Windows 7 pre-release??

Mercury

Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
So I recently upgraded my home PC from Win 7 32bit to win 7 64bit (fresh install) and noticed I'm not getting SP1 on win update. I investigated the problem and then I got an error saying I have a pre-release version of Windows and it is not supported... To this I have to ask WTF???

Both my installation DVDs (x86 and x64) came from MSDN and my copy is legal as my work place provides me with a copy for my home PC. The ISO I downloaded from MSDN says RTM right on it and this did not happen with the 32Bit version...
When I check winver it says Build 7600 which as far as I know IS the RTM release but it refuses to acknowledge that this is the final version... Same thing happens when I try to update to IE9.

Anyone have any idea how to deal with this? I googled for it and couldn't find anything useful, all I find is people saying I have to reinstall using a final version but as far as I know I already did...

BTW I checked the cversion.ini file in my ISO and it reads:

[HostBuild]
MinClient=7233.0
MinServer=7100.0

Exactly the same as my 32bit ISO...

Hmmm I just rechecked and it seems the info on my cversion.ini file does indicate a pre-release version, which is weird because if that's true why didn't I have the same problem with my 32bit ISO? I got SP1 and everything was running pretty smoothly.

I'll just go to MSDN when I get to work and get a different ISO I suppose. This also means I'll have to reinstall damn it, after all this work restoring my PC I'm failed by MSDN :wall::bangin::censored::censored::censored:

Last edited:
I'm running Win7 x64 Ultimate also from MSDN, and I've not had any problems.

This is now just weird... I just downloaded an ISO off a torrent that has SP1 embedded in it and that one has the same specs in cversion.ini

I'm completely :?

We have a Microsoft Action Pack in the company. The ISO without SP1 contains the following:
Code:
[HostBuild]
MinClient=7233.0
MinServer=7100.0
The ISO with SP1 embedded contains the following:
Code:
[HostBuild]
MinClient=7601.0
MinServer=7601.0

Have you tried running SP1 in compatibility mode (set to Windows 7) and then rightclick on it and choose "Run as Administrator"?

We have a Microsoft Action Pack in the company. The ISO without SP1 contains the following:
Code:
[HostBuild]
MinClient=7233.0
MinServer=7100.0
The ISO with SP1 embedded contains the following:
Code:
[HostBuild]
MinClient=7601.0
MinServer=7601.0

Have you tried running SP1 in compatibility mode (set to Windows 7) and then rightclick on it and choose "Run as Administrator"?

Very strange this... I can't seem to figure it out...