The "Things that annoy me" thread

People who think they're funnier/wittier/more clever than they actually are. Rrrrr.

Those who do not know the difference between "Their", "They're" and "There", and the ones who spell "should have" as "should of". I'm foreign and learned this 10 years ago, learn the language you speak would you?

You have a greater understanding than, I don't know, 50% of the younger people who speak english as a first language. You are winner.

Those who do not know the difference between "Their", "They're" and "There", and the ones who spell "should have" as "should of". I'm foreign and learned this 10 years ago, learn the language you speak would you?
I wonder to what extent it's easier to spell a foreign language as opposed to your native one.
My native language is Dutch and I have a lot more trouble with spelling in that language than I do in English.
Perhaps it's maybe the fact that you tend to learn your native language phonetically and very young obviously, while a foreign language is probably learned mostly by reading at a later age.

I think it also makes a difference in grammar. In your native language, you never think about parts of speech or sentence structure, it just comes naturally. You pick the word that "sounds right." This doesn't work with a foreign language so you have to pay attention.

I think it also makes a difference in grammar. In your native language, you never think about parts of speech or sentence structure, it just comes naturally. You pick the word that "sounds right." This doesn't work with a foreign language so you have to pay attention.

That is true. I noticed that with the dialect of my area. It has no standardized written form, so when people (who have not studied linguistics) who speak it try to write it down, they come up with some strings of letters that are clearly several words glued together. They always heard them together, they thought they were single words, even if they aren't (I can tell because the grammatical structure is similar to other languages I know).

Those* who *CONSTANTLY* WHINE AND COMPLAIN, seemingly hiding safely behind, "I just needed to vent among friends..." Whining, complaining, fishing, WHATEVER...it's simply not going to improve one's situation. You know what does? ACTION...even a little. Having/making goals. Etc. Everyone has serious shit happening to them in life, you know? Venting is good, sure - good to get things out and off one's chest - but when there's *consistent* venting yet NEVER any action to better one's situation...

And that is all. Except, this is the second time I've posted in the Things that annoy me thread today. :O Must dial down overall annoyed feelings, seems. ;)

*NOT aimed at anyone in particular.

Last edited:
Those* who CONSTANTLY WHINE AND COMPLAIN, seemingly hiding safely behind, "I just needed to vent among friends..."
I agree with you, but I do hope the irony of your post did occur to you. ;-)

Haha, but I'm not constantly whining and complaining about those who constantly whine and complain. ;)

Having multiple websites I regularly visit down at once so I have absolutely nothing to do online <_<

Live Journal too, which is really pissing me off because I need to respond to some messages and it has been down almost 6 hours :mad:

Setting up a blog with the intention of only letting one person see it. If anyone else finds this blog, they will see it as the most pretentious, pathetic and sad piece of drivel ever published on the internet.

Last edited:
Setting up a blog with the intention of only letting one person see it. If anyone else finds this blog, they will see it as the most pretentious, pathetic and sad piece of drivel ever published on the internet.

That would be an amazing accomplishment. Have you seen the Internet?