Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson Cheats on Wife with Pretty Blonde

Point_over_your_head.jpg

Reactions: MWF
This is getting ridiculous - there's no new material from The Mirror but other rags are getting into speculation and nastiness and it's just unnecessary. If it happened, fair enough, leave them alone to sort it out, and if it didn't, let the story die now. In the wake of nothing new to report, I'm seeing personal attacks and increasingly desperate writing (an article in the Express was particularly 'good' - it boiled down to 'we went to Ms Sage's house, she wouldn't talk to us so we talked to her neighbours, none of whom either knew Ms Sage or had ever spotted Mr Clarkson visiting'). It is beginning to have that car crash fascination now, and that's horrible considering it's real peoples' actual lives the press are potentially fucking up.

People have affairs all the time, for many different reasons. This is not, in itself, news, no matter how famous the people involved. During the latter years of my marriage, I had several. I'm not proud of the fact, but nor am I particularly ashamed of it, because there were reasons. OK, so the people here who know me well will know that the reasons were fairly extreme, but even so, they weren't the reason my marriage ended (for the record, neither was my husband's gender reassignment - yes, really - but the fact that in the end he was a bullying, workshy *insert very bad word of your choice because not sure of FG's policy on the one I usually use* regardless of whether he actually had a *insert the word I normally use*or not may have had more than a little to do with it). The thing is, 'Married Woman Has Sex With Other People' is hardly a headline. Even 'Married Woman Who Once Presented An Episode Of A Local TV Show About Death* Has Sex With Other People - Eros And Thanatos To Blame' isn't a headline (though it's possibly a punchline... must store that for later use). I suppose it's part of celebrity culture that you have no private life, but it has never seemed acceptable to me that the press can judge and speculate and publish pages of copy taking the moral high ground when they don't necessarily know where the moral high ground is. But really? My private life makes me very glad not to be famous.

And what if there's an element of truth to the stories, but they have an 'understanding'? That's none of our business either. I know plenty of people with unconventional marriages (for those wondering about such things, they got married because they love each other - that it works is all that matters), and while it does take some getting used to, it's not something to judge them for, or to assume doesn't exist because it doesn't fit with our personal world view. I just wish the media wouldn't decide on a target and attack it until it falls over. Some elements of the British press have been gunning for Jeremy for years. That's got to be pretty bloody wearing, and if one of these days he says 'Look, I'm in my fifties, I don't need any more of this shit, I'm off to write books in Barbados,' I wouldn't blame him at all.

Um... not really sure how I got all that from being marginally pissed off with the press, but yeah. Sorry about that...

*Richard O'Brien's Dead Strange - I think it might have been episode 2, but I'm not sure. I did an article on Victorian funerary symbolism. Well, everyone needs a hobby...

I'd be genuinely disappointed if this turns out to be true, but then again i don't think it is.
Frances and Jeremy must have a very strong bond, her being his sidekick in business and all.

I refuse to read much about it, i'll see what Jeremy has to say about it in his column.
He better speak the truth, he knows his on thin ice.

No news, but a nice little comment piece in the Telegraph that rather sums up Jeremy....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8438877/Jeremy-Clarkson-Mr-Mid-Life-Crisis.html

It?s that he is Mr Mid-Life Crisis, a man who drives fast cars, wears denim, leather and aviators, the bloke?s bloke who spends much of his time getting angry with a world that has made him a multi-millionaire.

Damn. That's some big-ass truth bombs Ms. Gordon's dropping there.

Just curious . Why does anyone here think Jeremy Clarkson HAS to tell the truth to us ? If I was having an extra marital affair there's only two people I'd tell. They've been friends of mine FOREVER and none of them are on any of the forii I'm a member of.....Unless we are good friends of his who know him in real and cyber life and have a special connection with him I don't think he has to tell us anything

I looked over this discussion when the 'story' first broke and it was all speculation and a lot of we don't really care, whatever. I come back to discussions on polyamory and pictures of Frances in a bikini.

There are essentially two things that disturb me about this story, two, and they are:

1. He allegedly fed her salad - salad is the least sexy thing you could possibly feed someone with the exception of baked beans. Just, no.
2. With his fingers: urgh, nicotine finger fed lettuce *gags*

Now even though I'll admit I have a fondness for Jeremy (and his wife, threesome?! Ahem) this is just wrong, and unsexy, and that is clearly what counts about the article.

1. He allegedly fed her salad - salad is the least sexy thing you could possibly feed someone with the exception of baked beans. Just, no.

It might've been celery

"Celery" is even worse!

My 2d (I am that old) worth. ?

1. None of my business
2. If you are going to cheat on your wife then it had better be with a beautiful blond, and not some old slapper a la Wayne Rooney - OK?

2. If you are going to cheat on your wife then it had better be with a beautiful blond, and not some old slapper a la Wayne Rooney - OK?

