The Android thread

:rofl:

Hmm, I just tried to purchase an app via the market webpage, but when I try to push it onto my device all I get is a "requested item could not be found" error.

Hmm, I just tried to purchase an app via the market webpage, but when I try to push it onto my device all I get is a "requested item could not be found" error.
Is it possible that the web page is displaying items not necessarily filtered for your device / carrier / region? There are certain apps that don't show up for me due to small-ish screen size and old processor architecture, for example, and some carriers impose limiations on tethering apps and such.

Well I sent the developer an email, so lets see.

Rumours are that the HTC phone codenamed "Pyramid" will be launched in the UK as the HTC Sensation on 12th April.

Some are speculating that the rumour is wrong and that Sensation is the next version of HTC Sense.

Last edited:
Ugh...I hate waiting on a rumored device. Verizon...I have this thing..called idk....money. I'm willing to spend it on anything but Motorola's shitty Droid #/Pro phones (primary gripe = keyboard)

Ball's in your court Verizon, you know what device I want....<_<

Last edited:
Ugh...I hate waiting on a rumored device. Verizon...I have this thing..called idk....money. I'm willing to spend it on anything but Motorola's shitty Droid #/Pro phones (primary gripe = keyboard)

Ball's in your court Verizon, you know what device I want....<_<

omg get uh verizon iphone da kb is soooo gud u wont even need a cliky 1.

omg get uh verizon iphone da kb is soooo gud u wont even need a cliky 1.

Hahah, It'll be a cold day in hell before you find an iPhone in my hand.

It just seems like the age of a physical keyboard is dead in Verizon's eyes. I just hope they pull through with the Merge, 8 months late as it is..

Except that most PCs are stationary... from what I heard the Android app was actually transmitting location data.

Edit: The linked article says GPS data is shared too. That is not kosher IMO.

Last edited:
The linked article doesn't know what it's talking about:

• Network communication:
    full Internet access, (for streaming the actual content)
    create Bluetooth connections (for streaming to bluetooth headset)
  • Your personal information:
    read contact data, (see below)
    add or modify calendar events and send email to guests (group station listening?)
  • Phone calls:
    read phone state and identity (pause playback on incoming phone call)
  • System tools:
    modify global system settings, (no idea what this one does)
    prevent device from sleeping, (self explanitory)
    bluetooth administration, (as before)
    change Wi-Fi state, (self explaintory)
    change network connectivity (self explanitory)
  • Network communication:
    view network state, (prerequisite for streaming)
    view Wi-Fi state (prerequisite for streaming)
  • System tools:
    automatically start at boot (this is an option)

Although that read contact data concerns me. Unless just like say Twitter or Skype, it has the ability to sync your Pandora contacts with your phone contacts. I wouldn't know, Pandora stopped working for me years ago. :(

Hahah, It'll be a cold day in hell before you find an iPhone in my hand.

It just seems like the age of a physical keyboard is dead in Verizon's eyes. I just hope they pull through with the Merge, 8 months late as it is..

Droid 3 is coming soon and that keyboard looks quite good, they even added a 5th row with numbers!

Motorola-DROID-3.jpg

Droid 3 is coming soon and that keyboard looks quite good, they even added a 5th row with numbers!

Motorola-DROID-3.jpg

While its undoubtedly an improvement over the Droid 1/Droid 2 in the keyboard department...its still a mess:

Why are some rows more staggered than others?

The keys appear to be mushy membrane keys like Droid 1/Droid 2. I have trouble with the Droid 1's spacebar...if you hit it between the three "buttons" that it covers, then nothing happens. Annoying if you're typing at a fast clip.

The keys themselves still look a bit small. The keys on Merge or even Touch Pro 2 look bigger. It's as if Motorola never knows what to do space wise to get the key size right.

Well, I have owned both Droid 1 and Droid 2 at this point, and I can tell you first hand that the Droid 2 style keyboard is very easy to type on. It took me a second to get used to the slightly more spread out design, but I can say with great confidence that the Droid 2 layout is quite nice. Oh, I have what most people describe as giant hands, and if I can type on this thing quickly, I see no reason for the rest of the planet to have an issue.

Last edited:
I was going to say that, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to switch from Verizon, especially not to T-Mobile right now.

Why would you get a branded one? It is like 20 cheaper.

Last edited: