Fuel Prices

We are at 1.62?/l for 95 (~9$/Gallon) by now.........it is getting reaaaaaaally hilarious. I wonder how long they can keep doing this until the first fuel stations burn.

I filled up today. $56.40 to top the tank. The girl at the gas station looked at me amazed - "Does that think really take that much gas?" :lol:

I just topped off my tank for 22$ for 6 gallons, which seems really good until you notice the trip odometer said 120. that's 20 mpg when driving unusually economically due to transmission being crap and avoiding stopping when ever possible and half was highway. LOL MPG FAIL.

We are at 1.62?/l for 95 (~9$/Gallon) by now.........it is getting reaaaaaaally hilarious. I wonder how long they can keep doing this until the first fuel stations burn.

We're back down to 1.539?/l now after a few hours at 1.599?/l :-?

Well hoo-fucking-ray. Only 1 leg to sell to fill up. And 90c of this shit are taxes, yet the Green Party is on a alltime high. I just want to go and randomly shoot people in the face who voted them.

I didn't post my ridiculous 83? bill for filling up the GTI in here yet? HAD to fill up. I did 3 partial buys (which I usually never do, but I thought that Lybia/E10 thing is soon over and we'll be 20cents down shortly...) in the meantime, all along the 1,6?/L line... No E10, though...

Count yourself lucky, my tank has a capacity of 65 litres, so one full tank at the cheapest station here (JET at 1,549 Euro/litre) costs me a sleek 100 Euro...

Well hoo-fucking-ray. Only 1 leg to sell to fill up. And 90c of this shit are taxes, yet the Green Party is on a alltime high. I just want to go and randomly shoot people in the face who voted them.
The dues to the state on fuel are almost constant. The government is not responsible for the ever-climbing fuel prices.

Over here prices dropped a bit, ?1,537/L as compared to ?1,63/L last time I filled up. These prices are still killing me though, spending ~?200/month on fuel as a student...

The dues to the state on fuel are almost constant. The government is not responsible for the ever-climbing fuel prices.

:nod: relatively to the total price the taxes have gone down. In 2002, about 75% of the money you paid for petrol went to the state. Now it's about 60%. (Diesel: 67% 2002, 50% now)

Went with my cousin yesterday to give him a hand with the race cars. He was driving his one ton with trailer and we started out by going to get fuel and some snacks for the road. He hands me his credit card and tells me to show the cashier so he can fill up one tank($75 limit at the pump). A lady at the pump next to us asks, "How many tanks does that truck have"?, Without blinking an eye he responds, "Three for a total of 140 gallons". I think the total was $125 with drinks and snacks, don't want to know how many gallons.

Woke up to 1.397/L this morning. Crazy when you consider that the Canadian and American dollar are close to equal and even in LA last weekend I didn't find gas that worked out to be more than 1.27/L

If I filled up our Suburban in Germany it would cost 278.57 USD.

th_tumblr_meme_faces_poker_face.jpg

Yesterday, I filled up my scooter after several weeks and I was quite surprised at how quickly the prices have gone up. Up until March, I couldn't put in more than EUR 7.5 for the full tank, now I paid EUR 11, that's 30-40% more.
For the car, I filled up in Austria this weekend and it was still ok, compared to Germany, I paid EUR 1.36/l, still it now costs EUR 75-80 to fill up the 55 liter tank, which is good for some 800km. So, I'll be cutting down on long distance trips going forward. Someone should finally shoot that damn Qaddafi.

Last edited:
Just paid 84 bucks to fill up from almost empty :p $4.12 was the cheapest I could find for premium around here :/ My mother is celebrating the rising gas prices by getting a 6.2L 2011 F150...:thumbsup:

Just paid 84 bucks to fill up from almost empty :p $4.12 was the cheapest I could find for premium around here :/ My mother is celebrating the rising gas prices by getting a 6.2L 2011 F150...:thumbsup:

The local Chevron here hit $4.09 last night - for regular.

Found regular for $3.66 last night and I promptly put $45 worth of it towards topping off my truck's tank. Shouldn't have to put gas in it for another 4-5 weeks now. I'll just be riding my VFR, enjoying 35-40mpg. :D