Beer

Who likes a good halfyard?

5623660732_9236a1532f_z.jpg

This was some unnamed house Hefeweissen, from local brewery restaurant.

Was it good? (It looks cloudy/excellent)

Most people probably wouldn't pay $$ for a half yard of bad tasting beer, myself included, if that helps answer your question.

I've recently tried Belgian white beer. Highly recommend it as a very light one. Bottles are tiny though ;)

belgian white beer is a brand over there?

i think i can name 20 belgian white beers...

I think he means 'Celis white beer', basicly American Hoegaarden.

After Pierre Celis (he died recently), the original brewer and creator of Hoegaarden 'sold' the Hoegaarden brewery to Inbev (bastards took advantage of the brewery burning down and Celis having financial trouble after rebuilding it) he went to the states to start another smaller brewery making white beer, most Americans simply refer to it as 'white beer'.

Been reading things about a Brett infection in this year's Boulevard Imperial Stout. Never had an "infected" beer before so I'm curious to see what will happen.

I feel that this infection adds to the character of the Boulevard Imperial. It could also be that mine isn't as "infected" as some peoples' since I've read horror stories of god-awful bottles.

Stone Brewing Company is taking over a local bar next week, with this list (so far) of beers on draft :

Ruination IPA, Arrogant Bastard, Stone Old Guardian Belgo-Barley Wine, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Lukcy Basartd Ale, Stone Anniversary, Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous and more.

The CEO of Stone will be there too. I really rather want to go but I can't due to work and several hours' commute the next day, sigh.

audacious-apricot.jpg

Pyramid Apricot Ale, brewed here in the NW. On Fridays, I can get a gallon right out of the tap for $8.

drifter-pale-ale.jpg

Widmer Bros. Drifter Pale Ale, also brewed here in Portland.

-Robert

French cider is not beer for the following reasons:

a : it's French
b : it's cider

cider is sparkling wine! (made from appels)

Last edited:
Red Hook Barleywine: really good, probably needs to warm up to be better.

I also picked up a bottle of Brother's Reserve Cherry Oak Doppelbock for $5. Yes, FIVE. DOLLARS.