If this story is all nonsense, which I like most of you think it is, Phillipa Sage is just as much a victim of it as Jeremy. Even more, because she isn't a public figure and not used to this kind of media attention. Comments on the way she looks then, just aren't very nice. :(

Last edited:
If this story is all nonsense, which I like most of you think it is, Phillipa Sage is just as much a victim of it as Jeremy. Even more, because she isn't a public figure and not used to this kind of media attention. Comments on the way she looks then, just aren't very nice. :(

Well said.

If I was either of them, I wouldn't want to sleep with the other one. Rough customers, so why not get a bit of better looking strange on the side if you are both up for it.

I dunno how the paps get such awful looking photos, I mean that second one looks like she's been in a fire at some stage in the day. She also looks like someone recently sucked out 5 stone worth of fat, deflated would be a good word.

Some "sources" get named in this one (April 10th story, not sure if it surfaced before)
http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainment/article1010846.ece/Fame-puts-spanner-in-Clarksons-sex-life
Pernille Olufsson saw Clarkson kissing and cuddling a woman in an Oslo hotel. Believing the controversial car reviewer was with his wife, she asked "Mr and Mrs Clarkson" if she could take a photograph.

Later she discovered that the woman with the "sheepish" Clarkson was not his spouse, but his alleged mistress.

Now the photograph of the couple is hot property.

Olufsson said the two had "acted like newlyweds".

"Their arms were nearly always touching or linked, and they were giggling a lot."

Last edited:
I was referring to the 'general case' - not the particular person nor alligation. And I agree with your comment actually she is.

Some "sources" get named in this one (April 10th story, not sure if it surfaced before)
http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainment/article1010846.ece/Fame-puts-spanner-in-Clarksons-sex-life

Yep, it's been about for a week or so. Not sure why they say the photo's hot property, the UK tabloids have printed it - it's a blurry cameraphone photo of Jeremy looking like he does on every cameraphone photo - slightly irritated, but given that he's usually inclined to tell people with cameraphones to sod off, not excessively so, whilst Ms Sage stands next to him grinning. Like every other photo that's surfaced, it's not, in itself, in any way incriminating, and knowing how he usually reacts to cameraphones (there plenty of reports of the incident in Australia recently), if he was doing something he wouldn't want to be seen, he'd have been a lot less compliant.

There was an article in the Daily Star today that was quite interesting for a number of reasons (if you disregard the fact that the Star isn't actually classed as a newspaper at all by some people - it's kind of like a daily National Enquirer with breasts and soccer, and has ended up in all kinds of trouble in the past for being a bit dodgy) - mainly that it does broadly seem to match up with what people who've seen Jeremy at various events have said in the past:

?Jeremy enjoys being the life and soul of the party and loves spending time in the company of female friends.

?That?s fine because there?s nothing wrong with having platonic female friends, but not if you are one of the most well-known television personalities in the world.

?Friends have warned Jeremy to tone it down and not be so brazen with his female friends, but he obviously hasn?t taken their words on board.?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/185681/CLARKSON-STOP-GEAR/

tbh i think id sleep with clarkson just to be able to listen to his pilow talk! Hilarious i bet!

:thumbup::clap:

I know I'm a bit weird and mostly gay, but I would too :blush:

(some people find big, middle aged and squidgy an attractive combination)

In any case, none of us has the full story, none of us can say what is and what is not going on.

At the end of the day, it is a private matter between JC and his wife. I don't know why any of us should care. It was the same with the whole Clinton affair thing. Never understood why people cared so freaking much. His wife should care. He should care. But the rest of us?

And GreenBullet, he has written about opposing gay marriage? I would like to read that, can't remember anything like that.

And people are, and will always be, hypocrites on some level. Who can say with a straight face that they think being unfaithful is acceptable? But people do it anyway.

And GreenBullet, he has written about opposing gay marriage? I would like to read that, can't remember anything like that.

Yes, but I really can't remember the date of the article. Maybe anyone else remembers?
If the whole affair fuss it true, it seems weird that someone with such strong beliefs against say, gay marriage, would be so liberal with cheating, or open marriage scenarios (as others suggested, who knows really...) That's why it's difficult to keep from commenting, even if in the end it is a personal matter. Which it is...

EDIT: Found it. It's in the World According to Clarkson v.2
Feb 24, 2004 (Oldie)

"Some homosexual people were on the television news complaining about George W. Bush?s views on same-sex weddings, and I thought: am I going mad?
Of course you can?t have same-sex weddings. It undermines the whole point of marriage, the concept that two people form a stable unit in which children can be conceived and raised. Arguing that homosexuals should be allowed to marry is as silly as arguing that I should be allowed to play for Manchester United.
I was born with the ball skills of an emperor penguin, so I can?t play football. Andrew Lloyd Webber was born with a face like a melted wellington, so he can?t be a model. And if you?re born with a predilection for members of the same genital group, you can?t get married. Get over it."

Last edited: