The "Things that annoy me" thread

Am I the only one who doesn't get annoyed by anything bus-related? Then again, I'm probably causing all the annoyance.

Good, one person less to go ape. Seriously, I don't care if you ate derp today and if your daughter herped a derp in a fgsfds. Atleast talk QUIETLY, not like the person you're having the talk with is in another area code. Fucking *#$%#&.

I always seem to have the luck of getting in a bus that has one/several hobos inside. Or people that smell of BO. Or people that listen to bad music loudly. Frankly, I'm also annoyed by phones ringing for some reason. That's why I always keep mine on silent.

Stupid DST. We don't need that shit anymore, we have plenty of light sources.

It really speaks about human nature. Screw voluntarily changing your schedule, but being forced to do so? Hell yeah!

Yeah, my body clock is still screwed up; was able to perfectly wake up at 6:30 to eat and get ready for school, now I can barely drag myself out of bed at 7:00, still going to bed at the same time.

I always seem to have the luck of getting in a bus that has one/several hobos inside. Or people that smell of BO. Or people that listen to bad music loudly. Frankly, I'm also annoyed by phones ringing for some reason. That's why I always keep mine on silent.

i am still yet to figure out why kids put music blaring through the speakers of their phones. they've got headphones, use them. amount of times i've been on a bus on the way back from work and they've got lady gaga or some other barely talented musician blaring through their speakers.
you know its bad when you can hear it over your own ipod.

Not to mention that they'd enjoy their own music more with headphones. They must not know of their existence.

Again, I must be the only person who doesn't get annoyed with this sort of stuff. It's usually shitty music which I hate, but I still don't really care, I just choose to ignore it. Buses can be pretty grim and awkward at times, so if anything, they need lightening up.

Apparently I used to talk quite loudly on the bus and not really notice. I've stopped doing that now, but I couldn't see what the big deal was.

Last edited:
Any form of mindless vandalism. Especially when it involves James May as the victim - see related posts elsewhere in the forum. Grrrrrr!

with buses, I am annoyed sydney buses at times do NOT turn on the air con even though the bus has air con. for gods sake, mr driver, just because you are used to driving with the window next to you open for a breeze does not mean your passengers get the same luxury.

also very annoyed with reduced services in the weekend, like wtf, those are the days everyone goes out to chill or to shop, and you have reduced services? I might as well lock up the toilet at the bus depot for the weekend and you can piss in a bottle till monday comes along.

Asshole Professors who insist that their "Excellence in Research" comes from "Excellence in Teaching", while their lectures are a fucking joke.

...yeah, I've just found out that I failed an exam. I don't even know what I should do differently for the next try, because I prepared as best I could with the useless material they provided, and then some more.

Fucking elitist idiot. :mad:

Asshole Professors (whose) lectures are a fucking joke.
Add cynicism towards their students and I can welcome you to my maths and physical chemistry lectures... and the first and only biochemistry one I ever attended, too, even though I love the subject. I feel your pain.

something else that annoys me: The fact that in Germany, you never get any feedback whatsoever on your job applications because of (AFAIK) our idiotic anti-discrimination law. How the hell am I supposed to work on myself if all I ever get back is "sorry, you didn't fit the profile"?

Last edited:
Asshole Professors who insist that their "Excellence in Research" comes from "Excellence in Teaching", while their lectures are a fucking joke.

...yeah, I've just found out that I failed an exam. I don't even know what I should do differently for the next try, because I prepared as best I could with the useless material they provided, and then some more.

Fucking elitist idiot. :mad:

somehow, i think, this is exactly what's going on at my uni as well...
luckily i have yet to fail an exam, so i can't complain. they always lower the pass-threshold so only 30-35% of people fail and thus far i've always been better prepared than the unlucky bunch. still, one can see the quality of their teaching reflected in the points people get... example: yesterday i got my result for a recent exam, 51 / 100 resulting in a 2,7 (for everyone that understands german grades)... pass-threshold 33%... but no, nothing wrong with either teaching nor ridiculous exam-standards (in this particular case, i have to strongly lean towards the latter...).

Last edited:
Reporters who continue to refer to the "misplaced" Bronx Zoo cobra as poisonous.

Reporters who continue to refer to the "misplaced" Bronx Zoo cobra as poisonous.

Be happy they aint calling it a 30ft firebreathing anaconda that is roaming around swallowing small children.....

Horse shit. No, literally, shit from a horse. Fuck horses. Why can horses shit wherever the fuck they want and their asshole riders can get away with doing fuck all about it and yet I'm obligated by law to pick up doodles from my little twenty pound dog? A trail by my house goes by a horse riding place (whatever you call it, it's a little place with some horses that gives horse riding lessons), and fuck horses.

Horse shit. No, literally, shit from a horse. Fuck horses. Why can horses shit wherever the fuck they want and their asshole riders can get away with doing fuck all about it and yet I'm obligated by law to pick up doodles from my little twenty pound dog? A trail by my house goes by a horse riding place (whatever you call it, it's a little place with some horses that gives horse riding lessons), and fuck horses.

there's a horse trail not far from my street. i often take rosie for a walk along there to allow her to 'get it out of her system' and allow me not have to pick it up. i love my dog but there's somethings i really just don't see any point in. also really annoys me when i'm taking her for a walk, because of how she bends over to do her business. her no 1 and no 2 positions are the same, yet people get all funny when i don't go over to pick up her pee. had a few people complain to me and my response is always the same. "how do you expect to me to pick up her pee?" then they always look at me like i'm lying...

i really should train my dog to bite some ankles some day...

luckily i have yet to fail an exam, so i can't complain.

Up until now I hadn't failed any, too. Even all the hardcore ones that usually weed most of the poeple out - mechanics, maths, thermodynamics, all passed on the first try. Granted, not with particularily great grades, but just passing seems to be enough of a feat.

This wasn't even one of those "break your neck" exams... just a particularily stuck up bunch of "Fachidioten", stuck way too far in their particular niche to realise that it isn't as incredibly important as they believe it to be.

This shit: http://consumerist.com/2011/03/delaware-dot-rip-out-8-basketball-hoops.html

Consumerist said:
A woman climbed up and sat on top of the basketball hoop in front of her house in a faceoff with a bulldozer sent by the the Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) to rip it out. The truck already had seven other hoops in the back but this one wasn't going down without a fight, a confrontation caught on video by Delaware Online.

DelDOT said the hoops violated Delaware's "Clear Zone" law, which prohibits trees, shrubs, hoops and other objects from being within seven feet of the edge of the pavement in subdivisions.

This hoop, which her husband said had been up for 60 years, fell under state scrutiny, along with seven other hoops, after an anonymous letter from someone in the neighborhood complained.

ITS A FUCKING CUL DE SAC!!!! Not a main road, not even a side road that has flow through traffic...but a culdesac. I dunno about you but 99 percent of the culdesacs i see are fucking deserted of cars, yet 1 asswipe with a stick up their ass who probably wants every fucking house to look the same with the same damn mailbox and same lawn grass height (measured with a ruler of course) rats out the rest of the neighborhood??? And then, the police guy LIES to her...fuck them.

Yet another reason why I hate neighbors...nosy gits. I'll be sure to try not to have any.

And with that minirant...I'm off to bed. Night FG.

Last edited: