2011 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix

There are plenty of people (not in the business-end, mind) who actually wouldn't mind seeing that. :ninja:

But if you went down that route you could argue that therefore F1 shouldn't race in China either. :think:

Last edited:
It's less 'extreme' in terms of raw power and going through corners on full opposite lock, but it's still the pinnacle of technology and engineering, even if they're limited by regulations. Different people like different things about F1, but for me it's still very enjoyable. Sundays' race wasn't even that exciting, but it was the most I've enjoyed just watching a race in years.

You missed Silverstone and Canada last year? Both were frickin' awesome...

Anyone else think F1 is getting worse and worse? I wasn't around for 70-80's era so don't compare it to that; but these stupid cases and the environmentalist crap is ruining the sport....if you can even consider it a sport anymore.

Well, at least we don't have abu dhabi anymore >.>

Nope.

F1 needs to change and adapt to survive, just like any sport or any other large multinational organisation. We can't always agree with how the FIA does things, but there's always a reason for it. What if they did nothing?

Last edited:
You missed Silverstone and Canada last year? Both were frickin' awesome...

Sorry, I meant as a Season opener. My apologies. It also may have something to do with the amount of alcohol consumed... :hmm:

It's less 'extreme' in terms of raw power and going through corners on full opposite lock, but it's still the pinnacle of technology and engineering, even if they're limited by regulations. Different people like different things about F1, but for me it's still very enjoyable. Sundays' race wasn't even that exciting, but it was the most I've enjoyed just watching a race in years.

You mean Bahrain? Unless something magical has happened and all the Middle East races have disappeared :p

Oopsies, yes that's what I meant >.<

Also Zesty, I get what you're saying, but couldn't they think of an alternative besides dramatically lowering engine sizes/speeds? The noise is a huge part of F1 and limiting them to 1.6 and 10k rpm would make them SOOOOO WEAK AND QUIET!

Oopsies, yes that's what I meant >.<

Also Zesty, I get what you're saying, but couldn't they think of an alternative besides dramatically lowering engine sizes/speeds? The noise is a huge part of F1 and limiting them to 1.6 and 10k rpm would make them SOOOOO WEAK AND QUIET!

I think they should make engines to be whatever you want, but you only get so much fuel for the race...

...78 hours with no refueling? Yeah! Race with a tanker trailer :lol:

You lead me to remember the ad where Shell air rig re-fuels a F1 car (right ? Not too sure on that one) a long time back.

Not sure how this would work in Monaco, but I'll grant you it's more exciting than a pitstop.

While I know it isnt real, that would be so crazy awesome if they actually refueled an F1 car with a plane. If it wasn't illegal I wouldn't put it past the teams to work out in motion refueling. Even more so in a place like le mans.

A football player is offside, when is foot is 5 cm behind the imaginary line. There is no "almost offside". No discussion. When I'm 5 minutes late at work, I'm not "almost late". I'm late. No discussion.

You have to draw the line somewhere. 5 mm may seem pedantic but when it is what the rule says. A hundredth of a second per lap can be an unfair advantage in Formula 1, when those 5 mm are responsible.

However, I also do no understand, why they didn't find out before the race.

I agree with this BUT there are considerations to be taken, too. Since they didn't spot something that should be obvious before the race, I think some sort of caution or "yellow card" should have been applied. Maybe a time penalty, or stripping the team of the constructor points but letting their pilots, who both did an amazing job, keep them, since everyone is more or less agreeing that the 'transgression' didn't bring much, if any, performance gain..

It doesn't work that way. If you'll say that up to +5 mm will not be punished it will mean the limit is 105 not 100. You have to draw a line, that's the only way. Yeah, you can give a yellow card, but that will be like "everybody can bend the rules by 5 mm once a season". This will be even more stupid. So like I said, this is the only way to make it clear. If a team thinks there should be a margin, they can make it by themselves. Make it 95 mm in your design then, so you'll not get penalised for additional +5.

So if you present to me a car which I approve to race, then after the race, you bring me the same car and I say "You're fucking DQ'd get out of here"... fair?