Founder of Kentucky's 'Creation Museum' pisses off everyone else

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/24/1682122/founder-of-creation-museum-banned.html#ixzz1HXh4dDXx

Founder of Creation Museum banned from convention

Ken Ham, the man behind the Creation Museum and the future Ark Encounter amusement park, has been disinvited from a homeschool convention in Cincinnati next week because he made "ungodly, and mean-spirited" comments about another speaker, according to the convention's organizers.

Ham also will be excluded from future conventions, according to a statement by Brennan Dean of Great Homeschool Conventions.

"The board believes that Ken's public criticism of the convention itself and other speakers at our convention require him to surrender the spiritual privilege of addressing our homeschool audience," Dean said in the statement.

Ham is a founder of Answers in Genesis, which built the Creation Museum in Petersburg, an interactive series of exhibits on "young earth" beliefs, including ones that show humans interacting with dinosaurs. Ham is also spearheading attempts to build an amusement park with a life-size replica of Noah's Ark, which will include dinosaurs on board. The project has won preliminary approval for up to $37 million in state tax incentives.

At issue are criticisms by Ham of Peter Enns of the Biologos Foundation, who has said the fall of Adam and Eve can be construed as a symbolic story of Israel's beginnings, rather than a literal description of human beginnings.

On his blog and in other statements, Ham takes issue with this view and Enns' homeschool curriculum.

"In fact," Ham wrote in a recent blog post, "what he teaches about Genesis is not just compromising Genesis with evolution, it is outright liberal theology that totally undermines the authority of the Word of God."

Ham was not immediately available for comment on Wednesday. His publicist, Melany Ethridge of A. Larry Ross Communications in Dallas, referred the Herald-Leader to Ham's Facebook page.

"Someone needs to stand against the compromise that is pouring into the church from many directions," Ham wrote on the page. "... Because we publicly exposed one of their speakers and his curriculum because his beliefs clearly undermine the authority of Scripture, we apparently come under the heading of 'anti-Christian' in our actions."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/24/1682122/founder-of-creation-museum-banned.html#ixzz1HYEg5bag

God Bless our religiously backwards folk who take advantage of ridiculous tax breaks and generally embarass this nation :rolleyes:

ham-ken.aurora_standalone.prod_affiliate.79.jpg

My wife and I are talking about taking a road trip this summer to visit that "museum" just to laugh at it the entire way through.

Ham is also spearheading attempts to build an amusement park with a life-size replica of Noah's Ark, which will include dinosaurs on board. The project has won preliminary approval for up to $37 million in state tax incentives

:huh:

Don't they have anything better to spend $ 37 million on?

Yes.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/03/ken_ham_was_expelled_ha_haa.php

Amazingly, a gang of ignorant young-earth creationist crazies who are running fundamentalist home-schooling conferences decided that Ken Ham and Answers in Genesis were just too crazy even for them, and they have formally banned AiG from appearing at any of their conferences. This wasn't a dictate from irate scientists or atheists, either: this decree has come down from his own people, fellow creationists who also believe the earth is less than 10,000 years old and that God shuffled every kind of animal on the planet into a big boat before drowning everyone else. [...] It's got to sting when all the other inmates in the asylum shun you.

popcorn.gif

Last edited:
YECs don't just believe in evolution, they believe in super-evolution. The mutation explosion required (and explained by that Creation Museum) to bring animals into the diversity range we have today from the compact selection Noah would have carried on the ark is downright ludicrous. We're talking 2 or 3 significant physical mutations each generation.

But, as always, goddidit, so it doesn't matter to them.

Some say his family is related to mucus, and that he's confused by science. All we know he's Osama bin Ladens white cousin!

Last edited:
This reminds me of a few days ago when I saw the worst bumper sticker I've ever seen. It read simply, "God doesn't belive in athiests.". At first I chuckled and thought "Oh well! The sentiment is mutual then.", but for some reason I kept thinking about it then the stupidity of the slogan hit me; isn't God supposed to love all living creatures? And what about free will? Whoever chose to display that bumper sticker on their car obviously believes it's okay to go against the 'word of God' and launch an attack on those who exercise their God-given right of free will. I believe blasphemy is the word I'm looking for.

Directly above this sticker was one showing support for a local Baptist church. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

From what I can see it seems he never fully evolved.

I remember on the news quite a few years ago they were talking about possibly building that museum in Bowling Green, KY, but a few state representatives were concerned about the kind of people that would visit such a place and how close to the TN/KY border it would have been. Obviously those from Ohio weren't too concerned about it. :p

You have got to be kidding mate?

[X] Fundamentalist belief in religious scriptures
[X] Use of religion for his own personal gain
[X] Terrorist beard
[ ] Founder of a worldwide islamic extremist organisation

3/4 aint that far off.

More scariness and embarassment from some of the nation's hardcore creationists, oh how the rest of the world must shake their heads in sadness at them

This reminds me of a few days ago when I saw the worst bumper sticker I've ever seen. It read simply, "God doesn't belive in athiests.". At first I chuckled and thought "Oh well! The sentiment is mutual then.", but for some reason I kept thinking about it then the stupidity of the slogan hit me; isn't God supposed to love all living creatures? And what about free will? Whoever chose to display that bumper sticker on their car obviously believes it's okay to go against the 'word of God' and launch an attack on those who exercise their God-given right of free will. I believe blasphemy is the word I'm looking for.

Directly above this sticker was one showing support for a local Baptist church. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I like the jesus fish thing you see on the backs of some peoples cars... but the other day I saw the best one. Jesus fish with Darwin written inside the fish.

The stoopid, it burns.........

Can't prove anything huh?

Here's one for those morons. If you were created by a supernatural being how come he made you so dumb and so ugly?

Perhaps the British Leyland of deities? Yup that's it, we are all the product of a variety of gods, hence why we differ in so many ways.

I am middle aged and British, so I was probably made by the Morgan god, since I'm a tad old fashioned and leak and creak a bit.......

EDIT: And otis, I used to have one of these.....

FSM_badge_300.JPG

Available along with many others here.

Last edited:
but for some reason I kept thinking about it then the stupidity of the slogan hit me; isn't God supposed to love all living creatures? And what about free will? Whoever chose to display that bumper sticker on their car obviously believes it's okay to go against the 'word of God' and launch an attack on those who exercise their God-given right of free will. I believe blasphemy is the word I'm looking for.

This also confuses me in the case of gay people. God made them gay why does he hate them then?
Religion confuses me.