Gran Turismo 5

A-Spec: 40
B-Spec: 40

Just got to grind Air of Experience and get 1,000 cars and I'm done with this game (Stuff doing the last 3 A-Spec enduros until saves come).

Meh, I don't even know my A-spec/B-spec levels. I played GT4 for years and years, off and on, and plan to do the same here. No point in grinding, there's plenty of time. Most of my money has been poured into car upgrades and most of my time spent in practice mode or re-doing races with completely the wrong car (I love getting new seasonal events too).

Yeah I'm the same way. I'm at 28/19 or something like that but right now I'm spending most of my time making a ballin' list of favorite cars for split screen races for when friends are over. Mostly different interesting cars with mild performance upgrades and stuff.

I might be one of the only guys using split screen on here. Anyone notice there's no tire smoke in 2p?

I use it as well, and I have noticed. Graphics are downgraded in general. I suppose it's to be expected, plenty of other games do the same.

But screw this "mild performance upgrades" crap, my 280 HP Fiat 500 will show you the true power of a giant turbo :lol:

I agree, but in many cases the cars become too twitchy for my friends to drive. I actually prefer a balls to the wall maximum power machine but not everybody does. Also I try to use sports exhaust whenever possible. Keeps some V8's sounding the way they should.

I just wish I had infinite money so I could really use the game to its full potential. You should get a million credits every time you log in. Even then some cars would still be totally unreachable to the non-hardcore gamer.

The seasonal events really helped with that for me, I have way more money than I need. Even bought the Ferrari F1 just to say I did the races...

I generally spend about 300k tuning a car, but then it takes significant time to get it set up so its drivable. Once I get there I'll run it in some races to try to make some money back, usually whatever race is completely inappropriate (ran that 500 in the European championship race, won against Astons, Jags, AMG Mercs... :lol:)

^With great power, comes great responsibility.
My Panda is a bitch, it rolls over on every corner. You can tune it if you want Victor? :p

Seriously, send it to me, I'll give it a shot. Weird that it rolls, never seen a car behave like that... do you run it with racing tires? I tend to stick with sports for street cars.

Ah I forgot how awesome this game was. I took a little break there.

I just did the 80's Jap car race at R246. I got to the lead pack and it was a Sprinter and two Miatas going balls out 3 wide into turn 1. My mom had just walked in the room and she was all "oh my god!"

Man the AI is cool.

Last edited:
Seriously, send it to me, I'll give it a shot. Weird that it rolls, never seen a car behave like that... do you run it with racing tires? I tend to stick with sports for street cars.

I'll send it in a few minutes, all bolt-ons with racing tyres. Take it around TG. :blink:

EDIT: Lambo events up. :D

Last edited:
I hate Toscana at night, can't see a thing without the driving line.

I remember when I first got the game and the Merci LP Chrome Edition was fantastic to drive. Now it sucks, can't see how a awd car with soft racing tires could be that tail happy in turns.

I hate Toscana at night, can't see a thing without the driving line.

I remember when I first got the game and the Merci LP Chrome Edition was fantastic to drive. Now it sucks, can't see how a awd car with soft racing tires could be that tail happy in turns.

I was 10 seconds a lap slower in darkness, which made the AI catch up. First lap of Toscana, the AI clipped the mud and spun. :mrgreen:

I'll send it in a few minutes, all bolt-ons with racing tyres. Take it around TG. :blink:

EDIT: Lambo events up. :D

I'll have to try that, I haven't manage to roll a car without the help of a curb or some other off-track element :lol:

But is sounds like it can probably be solved by dropping the suspension and maybe stiffening it as well.

I'll have to try that, I haven't manage to roll a car without the help of a curb or some other off-track element :lol:

But is sounds like it can probably be solved by dropping the suspension and maybe stiffening it as well.

34 MPH rollover. <_<

Semi-related Giantbomb quick look at Nascar 2011, the AI ram happens in this too. But the mechanics seem better than GT5 Nascar.

Linky

Does your life feel less empty? :p
Seriously: congrats.