Awesome Thread

Last edited:
Some natural awesome, spoilered for the benefit of arachnophobes.......

Goliath-bird-eatin_1870695i.jpg

Goliath bird eating spider (Theraphosa blondi). The largest (by mass) spider in the world, reaching the weight of 170g and leg span of 30cm. Observed by RAP scientists in Guyana in 2006. They live in burrows on the floor of lowland rainforests and despite the name feed primarily on invertebrates (but have been observed eating small mammals, lizards and even venomous snakes). They have venom fangs (not deadly to humans) but their main line of defence are urticating hairs that cover their entire body ? when threatened their rub their legs agains the abdomen and send a cloud of microscopic barbs that lodge in the skin and mucus membranes of the attacker, causing pain and long-lasting irritation.

Agreed, even if not deadly to humans I'd think twice about pissing it off.

Agreed, even if not deadly to humans I'd think twice about pissing it off.
It's mostly harmless still, just keep it away from your face. Heck, I had one on my hands during a macro photography course... :p

The Goliath birdeater is fairly harmless to humans, as are most species of tarantulas. Like all tarantulas, they have fangs large enough to break the skin of a human (0.75?1.5 inches or 1.9?3.8 cm). They carry venom in their fangs and have been known to bite when threatened, but the venom is relatively harmless and its effects are comparable to those of a wasp's sting. Also when threatened they rub their abdomen with their hind legs and release hairs that are a severe irritant to the skin and mucus membranes. They are urticating hairs that can even be harmful to humans, and are considered by some to be the most harmful tarantula urticating hair of all. Tarantulas generally bite humans only in self-defense, and these bites do not always result in envenomation (known as a "dry bite"). The Goliath birdeater has poor eyesight and mainly relies on vibrations in the ground that it can sense from its burrow.
According to wiki

It does take a bit of an effort to piss it off still, it's not agressive by nature, like a Sydney Funnel Web, or Brazilian Wandering Spider... Wouldn't touch either of those... ;)

[video]http://youtu.be/b7KYAVIOAMI[/video]

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/04/13/n3uFq.jpg

No love for the old Sega Master System either.

Yeah, i found the site that sells them, they only made the 6

octane-120.jpg

Who said you can't drink and drive? Not only does the Octane 120 Beer Arcade Machine ($6,000) support it, it even includes a kegerator behind the rear seat ? with a secondary tap in the dash ? so you don't have to pull over to get a refill. Other features include leather wrapping on the fully adjustable, force-feedback steering wheel and on the seat, metal gas, clutch, and brake pedals, a Full HD projector up front, an integrated gaming PC with 200 racing and arcade video games and PS3 connectivity for good measure, a conveniently placed cup holder, and the ability to swerve with impunity.
octane-120-xl.jpg

http://www.dreamarcades.com/octane120.shtml

stiggie, you evil bastard! :lol:

Must spread more invasive species.........