Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Something like an early 90's MR2 turbo.

Those are nice, but more grand tourer than corner-carver thanks to their weight. Plus with the engine bay so tightly packed and difficult to access, you will make enemies of many mechanics and their busted knuckles.

Those are nice, but more grand tourer than corner-carver thanks to their weight. Plus with the engine bay so tightly packed and difficult to access, you will make enemies of many mechanics and their busted knuckles.

Let's also not forget the complex and arcane process needed to bleed air out of the system after a coolant change... or the four gallons of coolant (minimum) you will need.

Famous Jeep SJ bumper sticker: "I'm Not Drunk, This Is Just How The Jeep Drives!"

That's pretty much how I felt in my Jeep CJ. I still can't believe I did 80mph in that thing.

Hell, that's how I feel driving a TJ. Second-worst vehicle I've driven, only because we used to have a K5 Blazer with power steering that sometimes worked.

Let's also not forget the complex and arcane process needed to bleed air out of the system after a coolant change... or the four gallons of coolant (minimum) you will need.

FOUR gallons? Why? where does it go?

flipflops and a third pedal don't mix well as i learned today.

Yeah, I hate flip flops, but when I wash my car, I wear swim trunks and flip flops and when I have to move it, they get stuck and I end up chucking them out of the car anyway and driving barefoot to maneuver the car into the garage to dry.

Yeah, I hate flip flops, but when I wash my car, I wear swim trunks and flip flops and when I have to move it, they get stuck and I end up chucking them out of the car anyway and driving barefoot to maneuver the car into the garage to dry.

i should try that. i bet pedal feel is epic.

A friend of mine has one. Its nice but... shrug. Also, any sort of engine work requires you to pull the engine :lol:

Anyways, today's observation: pulling up in a Miata behind an early 90s full-size PowerStroke jacked up so high that you can see the car in front of him clearly right over his axles and sporting a huge sticker on the tailgate that reads "ford - built with tools, not chopsticks" is kinda scary...

Anyways, today's observation: pulling up in a Miata behind an early 90s full-size PowerStroke jacked up so high that you can see the car in front of him clearly right over his axles and sporting a huge sticker on the tailgate that reads "ford - built with tools, not chopsticks" is kinda scary...

So it is like pulling up to a civic in an MG Midget then. :p

Picked my better half up from school today. I love watching college kids try to figure out what the hell my truck is.

And on that note, I really need to replace the steering box. I swear, its getting looser and it was already bad. The amount of play is horrendous.

Weak. It just takes a bit of practice to drive with flip-flops. I do it all the time in the summer. :p It just takes a quick adaptation to actually lifting your foot off the accelerator for a split second to go to the brake, or vice versa, instead of using the heel of your foot as a pivot point.

I'd go for the black rims. The chrome is too distracting.

Yeah, wouldn't want your Viper to be flashy.

But I agree, black ones. Provided they come with the red callipers.