Random Thoughts....

its his evil twin!

i've found a good way to deal with the royal wedding here in england. turn the tv off. failing that, grab a brick and put it through the tv screen. i'll be honest. i've not thought that one through entirely and there may be slight repurcussions.

Seriously you guys?

The only contact I've had with the royal wedding is hearing everyone fucking moaning about it. Seriously, its not exactly hard to avoid if you learn to do things such as "change the web page" or "switch TV channels". Its just like everyone wants something to moan about with everyone else, I'd say its actually become almost fashionable to hate the damn wedding.

What universe are you in that the damned wedding isn't everywhere? The only reason I'm getting a respite now is because we're about to die from storms. Or so the news channel says.

Seriously you guys?

The only contact I've had with the royal wedding is hearing everyone fucking moaning about it. Seriously, its not exactly hard to avoid if you learn to do things such as "change the web page" or "switch TV channels". Its just like everyone wants something to moan about with everyone else, I'd say its actually become almost fashionable to hate the damn wedding.

This is known as the "Piss an Moan Club" also collectively known as "Hipsters." :p

Hey, I don't hate the actual wedding. I hate TV channels.

It seems that during mid-day, which is when jobless people or college students like me who only go two days a week seem to be on it's all talk shows or TELENOVELASSSSS/Soap Operas.

(The only things that aren't even touching it are ehhh channels like Comedy Central (I've seen all the interesting things, don't like to watch re-runs of Scrubs or Tosh.0 sometimes), FX, TNT, TBS, FailG4, lame MTV channels (reality garbage), cartoon channels (I don't like modern cartoons, they're too tame/dumbed for my tastes) and sports(maybe if it was all skateboarding and skiing, but usually Fuel is about snowboarding or that stupid Australian lifeguard show, but I do watch the skateboarding when they have it). Everything else is just garbage reality TV shows. (BBCA is guilty of this, they have been showing stuff like Royally Mad, Americans who went to England for the Wedding, gah. Who wants to watch some random Americans go and do that?)

What universe are you in that the damned wedding isn't everywhere? The only reason I'm getting a respite now is because we're about to die from storms. Or so the news channel says.

The one where he doesn't actually own a TV. :lol:

Also, I have to say this....

What the brown? Apparently SiriusXM is changing nearly all of their channel order and adding? channels. They are also eliminating a few channels it seems. I wonder what they are adding, because there's seemingly a gap between the channels they said they were moving around and the ones staying.

The only thing I can stand on TV, satellite radio. Lolol.

Guess its just cause' I don't watch much TV... well, don't own one to be honest, can't afford the license fee! :lol:

Edit - Kat is faster to give info about my life than I am. :lol:

mooglebunny said:
they have been showing stuff like Royally Mad, Americans who went to England for the Wedding, gah.
I actually saw some of the BBC news the other day and they were talking to this American woman who was crying with happiness because she could see the wedding. :wall:

Labcoatguy said:
Who are you and what have you done with captain_permamoan?
I alternate between being really neutral and calm and being opinionated and irritated by everything. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. :p

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not surprised honestly about some Americans who went there for that. Some people, including my own roommates, are totally obsessed with the whole celebrity thing (I don't think they know about the whole wedding, but they don't seem to be the kind who would care. Considering one is from Mexico I see why she wouldn't really care). My own stepmom, even. They love watching stuff like the whores on E! and Bravo and stuff like that. I dunno what their names are. I'm sure some of the Americans will know what I'm talking about.

All I have to say is that England is probably cashing in the tourist bucks right now though. I'm sure it's great business for hotels and stuff. Haha.

I just got convinced by a flamboyantly gay guy at Boston Common to give $50 to a charity. Man, that tax write-off (and those poor kids in India and Bangladesh) better be worth it. :|

There's a wedding going on?

You'd think so, it's all that they fucking talk about on our TV channels now. :roll:

I'm just grateful for the day off so I can go and hide somewhere, like the pub.

Edit: OK so I read a few posts further up and I appear to be one of the moaners mentioned, and I don't even deliberately watch the news. :lol:

Oh well I like to moan about something. :p

Last edited:
Was looking through Forbes' most wealthy Americans and you know it goes through all the usuals, waltons for walmart, gates, buffett.

Then it comes up to the picture of Steve Ballmer.

620x434.jpg

Now who does that remind you of? :lol:

OK, putting this here because it's not worth it's own thread and blah blah other reasons:

We have an oracle based database at work. When using the db, on one PC when the number 1 is pressed (either on the main keys or the numpad) the ^ (shift + 6) is shown. If the officer types in MS Word or any other application 1 appears as normal. We replaced the keyboard, and the same issue happens. Any ideas?

OK, putting this here because it's not worth it's own thread and blah blah other reasons:

We have an oracle based database at work. When using the db, on one PC when the number 1 is pressed (either on the main keys or the numpad) the ^ (shift + 6) is shown. If the officer types in MS Word or any other application 1 appears as normal. We replaced the keyboard, and the same issue happens. Any ideas?

Oracle? Is it Crystal Ball? We had to use that for a class...I didn't learn too much of it unfortunately.

No. It's a residential tenancy management system from Northgate. It seems every site calls it something different.

Can I get some help on this? At the last minute, some friends have suggested that you investigate a different shape for the container instead of the cylinder. The new packaging would still need to contain a volume of 5 litres of oil, but would hopefully have a smaller surface area to reduce the manufacturing costs. A cube and a sphere have been offered as two alternatives to the cylindrical container. However, your wife advises you that the sphere would not be a very practical container, unless it was made to sit into a flat plastic cradle (just for stability) to prevent it from rolling over on a hard flat surface. The cost of manufacturing has been estimated at $47 per square metres for the aluminum , labour costs have bee included in this figure. Investigate the cost of manufacturing the cube and the sphere suggestions above and determine the maximum cost of the plastic cradle (to be used with just the sphere) for this option to remain the cheaper alternative of these two last minute suggestions.

Last edited: