NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed

me said:
EA has in typical EA fashion thinks their customers are have ADD

Goddamnit I just about proved EA right! :lol:

Last edited:
I got that feeling from watching the trailers, like the car is rotating around an axis instead of being steered by the tires. May also be an illusion caused by the moving helmet cam.

Yeah, EA have adopted the codemasters pole in the middle type steering.

So the slidey turning from the middle bullshit is still there.

not gonna buy

Did 3 corners and put it away. Worst driving I've ever felt in a game. Force feedback is terrible. The wheel is not connected to the tires. The fastest way to drive is still to crank in full lock.

More real than GT5 my fucking ass. That's probably the last Shift I ever play. Normally I'll give a game a day or two, but with a racing game, if it doesn't feel like a car within 5 seconds it's not worth playing.

Last edited:
Did 3 corners and put it away. Worst driving I've ever felt in a game. Force feedback is terrible. The wheel is not connected to the tires. The fastest way to drive is still to crank in full lock.

More real than GT5 my fucking ass. That's probably the last Shift I ever play. Normally I'll give a game a day or two, but with a racing game, if it doesn't feel like a car within 5 seconds it's not worth playing.

That post goes perfectly with your avatar! :lol:

While I feel your pain, I have a few games for you to try if you think this is the worst ever :p

atleast its not trying to be the realest real racing game EVAR like shift 2 is

Has anyone had success changing the control settings? I have read of other people fixing the steering issues, but I don't know if it is credible info or not, and it seems most people don't care if it is realistic or not.

Unless the rear of the cars actually slide the other way that you're turning, I'd say the way I've seen the cars move is actually realistic. You have to consider the cars having length, the front tracks won't be identical to the rears. But then again, I've been too swamped by work to even install this. Unless you show me proof, I'd rather trust the professionals who made the game rather than some internet experts (and yeah, I know how ironic that sounds, but hey, if you don't like it, there's nothing you can do about it).

Unless you show me proof, I'd rather trust the professionals who made the game rather than some internet experts.

When you get it installed, all you have to do is take a sweeping corner long enough for you to play with the wheel. Try adding and subtracting lock from the wheel. Try even using full lock. The more you turn, the better it corners. The entire thing is designed to be used with a pad, at full lock, all the time. The entire car rotates when you do this. Dare you to try that in real life. The thing will just push harder if you go beyond the optimal slip angle of the front wheels.

Not only that but it takes a ridiculous full turn of the wheel to get through turn 1 at Suzuka at 900 degrees. Steering racks and steering ratios are not complicated. It's a couple of gears connected to a shaft. But they fudged it beyond all recognition. Here is a comment by one Niels Heusinkveld who is a simulator tire engineer and has produced some of the very best mods in rFactor and practically wrote the book on realistic tires and steering in rFactor mods, and is now a professional working on high end sims for a new studio:

Niels Heusinkveld said:
If speed sensitivity is required to make it feel reasonable with a wheel [which it is if you want to get rid of the absurd swaying on straights], it just underlines the game nature of it. Thats fine, it is probably a good game! But that loads of people are looking for wheel settings just screams its not a sim!

- linear axis
- no steering help
- no speed sensitivity

And a reasonable steering ratio, say 30 degs car setup 900 on your wheel. If that feels rubbish, it unlikely to be a sim.

Pretty funny that a professional team of simulator designers doesn't have a clue how a steering rack works. His outline (no steering assist, no speed sensitive steering, linear settings and the like) is what I tried first in Shift 2, and it failed. In NetKar, LFS, iRacing etc you plug in the wheel, define the axis for steering and the degrees of rotation, and you jump in the game with a perfect-feeling ratio and response just like a real car.

Last edited:
I don't have any real-life experience, but I'd venture to add GT5 to that list. Play the game with a pad, and you go lock to lock all the time, because it's easy. But since I started using a (decent) wheel, I find that I rarely use more than 90 of my 900 degrees, there is definitely a point where you feel the tires lose grip and more steering is counteractive.

I couldn't play the first Shift with the wheel very well, since you have to turn the wheel so much, it's very difficult to catch a slide. I have the same problem in GT5 but to a much lesser extent.

I'll just leave this here [removed]
4.4gb repack

I think you should reconsider posting that.

Forum rules:
10.Warez: No movie, game, application, and other warez links. We don't need the MPAA/RIAA/FBI/whatever after us. TV shows are fine, but nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
The steering lag made this game unplayable. There's literally a 0.5 second steering lag. Even Shift 1's steering lag wasn't this bad, looks like they took a step backwards.

You know what i did? I bought stcc the game 2 instead! It's 10 euros if you already own a game in the race series... :)

Played it, it sucks. Drifting is the worst, can't even make corrections without making it worse. It would be a decent game if they'd fix a couple things and stop trying to push that it's a sim when it clearly isn't.