2011 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX

Any way of watching practice? OneHD is only showing quali and the race :(

Was there a reason why Webber didn't set a proper time until the last 5min? I saw he was down in 24th for the first 55min of practice and feared something had happened with the car.

HRT yes! :D

Don't think anyone thought it was gonna be that close between Red Bull and McLaren!

wow well done to Vettel for pole, damn well done to both Renaults and Mclarens in qualifying.

Cant wait for tomorrow

Also, kinda pissed that they show all the inboard cameras with the useful DRS/KERS/speedometer info except for the RBR cars... Coincidence? Or does FOM not want us to know about their KERS? :p

Omg I was so happy when Hamilton improved on the 35.000 and I was so sure, SO SURE, that he had pole in the bag. BUT NO, VETTEL COMES ALONG YET AGAIN.

UGH! Anyone but vettel cmon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rage.

Great lap by Vettel, it had to have been because we saw Hamilton do a 1:35.000 which looked pretty spot on to me through all the corners. He beat it again later and Vettel of course did as well. The Red Bull is still the best car though. Hamilton extracted everything his McLaren had to offer and still came up a little short. Which is ok, plenty more to come from them yet through-out the season. Ferrari have a lot to do, Alonso almost a second off the pace.

Not him again...

Anyway the gap is much much smaller than in Australia, which is a good sign. Also, I think that RBR did not use KERS this quali. If they won't make it work anytime soon I think they will have some problems.

Last edited:
fucking german! :D i already had my arm in the air, and then he finishes his lap :mad:

the race tomorrow will be great! and as brundle said, during 3 of the 4 last editions, the pole sitter hasn't been able to make it past the first corner in first place!

Nice to see McLaren giving RBR a run there. And nice to see a tense end to Q3.

Nice to see that someone can fight with RBR, though I would prefer Ferrari instead of McLaren. ;) Sad Alonso sums it all very good, the gap is really big.

Good job by Renault once again. I think both Heidfeld and Petrov can do well tomorrow. Also nice try from Sauber, look like they are the only team which can fight with big guys.

Can someone explain what happened with Williams? They were so confident about their pace before the season and now it looks like Lotus can catch them (in quali at least). And interesting surprise from HRT. Not only they were under 107% but also not that far behind Virgin. I know they had to use 2010 front wing in Australia, but this has to be some bigger update.

fucking german! :D i already had my arm in the air, and then he finishes his lap :mad:

the race tomorrow will be great! and as brundle said, during 3 of the 4 last editions, the pole sitter hasn't been able to make it past the first corner in first place!

That's cos that first corner is a real bitch! (coming from playing it in F1 2010)

Well I hope that trend continues then. Should Hamilton get ahead into turn one I can see a good race developing, although I wouldnt be too disappointed if he disappeared off into the distance, however unlikely! :p

Anyone but Vettel to win, please. Preferably Button or Webber.

Settler said:
I know they had to use 2010 front wing in Australia, but this has to be some bigger update.

Dunno about any update, I think it's more a case of them putting more miles down on the car than anything. I dont expect them to finish the race tomorrow though. As for Williams, they just look slow. They didnt look too bad in Australia but clearly they're struggling here.

Last edited:
That was a great quali session. Good to see it that close. I think the race is gonna be a cracker, especially if Lewis gets ahead in the first few laps, or if it rains...

God damn Vettel! I was watching Live Timing as I had no TV available (#^&@%*^&#$%)and was just sitting there waiting for Vettel to finish his lap hoping to god he won't be quicker than Hamilton :(

Live Timing of course wasn't working right but the commentary saved it for me and I was able to follow through that.

yeah boy. Good one for Vettel : )

Come on Ferrari.. =( :(