Spied: BMW M3 Ute testing on the 'Ring. Wait, wut?

God damn it. We've been had.

So for April Fools' BMW makes an interesting sports car and for every other day of the year they make the X1,X6,5GT, right?

This is Germany, remember. Their sense of humour is...different...to the rest of the world's.

We germans don't have a sense of humour we're aware of. :)

The ute/pickup/whatever you would call it has to be pretty lively at the back end, no weight there and everything...

We germans don't have a sense of humour we're aware of. :)

The ute/pickup/whatever you would call it has to be pretty lively at the back end, no weight there and everything...

Fastforward to 5:04. Or even better, open the video at youtube, and click the 1911 button.

Yeah, yeah, some Vauxhall Omega's and Ford Granada's that have their roof cut off behind it's driver seats, we allready know them.

...not really relevant those Holdens to us, cause no one can afford them to pay for petrol, and those who can, will buy an Challenger or a Mustang instead, thats down to one big problem: Its only sold in the UK, in RHD.

If I want an RHD supersports saloon or something, I rather get an Skyline. (I hate to say this, but I have to)

Yeah, yeah, some Vauxhall Omega's and Ford Granada's that have their roof cut off behind it's driver seats, we allready know them.

...not really relevant those Holdens to us, cause no one can afford them to pay for petrol, and those who can, will buy an Challenger or a Mustang instead, thats down to one big problem: Its only sold in the UK, in RHD.

If I want an RHD supersports saloon or something, I rather get an Skyline. (I hate to say this, but I have to)

Not really in the same class, holden and hsv's excel at being extremely comfortable and cruisy - they just happen to have a shitload of power

And are comparatively (in Australia) a metric fuckton cheaper than an equiv. euro barge.

So it turns out this isn't M's first time :lol:

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/04/05/51-m-stillborns-press.jpg

And before anyone complains that it looks like some guy's hack job in his garage, that E30 was shown in the BMW M garage at the F10 M5 unveiling, and the ZS number plate prefix means that its a BMW Individual Program vehicle (IIRC).
But yes, that looks like it was more likely done by the Top Gear trio rather than the M division, and its not in too good shape either.

Last edited:
I want a ute version of this:

Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG1.jpeg

It'd be a brilliant burnout car.

Holy crap! There's a pickup in existence that I actually...want?!

Okay, so there's only one of them. Two if you count the older version. But...but......WIN. :wub: