Autoblog: Official: Jaguar teams up with Williams F1 to build the C-X75

Apparently, Tata picked up a stake in Bladon earlier. This smoothen things out a little bit for Jaguar (perhaps also the reason why the CX-75 was given the go ahead)

Something that hasn't been mentioned, but that Jaguar are probably afraid of, is the sound that a turbine can generate. Modern technology has a somewhat easy and inexpensive solution for that as well - noise canceling headphones (which use sound to stop sound) this technology is used everyday at target ranges

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009363P/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00009LI4K&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1EA7XY4AFVP6XV7WZJVQ

Really, wearing a set of earmuffs would just add to the "jet" experience. Please, Jaguar, build this with turbines!

Last edited:
Something that hasn't been mentioned, but that Jaguar are probably afraid of, is the sound that a turbine can generate. Modern technology has a somewhat easy and inexpensive solution for that as well - noise canceling headphones (which use sound to stop sound) this technology is used everyday at target ranges

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009363P/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00009LI4K&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1EA7XY4AFVP6XV7WZJVQ

Really, wearing a set of earmuffs would just add to the "jet" experience. Please, Jaguar, build this with turbines!

Or they could install something similar into the car's speaker system, like in those Acura (?) commercials, to cancel the sound of the turbines. Or they could just leave the turbines as-is and people who buy it can go "I'm driving a jet. Your argument is invalid."

Jay Leno actually already built a turbine powered car. I just can't understand why Jaguar would opt to use a small four cylinder engine over a turbine. It's a supercar, it should be somewhat odd or even obscenely over the top in some way.

Shameless self-promotion, but this is a V8.

http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/1257/imag0024e.jpg
Pics

I love Jags and their engines, but Euro/Japanese V8s are way too big.

I really wish they would go with the turbines. Take a step in a different direction and see how the consumers and industry react. Besides, if you're making a million dollar supercar, it should probably be a bit bonkers.

I really wish they would go with the turbines. Take a step in a different direction and see how the consumers and industry react. Besides, if you're making a million dollar supercar, it should probably be a bit bonkers.

This. Jag needs something unique. The brand is becoming too generic.

I can't imagine many owners knowing how to maintain a turbine correctly though.

I can't see many supercar owners maintaining their own cars anyway.

Let's be honest. Not many owners know how to maintain a piston engine, either.

Turbines are also, in ways, easier to maintain than piston engines. They are certainly simpler, in terms of parts.

Chrysler never had maintenance problems with their turbine cars when they ran their test program. There is less to worry about.

I can't see many supercar owners maintaining their own cars anyway.

True that. Many of these would probably end up sitting in climate-controlled garages anyway.

Yes, turbines have fewer components than piston engines, but there is a much lower margin for error.

Last edited:
True that. Many of these would probably end up sitting in climate-controlled garages anyway.

Yes, turbines have fewer components than piston engines, but there is a much lower margin for error.

The 50 or so Chrysler Turbines had millions of miles put on them and they had no issues.

Why is it so hard to get some fricken turbines in my fricken Jag supercar?!

If this comes with any reciprocating engine, I will be bored to tears. They have the opportunity to do something wonderful here, and they probably won't. Stupid.