The 2012 Impreza is here

Oh, I definitely see some Mazda3 in those front wheel arches and the line down the side.

It's a Japanese compact car orgy up in this thing.

And it's butt-ugly. Is it an unspoken rule that the Impreza has to be ugly? It looks a bit MPV-ish in hatch form. OTOH, the new interior does look pretty decent, if a bit generic.

Those were the same words that were said regarding the 2008 Impreza Sedan/Hatches and they caught on...Subarus take a bit to get used to. I can get used to though a 36MPG AWD vehicle. That sounds perfect for a future vehicle! Bring on the WRX/STi, that may be more intriguing....

I don't like this current trend of big wheel arches and small wheels, I blame BMW for doing it on the 3 series years ago, now the car designing sheep have followed.

Overall it's not a bad looking car, it'll still look odd in saloon (I refuse to say sedan) version though so don't class it as a proper Impreza. Yes the old version weren't pretty but they looked 'correct' as a saloon.

Last edited:
Could it look more bland and generic?

i'm sorry, but you making that comment made me laugh :lol:
(quick, go snatch a pic of it :D)

you're right though! that rear looks like it wants to be a dodge caliber or sth :\

http://img855.imageshack.**/img855/9712/2011impreza.png
http://img718.imageshack.**/img718/7100/2012impreza.png

Not the same but as close as I could find, but both look fine to me...I'm liking the 2012 more though, it seems a bit less "slab-sided" than the current car. EDIT: I don't like the bulging fender thing :yucky:

Last edited:
That thing is hideous. I've always like Impreza's, well except for the bugeye, and this.

I think after a day of looking at this, it would actually look decent in sedan form if they'd just get rid of those silly wheel arches.

Could it look more bland and generic? The Impreza is dead.

You are absolutely right! Look at the old Impreza - it looked so exciting and like nothing else on the road.
SUIM9301-ucc.jpg

OH WAIT...
:lol:

The older ones always looked very similar to the Mirage/Lancer 4D/2D, Protege, etc. Welp, the new one looks... Interesting.

But shoot, 36 MPG? Whaaa. Wizardry! My Grandmother's 2007 Forester barely manages 27 MPG highway.

Also, that sedan version that Rick posted looks WAY too overtly aggressive for no reason. Do not want. The lines are in all the wrong places and unnecessary.

The hatchback looks... really bulky. I already thought the 2007+ models were getting bulky, then they went and one-upped themselves. I think it reminds me of the Caliber a bit, and I don't like the Caliber at all. (Less Mazda3, the older hatchbacks looked like a blatant Mazda3 ripoff, much like most of the 5D hatches.)

I personally like their hatchbacks. But that thing... eeesh. Roof racks.... no, just no.
Hopefully they redeem it with the WRX/STI versions.

Last edited:
found a photoshopped impression of the STI. looks pretty good!

Impreza1.jpg

Would they really sell a car with a ride height that low? Some of us like keeping the front bumper attached to the car.

Is it weird that I stopped caring about the Impreza when Subaru stopped rallying?