Random Thoughts....

I figured I'd post a couple of 24 hour radar gifs to show everyone what went through yesterday:

First, what I got hit by:
NashvilleApril27.gif

And then what Alabama had to go through:
AlabamaApril27.gif

Yeah, and Dave is going to be driving through most of those states next week. :|

If this area gets storms next week, it shouldn't be as bad as yesterday's. But to be safe, I'd keep an eye on the weather reports from areas he's heading to.

Some of the images reminded me of Parkersburg, but on a much larger scale.
I noticed that a lot of the homes in the South don't seem to have basements, is there any particular reason for that?

Some of the images reminded me of Parkersburg, but on a much larger scale.
I noticed that a lot of the homes in the South don't seem to have basements, is there any particular reason for that?

Clay in the soil is why my last place in Nashville didn't; it's really hard to dig through. Not sure about the rest of the area though.

@LP: That must be quite troubling to endure. Hope she stays safe.

Yeah me too man. I texted her and said y'all are wishing her safe as well, no response. I'm sure they're fine though. I hope.

LP: really hope she stays safe, she's probably witnessed something that no person should have to endure.

really hope our american cousins stay safe and be well.

Thanks man. I think she's fine, I'm not sure about the rest of the town though.

Man the stories ....and videos ...and pictures out of Alabama are truly harrowing. I wonder what the what the state of the early warning systems and safety rooms are down there in 'Bama. I live in a building with an underground parking garage and my parents have a room like this in the floor of their garage.

12259485_BG1.jpg

How storm proof are those underground shelters? I'm assuming very very (99%)?

How storm proof are those underground shelters? I'm assuming very very (99%)?

I can't say for certain, but I would think that are pretty storm proof... It's just a 10' x 4' x 6' box that is buried in the concrete of a garage floor and covered by a sliding steel door. It would take a unusual set of circumstances to lead to a failure... which is something very heavy landing on the door.

I have a basement, but I have to go outside to get to it...

The access to my parents shelter is much improved since I moved out....It was in my bay of the garage and we would have to move my car to use it, now my dad just needs to make sure he doesn't stack shit on top of it :lol:.

There is something seriously wrong with you when you walk into Tim Hortons and order a BMW chicken wrap, only to realize that you actually meant a BBQ chicken wrap :bangin:

Yes, yes, it was me.

So the BMW chicken wrap would be made of a BMW that lost a game of chicken? That sounds incredibly untasty.

Can today be over now please?

:yawn:

According to the news, it's very difficult to get contact with anyone in that general area. So I'm sure that's what your experiencing.

They have had had poor signal, but I got a surprise call from Liz on an unrecognized cellphone number (her sister's cellphone) just earlier when I was at the gym.

So for updates:

Their family is fine, they're all safe and their house isn't blown over or even touched.
The power is completely out in their neighborhood and only the one person down the street has a generator
They have some food and water and if they need to they would just head out to their grandfather's place to get food and provisions.
Liz and her brother are going to go out with their aunt and help in whatever way they can, handing out provisions, giving blood, anything.

She was describing to me how it was, and what she'd seen and I can't imagine it. She talked about how many helicopters there were, how many homes just got completely decimated (including one of her friends's) and she was upset that this had happened to the town where she grew up all her life.

I was sort of speechless but just cheering her on for going out and lending a hand. She feels lucky and she thanks everyone on the forums for praying for her and for everyone out in the affected area (yes I did tell her that y'all were praying).

In other news, the gym trainer got me worked out more in 5 minutes than I have been doing in 20-40 minutes. And she's cute as hell (looks like Gillian Jacobs). But she's married wif a kid. Lovely luck I have.

In other other news: I think Kate Middleton is cute but I can imagine if you see her face in the papers and on TV all the time that you'd get a bit bored of it?

Last edited:
. ? gloom and destruction. ...

In other other news: I think Kate Middleton is cute but I can imagine if you see her face in the papers and on TV all the time that you'd get a bit bored of it?

"These are not the Kate Middletons you are searching for".
'These are not the Kate Middletons we are searching for'.

"They can go on about their business".
'Go on about your business'.

Last edited:
I'm almost falling asleep too... But it's almost 1 AM where I live so that's probably why. @_@

Also, my regards to those who have been experiencing the terrible weather in the past week or so. It's very unfortunate that it happens, but the intensity of storms overall seems to be growing (at least in this year). Very interesting indeed.

Can today be over now please?

:yawn:

if you keep looking for a blue police box, should help get out of the day faster.

They have had had poor signal, but I got a surprise call from Liz on an unrecognized cellphone number (her sister's cellphone) just earlier when I was at the gym.

So for updates:

Their family is fine, they're all safe and their house isn't blown over or even touched.
The power is completely out in their neighborhood and only the one person down the street has a generator
They have some food and water and if they need to they would just head out to their grandfather's place to get food and provisions.
Liz and her brother are going to go out with their aunt and help in whatever way they can, handing out provisions, giving blood, anything.

She was describing to me how it was, and what she'd seen and I can't imagine it. She talked about how many helicopters there were, how many homes just got completely decimated (including one of her friends's) and she was upset that this had happened to the town where she grew up all her life.

I was sort of speechless but just cheering her on for going out and lending a hand. She feels lucky and she thanks everyone on the forums for praying for her and for everyone out in the affected area (yes I did tell her that y'all were praying).
really glad to hear she's doing ok. certainly reminds me that there are some good people in humanity. could just sit inside, wondering what happened. but to go out and start helping out as well. thats just impressive.

In other news, the gym trainer got me worked out more in 5 minutes than I have been doing in 20-40 minutes. And she's cute as hell (looks like Gillian Jacobs). But she's married wif a kid. Lovely luck I have.
i tend to call that sods law. you meet someone who you think 'bloody hell' and then she turns out to be spoken for. ends up making me shake my fist at life. "DAMN YOU LIFE!"

In other other news: I think Kate Middleton is cute but I can imagine if you see her face in the papers and on TV all the time that you'd get a bit bored of it?[/QUOTE]

"These are not the Kate Middletons you are searching for".
'These are not the Kate Middletons we are searching for'.

"They can go on about their business".
'Go on about your business'.

TV coverage has already started here in the uk. which lasted for about 30 seconds and i switched it over to my xbox screen. much rather blow some shit up than watch that crap.