Show us your knives

I've got a couple:
P1010124.jpg

Bottom one is an old Beretta (Airlight, I think) that I've had for years. The side you can't see looks even worse ha! The top is a cheap little CRKT that I bought when I thought I'd lost my Beretta. Turned out I'd just left it in a winter coat that I'd packed away <_<. I usually carry the Beretta, since it's a little slimmer and I'm used to it. Though I'm pretty impressed with CRKT, given how cheap it was.

Last edited:
So, guys,what are your preferences for folders:
Tip up or tip down carry?
Thumb stud, hole, disk, wave or flipper for opening?
Back lock, liner lock, frame lock, axis lock/arc lock or any other locking mechanism?
Any steel preferences?

For me it would be tip up, flipper, frame lock and preferably S30V.

Last edited:
I know they are old, but I preffer them. It's lighter in the pocket, doesn't retain heat and keep your leg warm like the heavier-duty cast metal ones, you can change the blade without a screw driver, and I find that people are WAY too agressive when they use the bigger knives. I've had to throw away thousdands of dollars in product at work because some idiot thinks a big knive needs big motions. With the smaller knife, people make more delicate motions and the product is safer for it. Because the motions are usually softer, people change the blades more frequently, and they don't cut themselves with them as much as, say, they do with these knives:
opplanet-martor-usa-automatic-retractable-cutters-and-knife-martor-usa-08152.jpg

As for the C170, WAY too bulky for me, and too many moving parts. :p

Nah thats not it, This is:

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/tv/tvr161/2011/03/24/IMAG0105.jpg

I prefer holes for opening because I don?t like disks, pins etc getting caught on my clothes when I try taking them out of my pocket.
As for the locking, I prefer back lock, because all the liner locks I had became unsafe after a some time using it. I imagine good quality knives don?t have this problem (better materials and all that) but I simply don?t trust line lockers. The other kinds I never owned, but frame lock seems like a good design.

I've got a couple:
P1010124.jpg

Bottom one is an old Beretta (Airlight, I think) that I've had for years. The side you can't see looks even worse ha! The top is a cheap little CRKT that I bought when I thought I'd lost my Beretta. Turned out I'd just left it in a winter coat that I'd packed away <_<. I usually carry the Beretta, since it's a little slimmer and I'm used to it. Though I'm pretty impressed with CRKT, given how cheap it was.

I have the same CRKT and I like it a lot. It's small and light while still having a blade of usable length. I really like the one-handed opening feature. It's a tough knife and survived an accidental tip through the washing machine.

I've been thinking about buying a nice fixed blade for quite awhile, but I'm having a hard time choosing between these.

Fehrman Cold fury
90SLQ.jpg

Busse
ytvCC.jpg

ZT 0100
vNdxQ.jpg

The Fehrman looks the best, but costs the most....the Busse has the best steel...the ZT can be had for a song compared to the others.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/po/polly/2009/10/09/DSC_0010.JPG

I'm not sure if swiss army knives count, but in terms of go everywhere knives this is my set.

Knives-2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if swiss army knives count, but in terms of go everywhere knives this is my set.

I guess they do.

I've been thinking about buying a nice fixed blade for quite awhile, but I'm having a hard time choosing between these.
The Fehrman looks the best, but costs the most....the Busse has the best steel...the ZT can be had for a song compared to the others.

The ZT looks best, in my opinion.

The knife that 15 years of retail has trained me to carry with me every day...which has nearly caused me issues when I've reported for Jury Duty, and gone to the airport nearly forgetting I've had it in my pocket:
3603_xl.jpg

My preference too. I find the safety ones to be an annoyance to use and somewhat more dangerous.

My khukuri arrived!
Should I post pictures?

This is my EDC, a Kershaw Skyline. I also have a Spyderco Tenacious in my toolbox that was once covered in bondo; I had to douse it in paint thinner for a couple of days to get it out. Not my pictures, by the way.

Kershaw-Skyline3.jpg

122ps.jpg

I'm thinking of picking up a decent fixed-blade and paracord wrap the handle at some point.

My khukuri arrived!
Should I post pictures?

Duh, yes!

Bump!

I got a Paramilitary 2 a few days ago and haven't been able to stop playing with it since... fantastic blade.

With the trusty work knife:

http://img80.imageshack.**/img80/2728/cdsadsa.jpg

Last edited: