Doctor Who

The Prequel Episode will be available to watch on Saturday directly after Day of the Moon airs. It will be avaible on the Doctor Who website.

also next Monday and Tuesday, BBC4 will air the 4 part episode The Hand of Fear as a tribute to Elisabeth Sladen and her character Sarah Jane Smith

on top of that, press details have been released for Episode 4 of Series Six, the Neil Gaiman episode. If you don't want spoilers, look away now.
6x04: The Doctors Wife by Neil Gaiman
The Doctor receives a distress signal from an old friend. Could there really be another living Time Lord out there? Hopes raised, he follows the signal to a junkyard planet sitting upon a mysterious asteroid in a Bubble universe, populated by a very strange family, as the time-travelling drama continues. The Doctor, Amy and Rory are given the warmest of welcomes by Auntie, Uncle and Nephew. But the beautiful and insane Idris greets them in a more unusual fashion ? what is she trying to tell the Doctor? As the Doctor investigates, he unwittingly puts his friends in the gravest danger.
The Doctor is played by Matt Smith, Amy by Karen Gillan, Rory by Arthur Darvill and Idris by Suranne Jones.

I really need to get my hands on the music from Dr. Who.

i don't think i ever said "WTF?!" so loudly at the tv before than i did at the end of tonights episode.

Its Amy's daughter and she's regenerating?! but how's that possible. my mind can't compute..

I take a vow of silence (pun not intended) for 24 hours to give those on my friends list a chance to see the episode themselves without spoilers.

i don't think i ever said "WTF?!" so loudly at the tv before than i did at the end of tonights episode.

Its Amy's daughter and she's regenerating?! but how's that possible. my mind can't compute..

Two parallel universes merging together, one of them where Amy produces a child with the Doctor probably in an unconventional way to keep parents happy. The child grows up to be River, resulting in a crazy Oedipus-like situation. That's my theory at the moment.

:blowup:

I've had to abandon Facebook to avoid spoilers, I do wish they'd get it up on iPlayer faster. :mad:

There are negatives to not owning a TV set sometimes...

You can watch live TV on iPlayer, you know that?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/

EDIT: some people are complaining about how terrible the episode was because it was too over-complex.

Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_HD_by_CrusierPL.png

Last edited:

Basically Pirates of the Carribean with something to do with aliens shoehorned in.

Two parallel universes merging together, one of them where Amy produces a child with the Doctor probably in an unconventional way to keep parents happy. The child grows up to be River, resulting in a crazy Oedipus-like situation. That's my theory at the moment.

EDIT: some people are complaining about how terrible the episode was because it was too over-complex.

Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_HD_by_CrusierPL.png
Anyone who thinks "Britains got talent" is a entertaining show and then complains about Doctor Who being too complex needs their head sorted out. Also i would +rep you for finding the prequel vid but need to spread the lurve more. So instead thank you and its made updating the blog a slight bit easier.
anyway, my theory.
i have no way of wrapping my head round the whole Amy's Daughter/Time Lord thing. that just makes me head come to a screeching halt and can't compute it. However, i do reckon the daughter will play a part in the Doctor's upcoming "death" and somehow she killed him mid-regeneration and will somehow play a part in bringing him back. Also i think that moment where someone looked through the door hatch at Amy and said "no she's dreaming" or something like that will be made clearer down the line.

talk about a 2 part opener, i've got far more questions than i have answers.

You can watch live TV on iPlayer, you know that?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/
I don't have a TV license so It's illegal for me to watch live BBC programs, I have to watch them after they have aired.

Seen it now, good God that was a great episode, even if I did struggle with some bits of it! :lol:

jedd_kenobi said:
Anyone who thinks "Britains got talent" is a entertaining show needs their head sorted out.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Still going WTF?
Paperbiro's two universe merging theory makes sense because all three times she has come from no where like Rose did.
I don't think I need to spoiler this, I love that the silence wear suits, epic.

Last edited:
Paperbiro's two universe merging theory makes sense but there seems to be an extra twist because Dr Song seems to be going backward in this universe. I like the poetic justice in themselves pronouncing their own death sentence.

I was loving this episode...right up to the last minute.

Then my head exploded. I can't wait to see how they even try to explain that one!!!

Please let it be a 'two parallels collide and then everything unwinds itself' scenario, or else this is just mind blowing of nuclear proportions.

Is it just me or have these first two episodes had an entirely different feel? I have no idea what's going on, but it's badass!

Is it just me or have these first two episodes had an entirely different feel? I have no idea what's going on, but it's badass!

the opening episodes have felt a lot more darker than previous episodes.

the theory i've had is that somehow, the cracks in time have had a effect on Rory and Amy. If i remember correctly, there have never been a romantic couple on the TARDIS. (Mickey and Rose had broken up by the time Mickey got on the TARDIS and Ian & Barbara only got together after they left the First Doctor). I'm wondering that their travels with the Doctor and more importantly the effects of the Rory's 2000 year wait and Amy's bringing the Doctor back have had some consequence. I still think there's something between the names Amy Pond and River Song. My theory is that River Song is that small child who regenerated, the child of Rory and Amy. She grows up and the good man she kills is her own father Rory. somehow she ends up in the suit and is the one who "kills" the 1100+ year old Doctor. Maybe she somehow gives her Regenerations to the Doctor allowing him to reboot his regeneration limit to zero.

its a long shot and PaperBiro's sounds far more credible. all i do know is that with Moffat. its very likely something staring us in the face and we just can't see it. either that or he's got the Silence working for him.

also, Ratings are in for 6x02: Day of the Moon.
5.4 million viewers tuned in to watch Day of the Moon in the UK yesterday, according to unofficial overnight figures. The rating is a drop of a million on the series opener, not helped by the early timeslot and the sunny weather across the UK for the Bank Holiday weekend. However Doctor Who was still the 2nd most watched programme on British television Saturday Night, with Britain's Got Talent once more topping the charts with 9.5 million. Nothing else on Saturday night got more then 5.0 million watching. Up against Doctor Who, New People Do the Funniest Things on ITV1 had 1.9 million watching, up half a million on the programme shown last week.
Doctor Who inherited just 1.7 million viewers from its predecessor, Don't Scare the Hare, which, with an average of just 1.4 million viewers has lost a quarter of its viewers since last week, not surprisingly as the premier show achieved one of the poorest AI scores of all time. Doctor Who's audience peaked at 5.7 million for the last 15 minutes, with the BBC One audience dropping to 2.9 million as the programme finished. Doctor Who is currently 35th for the week. although this position should change substantially when final figures are released and a top twenty place is still possible.
Source

[video=youtube;-LUUM4tqYaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LUUM4tqYaA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;KhMLxr-zWtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhMLxr-zWtk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:
Technically past 24-hour-spoiler period, but I found it on the internets and thought it was lulzy:

tumblr_lkk0hwz1Pf1qjtvqxo1_500.jpg