Post a pic of yourself

Look at this geek, he thinks he's a racing driver!

http://img848.imageshack.**/img848/764/mewithcar.jpg

Some say that his morning coffee is brewed by Mobil 1, and that his time at work today could have been spent being productive. All we know is, he's not he Stig. No really, he's not the Stig.
Photoon2011-04-12at1628.jpg

Look at this geek, he thinks he's a racing driver!

http://img848.imageshack.**/img848/764/mewithcar.jpg
I will testify that Madcat360 did very well at the races this weekend. I worked on the tow crew while he was racing. He constantly advanced his position! Good work, man!

+rep

If you think we only have pretty girls on FG you are joking. That's like saying every guy is as handsome as the last one.

Statistically false. You could argue that preferences and the like, combined with their interest in cars makes someone more attractive as a whole package. If I were to do a double blinded study on FG members pictures interspersed with a SRS of non-FG members, we could find if there was a statistically significant difference in the mean attractiveness score, with a 0.05 alpha level.

I think - and I'm going way out on a limb here - but he was trying to be nice, because of unbreakable's comment.

I think - and I'm going way out on a limb here - but he was trying to be nice, because of unbreakable's comment.

and i think raptor was trying to be funny by sounding smart hahaha

and i think raptor was trying to be funny by sounding smart hahaha

Not really, I'm dead serious. Everyone's all back slapping congratulations you're awesome and good looking and incredibly smart and a good person...for everything. Everyone can't be awesome at everything, doesn't fucking happen. Which is partly what I think is wrong with society in general, too many consolation prizes, and sportsmanship awards, and thanks for participating trophies.

Not really, I'm dead serious. Everyone's all back slapping congratulations you're awesome and good looking and incredibly smart and a good person...for everything.
I do hope that most people come here to have a good time with the occasional discussion mixed in. Niceties go well with the former, the latter goes very badly with self-pic threads.

I do hope that most people come here to have a good time with the occasional discussion mixed in. Niceties go well with the former, the latter goes very badly with self-pic threads.

And yet I've seen members absolutely tear into another members car. As car people they are an extension of ourselves, so it is just as hurtful to call a car a shitbox as to call a person ugly, and the abuse that goes on in Post Your Car is legendary.

You're the best RaptorJesus. The rest of us are not even close. I'm sorry if I ever complimented anyone on anything undeserved, from now on I will measure everything on the scale from 0 to RaptorJesus.

I wouldn't ever call someone ugly, because I'm nice enough. On the other hand I'm not obsequious whenever someone puts up a pic.

Edit: I also know I'm not nearly the nicest, or best looking, or smartest, or anything on this board. Many people are better in every category, but at least I'm honest with my self that I'm not the shiniest car in the lot.

Last edited:
And yet I've seen members absolutely tear into another members car. As car people they are an extension of ourselves, so it is just as hurtful to call a car a shitbox as to call a person ugly, and the abuse that goes on in Post Your Car is legendary.
Do you honestly believe that everyone agrees with your idea that a car is an extension of one's personality?

I wouldn't ever call someone ugly, because I'm nice enough. On the other hand I'm not obsequious whenever someone puts up a pic.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all... is that so hard?

Do you honestly believe that everyone agrees with your idea that a car is an extension of one's personality?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all... is that so hard?

Thats exactly what I do, I never say anything bad.

Definition of OBSEQUIOUS
: marked by or exhibiting a fawning attentiveness
? ob?se?qui?ous?ly adverb
? ob?se?qui?ous?ness noun

Its the constant ZOMG HOT that gets annoying.

Thats exactly what I do, I never say anything bad.

Definition of OBSEQUIOUS
: marked by or exhibiting a fawning attentiveness
? ob?se?qui?ous?ly adverb
? ob?se?qui?ous?ness noun

Its the constant ZOMG HOT that gets annoying.

It really depends on how you say it. Saying "ZOMG HOT" can be rude for the opposite sex. If this discussion started by my simple compliment of saying that someone is pretty, which part did I go wrong? It was my opinion anyway, and I was saying it as compliment and of course with respect

It really depends on how you say it. Saying "ZOMG HOT" can be rude for the opposite sex. If this discussion started by my simple compliment of saying that someone is pretty, which part did I go wrong? It was my opinion anyway, and I was saying it as compliment and of course with respect

I guess you've missed the countless pages of "Hello" :may: that take place every time a girl puts up a picture. Not even when it's the first time they've posted a picture, but every time they do. I guess my beef is that people should get over the fact that some car fans possess vaginas, and all the constant horndogging is beating a dead horse into a pulp and then grinding that pulp up.

If this discussion started by my simple compliment of saying that someone is pretty, which part did I go wrong? It was my opinion anyway, and I was saying it as compliment and of course with respect
You didn't simply say someone is pretty. You said someone is prettier than the other women on the forum. That could be perceived as insulting to the other women. You didn't mean it in that manner, I'm sure, but that doesn't mean you were being nice to the rest of us.

Please note, unbreakable, I'm not trying to attack you or yell. You asked where you went wrong, and I'm explaining a potential negative interpretation of what you said. :)