2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

you mean the cheater?

To be fair, the press release doesn't sweep the matter under the floor, they acknowledge the whole scandal, and they do say that the two-year ban from the sport did expire, and since he's still a competent motorsport engineer...

Wow, that's big news. I guess the higher ups aren't happy about the performance..

"Media group News Corporation has officially confirmed it plans to look into a joint takeover of Formula 1 with an Italian investment company that has close links to Fiat." Source

That sounds like trouble..

News Corporation buys F1 and suddenly Ferrari are 1 second faster than everybody else... :lol:

yea, nothing here

"early negotiations are underway" could mean that they said "hey Bernie, wanna sell?" and dirtbag said "no, Fuck off" ect...

no worry here

Which then in turn means...

<-------

Vica versa, fuck yeah.

"Media group News Corporation has officially confirmed it plans to look into a joint takeover of Formula 1 with an Italian investment company that has close links to Fiat." Source

That sounds like trouble..

It actually sounds good to me.

Yeah, God forbid italian investments... not like FIAT saved Chrysler or anything

Ferrari is lookin' goooooooooooooddddd! :D

FIA President Jean Todt says that in-season F1 tests will be back in place by the 2013 season at the latest. Labelling the current ban as ?stupid?, the Frenchman points out that tests will return as early as next year if all teams agree to the suggestion.

At present, testing is limited to four meetings pre-season plus the Young Driver gathering in November. However, Todt is keen to scrap the ban on in-season running which was brought in under Max Mosley?s FIA Presidency for 2009 onwards.

Instead, he is hoping to introduce three two-day tests during the campaign, particularly to allow up and coming drivers more opportunities in Formula 1 cars.

?It?s a stupid decision to have no testing during the season,? Todt explained to the press at Istanbul Park prior to Sunday?s Turkish Grand Prix. ?Yes, in the past it was crazy to have unlimited testing during the year, but to go from unlimited to complete banned wasn?t the right decision.

?It doesn't allow young drivers to test and pick up some experience, but I will make sure this situation changes for the future. We?re pushing for a few days of free testing during the season as soon as possible, but obviously respecting the current rules (meaning all teams must agree if a change if to be accepted).?

A return of in-season testing would avoid situations such as that in Hungary two years ago, when Toro Rosso debutant Jaime Alguersuari was forced to begin his maiden Grand Prix weekend without having driven a Formula 1 car around a corner.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/259306/todt-pushing-to-bring-back-in-season-testing/

Yes. YES. GODDAMN YES!! Something atleast!!

So what's up with Button? Weren't we expecting him to have superior tyre longevity? How come he hasn't made even a 3 stopper work?

Its not just that, it seems that his tyres are degrading at the same speed that Hamilton's are when Hamilton is out there thinking he's still on bridgestones....

The tyres will lose performance after a certain amount of time regardless of driving style.

Theories about who wears tyres out fast or slow are usually a load of bollocks.

Last edited:
In Alonso's hands anyway :p

Massa got unlucky in the latter third of the race, there were some overtakes he made that showed the new pace of the car.

Massa got unlucky in the latter third of the race, there were some overtakes he made that showed the new pace of the car.

He looked ok this race, and was only really let down by Ferrari strategy in using too many sets of tyres in qualifying and his pitstops. He may bemoan the mistakes and problems but I reckon at least one of those stops was his fault as it looked like he was still spinning the rear hub and the tyre guy couldn't get the tyre on until it stopped.

He looked ok this race, and was only really let down by Ferrari strategy in using too many sets of tyres in qualifying and his pitstops. He may bemoan the mistakes and problems but I reckon at least one of those stops was his fault as it looked like he was still spinning the rear hub and the tyre guy couldn't get the tyre on until it stopped.

Just as the US announcers said, with the frequency of pitstops, there is bound to be a higher number of slip ups.

I'm hearing rumors of Rosberg might be going to Red Bull to replace Webber? Now, even if it was 0.1% true, why would Rosberg want to go and be 2nd Driver? And then where would Mark go?