Random F1 videos

ALXBWSCREW +rep dude, thanks so much for posting this!

Thanks! And ahpadt, don't worry, the guy has other vids of this type and they haven't taken down a single one of them :ninja: .

Some are saying the F1 cars have been sped up in the vid so here's the source. It might be true but even if it is it's completely uncalled for...

Source :

Get iRacing and try it.

While I do like realistic racing games I think no game ever will come even close to real life racing.
It is impossible.

Sitting in your living room on a sofa with a can of beer next to you playing a game is never realistic.
Awesome entertainment and a good way to spend your time, yes.
Realistic, no.

Then don't sit in your living room in a sofa with a can of beer
and if you are competitive in iRacing with that setup, I'll make you a frikken statue...

Then don't sit in your living room in a sofa with a can of beer
and if you are competitive in iRacing with that setup, I'll make you a frikken statue...

Games can try to simulate real life and if they're done well the simulation is successful. It is enjoyable.
But are you actually sayng that a gamer, who can take a F1 car through Eau Rouge in a game, can do that in real life too?

Thankyou for prooving my point.
If anything that article prooves Simulated racing is no match for real life racing.
That article prooves that it is possible to learn tracks and how a car behaves in simulators.
But do it in real life and you're in huge troubles.

Once again, thank you.
Please go back and read pages 7, 8 and 9 of that article.
I wish you good luck taking a F1 flat out through Eau Rouge, if you ever get that chance.

Last edited:
Thankyou for prooving my point.
If anything that article prooves Simulated racing is no match for real life racing.
That article prooves that it is possible to learn tracks and how a car behaves in simulators.
But do it in real life and you're in huge troubles.

Once again, thank you.
Please go back and read pages 7, 8 and 9 of that article.
I wish you good luck taking a F1 flat out through Eau Rouge, if you ever get that chance.

I've read all of that article months ago when it came out.
Basically what you're saying is that a guy with good physical condition (like, say a marathon runner) can race better than a guy with fast reflexes, good hand-foot-eye coordination and natural talent for racing (which can stand out even in simulated racing)?

But are you actually sayng that a gamer, who can take a F1 car through Eau Rouge in a game, can do that in real life too?

Yes, he could, and the article proves it. You didn't ask if he could complete a 50 lap race, you asked if he could.

Also something that wasn't mentioned in this article but that was mentioned in the guy's personal recount of his experience was that he got sick during the days he was doing his testing. He got a flu or something.

Last edited:
I've read all of that article months ago when it came out.
Basically what you're saying is that a guy with good physical condition (like, say a marathon runner) can race better than a guy with fast reflexes, good hand-foot-eye coordination and natural talent for racing (which can stand out even in simulated racing)?

Yes, he could, and the article proves it. You didn't ask if he could complete a 50 lap race, you asked if he could.

Also something that wasn't mentioned in this article but that was mentioned in the guy's personal recount of his experience was that he got sick during the days he was doing his testing. He got a flu or something.

There's no doubt a normal peron can learn the THEORY of how to take corners and how a car should be driven when in a race.
Foget 50 laps. In a 2 lap race, a professional / experienced racing driver would be miles ahead of a virtual racer. There's no way a gamer could possibly keep up.
I do not think it is possible for a gamer to learn to take a Formula 1 car through Eau Rouge flat out in real life simply by playing games.

The perfect example of someone who proved skills in a racing game and shows that he's pretty much able to do the same in real life: the first GT Academy winner (Lucas Ordonez). Three years ago on a Playstation, last week he was racing at Sebring in a LMP2 Nissan-powered Oreca. Not fully on the pace of his more experienced teammates yet, but considering that it was his first race in the car, not shaming himself in any way.

Last edited:
There's no doubt a normal peron can learn the THEORY of how to take corners and how a car should be driven when in a race.
Foget 50 laps. In a 2 lap race, a professional / experienced racing driver would be miles ahead of a virtual racer. There's no way a gamer could possibly keep up.
I do not think it is possible for a gamer to learn to take a Formula 1 car through Eau Rouge flat out in real life simply by playing games.

It's not a game, it's a simulation. You step too much on the gas, you spin out. You step too hard on the brake, you lock up. Simulation, you know, the very same thing the real drivers use to train and 'work out' when not able to drive the real car. What's so hard to understand?