2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

I know they are. Our problem is with qualifying, I think the F150 is a good base not saying that there isn't work to be done but the quali is really holding us back. That's why I miss fuel strategy.

Ferrari have good race pace, I dunno why everyone was moaning.They're on par with McLaren I think in terms of their race pace, but they're a lot slower in qualifying it would seem. I dont think Renault are ahead of either team, their car simply has very good traction which helps them off the line and basically makes sitting targets out of the Ferraris and McLarens. Alonso in particular, he hasn't made great getaways for the last two races at least.

That's super good news. I guess the superb performance of the Renault cars is willing him to recover faster

Why should we hate one of us?

Oh, dear man, the interwebz do not transmit this way of communicating very well :( Pointless then, innit?

the what?

Ferrari fans use the Italian word for fans (tifosi) for some daft reason. So really he is saying he is part of the fans which makes little sense.

Ferrari have good race pace, I dunno why everyone was moaning.They're on par with McLaren I think in terms of their race pace, but they're a lot slower in qualifying it would seem. I dont think Renault are ahead of either team, their car simply has very good traction which helps them off the line and basically makes sitting targets out of the Ferraris and McLarens. Alonso in particular, he hasn't made great getaways for the last two races at least.

The BBC clearly showed the difference between the McLaren and the Ferrari with a short clip from quali in Malaysia. McLaren could take the corner flat all the way while the Ferrari had to downshift once or twice.

I do however think that the very long straight in China will give a slight boost to Ferrari (with their good straight line speed), making them a tad closer to the top.

Last edited:
Ferrari fans use the Italian word for fans (tifosi) for some daft reason. So really he is saying he is part of the fans which makes little sense.

It's been used since your father had diapers, it's called tradition. However everything Ferrari will ever do will be daft to you, won't it?

It's been used since your father had diapers, it's called tradition. However everything Ferrari will ever do will be daft to you, won't it?

Just because something stupid originated a long time ago doesn't mean it isn't still stupid. The true Italian Ferrari fans never used tifosi as it would sound strange to them, it was the non-Italian speakers who adopted it largely because the British Press started to use it as a way to describe the passionate Italian fans. It is as daft as all Williams supporters deciding to collectively call themselves "The Fans".

Just because something stupid originated a long time ago doesn't mean it isn't still stupid. The true Italian Ferrari fans never used tifosi as it would sound strange to them, it was the non-Italian speakers who adopted it largely because the British Press started to use it as a way to describe the passionate Italian fans. It is as daft as all Williams supporters deciding to collectively call themselves "The Fans".

Dude I've never been to the UK and the world doesn't end there. I don't know if you have a source on that or if you're pulling it out of your ass (though I reckon, the latter) but it could have just been a case of a Ferrari representative with bad english, or a driver, some day many years ago saying "we like to thank our tifosi" and that sticking. And the true Italian Ferrari fans DO call themselves Tifosi. As well as many other supporters call themselves other things like "The 12th player" in many football clubs.

Dude I've never been to the UK and the world doesn't end there. I don't know if you have a source on that or if you're pulling it out of your ass (though I reckon, the latter) but it could have just been a case of a Ferrari representative with bad english, or a driver, some day many years ago saying "we like to thank our tifosi" and that sticking. And the true Italian Ferrari fans DO call themselves Tifosi. As well as many other supporters call themselves other things like "The 12th player" in many football clubs.

It was in a British newspaper some time in the early 2000's. They had a multiple page pull-out all about Ferrari celebrating Schumi's first title for them. Probably the Times but I'm not sure about that.

It was in a British newspaper some time in the early 2000's. They had a multiple page pull-out all about Ferrari celebrating Schumi's first title for them. Probably the Times but I'm not sure about that.

What part of "it's been used since your father had diapers" don't you understand? Calling Ferrari fans "tifosi" goes back way beyond 2000.

Well, the funny thing about Ferrari is that the first time i saw a F40 (model car only, mind you) when i was a wee lad, i was like

:motherofgod:

Same for Manchester United, but that was attributed to a certain Eric Cantona. :lol:

Back to F1, as seen in the first 2 practice sessions in the Chinese GP, god damn HRT, for a car with no testing it bested the Virgins. And probably no wind tunnel malarkey since they just agreed with Mercedes for the loan of 1 unused wind tunnel. Looks like Nick Wirth is not doing so well with his CFD only approach.

/dons_flame_retardant_suit

What part of "it's been used since your father had diapers" don't you understand? Calling Ferrari fans "tifosi" goes back way beyond 2000.

Of course it does, all Italian words go back before 2000. Do you randomly drop other Italian words into the middle of English sentences?
I'm going to go out tonight and order birra with my cibo and see what the waiter says.

Well, the funny thing about Ferrari is that the first time i saw a F40 (model car only, mind you) when i was a wee lad, i was like

:motherofgod:

Same for Manchester United, but that was attributed to a certain Eric Cantona. :lol:

Back to F1, as seen in the first 2 practice sessions in the Chinese GP, god damn HRT, for a car with no testing it bested the Virgins. And probably no wind tunnel malarkey since they just agreed with Mercedes for the loan of 1 unused wind tunnel. Looks like Nick Wirth is not doing so well with his CFD only approach.

/dons_flame_retardant_suit
There are fundamental differences between CFD and reality. Noticably, almost everything.

Of course it does, all Italian words go back before 2000. Do you randomly drop other Italian words into the middle of English sentences?
I'm going to go out tonight and order birra with my cibo and see what the waiter says.

Yes let's all assume we're all english and speak exclusively english and that anything that's not english is completely retarded and stupid <3