Edit my photo!

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
So based on some ideas from the interwebs, I think it would be good to have a place where you can request others advice and help with post-processing and editing photos.

Paste a link in here to your raw file or high quality/high resolution image and details about what you would like. Only do so if you're comfortable releasing a RAW image file. If you'd like people to just go nuts and be creative, you can request so as well. Some people may not have the necessary software to view your RAW file, so try to convert to DNG if you can (thanks Nomix!)

Uh, I guess to start someone can feel free and go nuts on this RAW file: http://www.filedropper.com/img4213

Last edited:
Not exactly the best I've done but had a yodel

http://img101.imageshack.**/img101/9633/img4213a.jpg

If you can, convert your raws to DNG, just in case some people don't have the updates for ACR. ;)

uhh... what is zis, I do not zupport it... err, nevermind, I didn't wait for it to finish downloading. Why do you think RAW is necessary anyways, a neutrally converted 16bit jpeg is good enough for threads like this... in fact I didn't even touch the raw at all I just went straight through to photoshop

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2011/05/06/lpeditw.jpg

edit: I do like the theme of the thread though. Should there be any suggestions on how long a photo lasts and how many should be active at once or just let everyone run wild? And it should go without saying, don't

Last edited:
uhh... what is zis, I do not zupport it... err, nevermind, I didn't wait for it to finish downloading. Why do you think RAW is necessary anyways, a neutrally converted 16bit jpeg is good enough for threads like this... in fact I didn't even touch the raw at all I just went straight through to photoshop

edit: I do like the theme of the thread though. Should there be any suggestions on how long a photo lasts and how many should be active at once or just let everyone run wild? And it should go without saying, don't tag full sized photos![/QUOTE]

I thought raw would be better than a reduced and compressed jpg in terms of flexibility in manipulation.

And definitely I think we can run wild with the times and dates. If you want to edit someone's photo like a year later that's fine, but just make sure to quote the original or something. If you want an edit, just paste in a link to your file whenever you want. I feel like there should be only a minor level of structure in this thread: aka it's not like edit the photo of the person above you kinda thing. More than 1 person should be able to edit your photo and paste results if they want, and you should be able to just waltz in here, slap a link and waltz out.

Oh and btw, I love that edit you did. Contrasts are great, and the desat is very appealing!

Fair enough, do whatever you bloody well want! :) Yeah, you do have more freedom with raws, but if anyone's at all nervous about exif (like certain people whose names start with e and end with b) or don't want to go through the (small amount of) effort to upload a big fat raw they shouldn't feel any pressure about formats, y'know? But as long as a raw is converted with the right white balance and isn't Mega Contrasty? you can still do a ton to jpgs, and saved at huge resolution with the highest quality they don't lose too much information. Do whatever you bloody well want to, basically.

I'll grab something to put up in here later.

Last edited:
It appears that your dropbox there isn't public.

Come on fellers, throw some more photos in this thread. Should they be your most awesome photos ever? Hell no, that's where the fun in editing comes in. With more photos there are more possibilities, at the moment this is about as complex as I can do. It's not even good, but it's just for fun so I don't care.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2011/05/25/edit2ss.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Rambo, modified the link.

Not great but I messed around with the original pic, bumping up vibrance and selective color saturation, as well as applying a gradient to increase hightlights in the foreground without blowing out the background/sky

http://img192.imageshack.**/img192/6249/img42132.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough, do whatever you bloody well want! :) Yeah, you do have more freedom with raws, but if anyone's at all nervous about exif (like certain people whose names start with e and end with b) or don't want to go through the (small amount of) effort to upload a big fat raw they shouldn't feel any pressure about formats, y'know? But as long as a raw is converted with the right white balance and isn't Mega Contrasty? you can still do a ton to jpgs, and saved at huge resolution with the highest quality they don't lose too much information. Do whatever you bloody well want to, basically.

I'll grab something to put up in here later.

I'm not sure why you're giving him such a hard time about offering his RAW file to us for PP manipulation, I'd rather play this exercise/game with a RAW file as it offers more flexibility on LR and does nondestructive changes. Plus it's fun to see how much maximal image info you can squeeze out of it.

off topic, how does one change a propreitary RAW file to a .DNG anyway? i've never done it since I've never had to.

In LR you can export to DNG