Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's optimized short links for sharing on twitter or other sites where character input is restricted. The youtu.be link redirects you to the proper youtube page, it doesn't actually contain the video, that's why the video tag breaks. Use the normal url or pester Viper to hack the plugin. Guess which one he'd be more willing you do. ;)

Got it sussed. Thanks guys.

or pester Viper to hack the plugin. Guess which one he'd be more willing you do. ;)

Viper is not available right now. He is in the realm of the Portal 2. Please leave a message and one day he might be arsed to respond :p *beeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Sorry if I've missed it, but when I try to put youtube links such as this one http://youtu.be/s-icFFqUFCA into normal Video it just displays the URL. Am i getting the wrong source info from youtube or is it something else?

Sorry, I don't think vBulletin supports those short URLs. Just use the URL in your address bar. ;)

the url you're trying to post is a bit.ly short version which is used on twitter etc. you should go to youtube and use that one...

(and to create that type of links: www.bit.ly)

Just because it's a short URL doesn't mean it came from bit.ly. ;)

youtu.be is owned by YouTube/Google.

Is anyone else having to log in again whenever they restart their web browser?

I do, but I set my browser to deny cookies for just about everything.

Is anyone else having to log in again whenever they restart their web browser?

What is this "restart their web browser" you speak of? :p

But no, not me. Delete your FG Forum cookies and try again.

Just noticed it today, full sizing an image only gives forum width size and not actual full size, is there an option in settings for that or does it break something? it was there before...

Sorry if has already been posted before. I went back about 5 pages, but didn't see it mentioned before.

For some reason videos and the url linking to them don't show up anymore when I visit the site from my iPhone or iPad. I just get a blank line. Things are okay when I visit from my PC notebook (Explorer). Other urls work fine, so there is likely a problem with the [v i d e o][/v i d e o] wraps.

Is it just me or do other people have the same problem? :-(

Last edited:
iPhone and iPad don't do flash.

I'm fully aware of that, but that's not the issue. YouTube videos don't show up either and all the links to videos do work on other forums I visit.

Yes, but iDevices have a dedicated Youtube app and videos are also stored in .mp4 format just for that purpose. You can find websites that translate Youtube links so you can download the MP4.

Ice is correct -- iOS devices don't support Flash. However I've swapped out the old-style embed for the newer style YouTube embed which supports iOS devices (it switched to HTML5-style embeds automatically). Enjoy!

Thanks Viper! I can now watch the videos when I visit the forum from my iPad. Unfortunately, videos still don't show up on my iPhone. Not that big a problem, but you might like to know.

Thanks Viper! I can now watch the videos when I visit the forum from my iPad. Unfortunately, videos still don't show up on my iPhone. Not that big a problem, but you might like to know.

It very, very likely won't affect existing posts because their content is cached.

The mobile theme also appears to strip embeds, but it plays fine for me on my iPhone using the desktop theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.