will even if he was dead tired.

Even though you could count this as a win for Mousasi, his hype train got derailed pretty bad in this fight. King Mo at least was an unproven prospect, unlike Jardine.